Ended
Watch

Dr Redfill and the Herald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Where the lights are low and atmosphere one of calm and quiet, here in the Avalon Martha waits patiently and quietly for Dr Redfill.

Tiny Martha is far from idle, however. She is busily studying the various areas of the Avalon: doing her best to ensure there are no explosives or eavesdropping devices left anywhere.

Once more she is dressed meek and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose. Martha's long gymslip shows her slim leg to mid calf. Her blonde hair is tied into neat twin tails, each with a red ribbon bow. Her limp is gentle and she seems to be trying to still get used to her C-Leg, not having fully jettisoned using her simple walking cane. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Oxford pattern shoes. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel over one shoulder and a simple metal walking cane helps her along. An aroma of minty toothpaste and lavender follows her about.

Though occupied in activity, she looks meekly over to investigate The Stairs to check for the expected arrival of the Doctor.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Tonight Michael was going to discuss Ordo Dracul business with Herald Villiers. This kind of a meeting allowed simpler clothes than those necessary for Acknowledgement, so he let himself wear something more comfortable. The Savage has his favorite jacket, black shirt and black trousers on.

Michael takes a bus and arrives at the Avalon at 19:50. He waits a few minutes in case he might startle the Herald before the appointed time. As he descends into the vault his eyes meet with Miss Villiers' who is clearly expecting him. After making sure that there is no one else present he speaks.

"Good evening, Herald Villiers. As you invited me here, I assume that it's safe to talk. Let me introduce myself again. Michael Redfill, Supplicant of Terror, at your service".

He gives his fellow Dragon a respectful bow.
    Attached Images

Martha Villiers

PRE

Michael's bow is met with a friendly smile and is acknowledged with a respectful nod. Twin tails bob as Martha skips and limps over to greet him, "Good evening, Doctor!" she chirps, all friendly. "I do hope you are well! Yes, Deputy Connery is close by, but you may speak freely...he is to be trusted without fail!" she reassures, "I hope you are settling in, Doctor!" she smiles and tries to assess his demeanor from obvious body language or tone of voice. With a gentle gesture of her cane, she points to the nearest couch, "Would you care to be seated, Doctor? We may converse there if you wish! How can I help you?" a friendly smile.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Just like the previous time he finds the Herald's enthusiasm contagious. Michael's brow archs as he hears the 'without fail' part.

"As you wish, Herald Villiers. The relationship between covenants must be unstrained indeed if we can speak freely when someone who is not a Dragon can hear. I do not question your wisdom, it is just... unusual."

He contemplates the situation for a moment.

Dillon Connery must be Herald's close and personal friend who has proven himself time and again if she can be sure that he won't feed all the information he can gather to the local head of their organisation. Usually the Lancea Sanctum (I assume Priscus Connery belongs to it, although it has never been said directly) proved to be the thorn in the Dragons' side. Then again, things might be different here.

"To be honest, I do not know much. I have been sent here, but I have no information regarding the Order's operations in the area. If you could spare the time I would like to learn how many Dragons are here and what their ranks are. Are there any Sworn? Do we have access to the local libraries during the night? Are there Wyrm's Nests under the Order's control? Basically, I would be grateful if you could brief me on the local situation. Of course, I want to join the research that is carried out here and I also would like to prove my worth to a mentor who can supervise my Great Work on the Coil of Hunger."

Michael hesitates for a moment after which he asks in a worried tone:

"I have also observed that you haven't introduced yourself as far as your rank in the Order goes. Might there be a policy that requires a newcomer to prove herself before she can learn the resident's positions? I haven't heard of such a practice but, then again, I haven't heard of many things."

He gives Martha an unsure smile hoping he hasn't just committed some major breach of etiquette.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha gives some quiet thought to these questions and nods gently. "I see. There was nothing sinister in my silence about my title, Doctor. I too am a Supplicant of Terror." she offers a modest smile. "I am impressed by your zest to teach, Doctor...and I cannot conceal that I should wish to study at your side!" a happy and sincere smile is offered, "You ask many questions...we won't keep any secrets from you, Doctor, regarding the Nests. However, I shall supply the answer to only a few of your questions as I feel it would be more proper for the local head of the Chapter, Grand Wyrm Heinz, to answer the others. You see, we have recently re-organized. Mister Hartman having stepped down from his position as our local head of Chapter to dedicate more time and energy to his Great Work." she nods as if to suggest she thinks this is a good idea. "We have several new recruits too. This will greatly expand on our small Chapter House, Doctor. We are few in number, but we are working to build on strong work left by predecessors. Yes, we have access to library facilities and our Chapter House is well provided for with apparatus of all kinds to help with a wide variety of studies." another happy smile. "If you wish, we can take a ride out that way...I shall both show you the Chapter House and transmit a message to the Grand Wyrm to see if he wishes to meet us there, Doctor. Would that be satisfactory?" she asks with wide eyed innocence.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael listens attentively to Martha's words. He is somewhat confused when she says that she is a Supplicant, like him. Somehow he imagined that a Kindred with her level of power would have greater mastery over the Coils. Miss Villiers must have joined the Order only recently. The Doctor's opinion of Martha grows as he is quite used to older and powerful Kindred not trying to change and grow as much as the neonates do. The drive to improve oneself and gain new knowledge is something he can easily relate to.

"Thank you, Miss Villiers. I am glad that there are no restrictions as far as knowledge is concerned. I was just going to offer my help in analyzing the library's contents and, possibly, offering to improve the collection. You see, I have unique memory, so I perfectly remember everything I had access two in New York." - Michael offers the Herald a slight smile.

Dr. Redfill continues to listen politely, but he is simply befuddled by her saying that the Grand Wyrm rules the Order here.

"Excuse me, Miss Villiers, but isn't the Order typically ruled by a Kogaion? Back in New York the title of Grand Wyrm was given to the one who has been learning the Coils for the longest... Of course, I would like to go with you. I merely want to avoid offending the Order's leader by using the wrong title... That would be about the worst thing a newcomer can do, don't you think? Except from calling the Prince 'Your Eminence', perhaps." - he gives the other Supplicant a playful smile. Michael is still very much aware of her superior position in the domain, but the realization that she has the same rank as him in the covenant made him relax a little.

"Please lead the way, Herald Villiers." - he waves his hand towards the stairs in a gallant gesture.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods. Again he shows his considerable Pride in his boast about his memory. Martha makes a mental note of this trait and began to think of ways she could anticipate it's demonstration. Fighting back a sigh, Martha played with one of her twin tails as he lectured her. She was only too aware of the titles used and felt she needed no instruction in that. Holding back a frown, she contented herself with a display of mild irritation by adjusting her hat and taking her time in standing. "Thank you...needless to say I am aware of the usual titles associated with leadership, Doctor. However, in this instance, though I welcome your attention to the detail and thoughtful instruction to that effect, I am not in error nor in need of correction." she was sincere in this, she was wise enough to avoid shutting down his desire to teach. He might be telling her useful things and she was determined to remain attentive to him, "Rather, we have not replaced our previous Kogaion. The reason for this, only Mr Hartman knows. He did not confide in me the reason and my curious nature is otherwise attentive to more pressing investigations and preoccupations to be deflected by his reluctance to illuminate me in this matter. For the moment, Grand Wyrm appears to be the title of choice and was the one Mr Hartman felt comfortable with...if Mr Heinz wishes to change that, I have no doubt he shall inform us." she tries a smile. Her smile grows brighter at the gallant gesture offered inviting her to show the way. "Well, Doctor, the Chapter House is quite a way out of the main urban area, sir. Not quite hinterland, but close..." she gathers her cane and top coat as she makes her way to The Stairs. It would be easy to take the elevator. She enjoys taking the elevator...but she feels she must now defy The Stairs. Smiling to herself, she steadily exercises her leg and tries out the C-Leg's ability to climb. It's not perfect, but she's getting better. Martha giggles once she at the top of The Stairs. Turning to Michael she says, "I daresay we shall need to take a taxiometer cabriolet, Doctor."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael notices the woman's frown and adds to avoid a possible misunderstanding:

"Please excuse me, Miss Villiers. I was not trying to teach a full-fledged Dragon about basic Ordo Dracul titles. Rather, I was trying to remove my own ignorance. As you well know, there are sometimes subtle differences and varying codes in the titles in different domains." - pausing a little, he adds with a soft smile. - "If I ever start giving you a lecture without you asking on a subject you are well-versed in yourself, I hereby permit you to hit me on the head with that cane." - he makes a very solemn expression as he says this. And then it breaks into a wide smile, - "My meditation instructor used this method whenever I got too full of myself. Made me hold back as hard as I could."

Following the Herald up the Stairs, Michael remarks:

"Well, then let us do so. So, what is Mr. Heinz like? I would hate to behave inappropriately in his presence. Well, I often behave a little inappropriately," - he offers an apologetic smile. - "but, at least, I try not to..."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha giggles at all of this. Her frustration quite melted away by the chatter and smiles. She happily laughs along, "An invitation to beat you, Doctor? One wonders if we should perhaps travel to the Asylum, rather than the Chapter House, sir!" a happy giggle, but she nods in understanding. The method of teaching was serious and her nod intended to show she truly understood, despite her playful words.

"Well, Mr Heinz has been a good friend to me, Doctor. He is quiet, but gentlemanly. Steadfast in adversity. Brave and attentive to the welfare of others. He has not shrunk from the work of the Domain. He is held in some esteem amongst our local society. He was, until recently, our Reeve." she nods to emphasize this point. "He is always neat. Always courteous and has always shown me great kindness, Doctor." her eyes brighten with each new element of praise for Max. Her tone one of delighted respect for him. "I am pleased he has taken the mantle of directing our club. I feel we shall grow in strength, knowledge and wisdom under his guidance and I shall endeavor to contribute to that objective!" another smile as she hobbles towards the outside, talking carefully as she approaches the mortal section of the club, she nods to Michael, hinting they should change subject.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael unconsciously nods several times as she describes the Grand Wyrm.

"Thank you, Miss Villiers. He seems like the right person to guide the Order. I always believed that temperance and wisdom were necessary for seeking knowledge. One of the reasons I wanted to get out of New York myself was that the Order there often employed more... aggressive methods. I suppose, it was effective, but in my opinion the inner change is the most important where the Great Work is concerned. It is painful to watch mortals get involved in cruel experiments which yield very little. I am happy that the Dragons here appear to be more gentle."

As they approach the area where mortals are allowed and changes the topic:

"Sacramento has quite an active nightlife comparative to its size. I suppose the clubs are quite successful? As business ventures, I mean?" - it is a topic he chose to pass the time more than anything, but Michael is interested nevertheless. Still, he avoids mentioning that Martha is the one who appears to be in charge here. She might prefer to stay in shadow having other Kindred or even mortal ghouls as managers of the establishment. One can never know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread