Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Moros Meeting at Granite Park

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

I know, I know, I said Saturday. I won't be online as much as I expected tomorrow so I thought I'd post it early. Hopefully this won't be an issue?

It’s still early enough in the afternoon that the morning’s chill is in the air, but there are wide patches of blue in the sky and the sun shines on Granite Park. Not far from the southern parking lot, set back from the trail, a lone man sits cross-legged beneath a skeletal tree, a collection of blankets spread out in front of him. Nearby are a small cooler and a stack of red Solo cups. There’s no book or newspaper to distract him; his focus for now is on the parking lot. He gives the various joggers and dog walkers passing glances.

As he waits, he imagines a perimeter around the blankets, and brings it into existence: conversation here will not travel to the walking trails.

Joshua’s coat is off, folded at his side. The butt of his pistol sticks out just enough for him to get a hand on it should he need to. He waits for the others.

Influence Sound, 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-27 22:25:16 Joshua rolls 6 to Influence Sound (Gno+Forces) (10 Again) 7, 1, 9, 6, 9, 9 3 successes

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

OOC

Four surprises himself by showing up early, well, earlier than he intended. There was a mishap with his alarm clock, a stray cat, and his landlady... he was actually up, awake, dressed, and at Granite Park, is the point.

The Giant gets out of his van, quickly checks to make sure that his stock of medical equipment wasn't making the thing a tempting target for criminals by peeking out too much, then shambles over to the man he recognizes as Councillor Morris and his circle of blankets. He feels a tingle of magic once he gets close enough, and guessing it's to keep sound from traveling, speaks.
    "Councillor Morris. How are you today?"

He sits down on one of the blankets further from the Councillor, being mindful of the fact that sitting closer would block just about anyone else from seeing the man.

The soccer fields show signs of use from the morning games and practices of youth leagues. Toren yawned loudly and raised his palm to cover it. He hadn't been sleeping as well lately and his mind wasn't as sharp as usual. Still, he was interested in what a meeting of like-minded path members would yield. The setup looked inviting, an escape from the urban structures for a more isolated space. It seemed to be a theme lately to connect with nature. That reasoning was beyond Toren's current understanding. Maybe some just found it more comfortable. He strolled towards the ring of blankets, passing through the supernal influences and activating his perception of resonance.
      Dark Matter
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-28 01:41:47 Toren rolls 7 to cast Dark Matter [Science+Matter] (10 Again) 3, 8, 3, 8, 9, 7, 5 3 successes
    "Councilor, nice to meet'cha," he said in a friendly voice while sporting a likewise friendly smile. He nodded to Four whom he had met before, "Hey Four, been a while. What'cha been up to?" His mannerisms were casual and at ease, dressed in his grey coat and round lens sunglasses, his bald head gleaming and shiny in the early afternoon light.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Not much. Mostly my job, some charity work... I've been trying to find someone who knows a bit about spirit to look into that thing with Mike, Miach, and me. Haven't had much luck. " Four shrugs, but also has a slightly worried edge to his relaxed movements - he hasn't been as active in the consillium as he'd like. "Mostly I just want to finish looking into that before I got tied into something else. I don't want to see more sleepers hurt because we weren't moving fast enough."

L
    LoneRanger

Driving can be a pain in the back, if you are a foreigner it can be a double pain, if these are the first months, it is a triple pain. So actually driving much before can be a solution but traffic jams are the counter answers...

So, after parking near the soccer field, wearing the usual excellent facture suit and polished shoes, Mr. Rossi goes out from his sedan, with a letter in his hand.

Avoiding accurately the parents of the soccer playing's kids is the best route to avoid a comment on the skills of the youth. This compensated the curiosity of seeing people playing soccer in US. After some time, he spots his fellow Mystagogue with two other people.

"Ah the lady with Miach."

He walks in the circle with ease, greeting everybody with a smile. Nodding politely to the Councillor and to the others and approaching his Mysterium mate to a certain distance.

"good afternoon there, we are blessed by a most lovely weather. Toren (@Vessagon), how is the day so far?

he then waits until Four stops to talk with Joshua Morris
    Nice to meet you, Councillor. A most pleasant day. I saw you( Cl4re ) at the Council meeting, I believe; good afternoon. I am Mr. Rossi.
    and Mr. Rossi offers an hand for shaking.

PRE

It was always annoying to be late to a social event. Fortunately, Gallows had an excuse in the form of the basket full of sandwiches he was carrying. He hadn't thought making them would take so long, but he had opened the fridge that morning to find several of his sandwich supplies missing. He would have to ask Rosetta about that later. But now, one hasty trip to the grocery store and frantic sandwich making later, he was arriving at the site of Moros meeting.

There were already several people here; two people he didn't know, as well as the Councilor and Four. He made his way over them.

"Hello, Councilor," he said, nodding respectfully. "A basket of assorted sandwiches, as requested." He waved the basket, then turned to look at Four. "Hello, Four. Good seeing you again. I hope I haven't missed much."

PRE

Already there were more Moroi assembled here than he'd ever seen in Sacramento at one time. And more were coming. He greets each of them with a nod and a soft, "Hello;" he answers Four's question ("Could be worse,") and he shakes Rossi's hand ("Pleased to meet you, Mr. Rossi,"). He thanks Gallows for bringing the sandwiches, and adds:

"Please, everyone, feel free to have a seat. We have food, and drinks; a picnic is less likely to draw attention than just a random gathering so please, tuck in."

Seeing how Gallows and Mr. Rossi were dressed, Joshua unknowingly ran a hand over his own suit, feeling self-conscious around men who clearly knew how to wear it better.

"Ah, sorry to hear about your run of bad luck, Four. Hope it clears up soon. If you need any help I could always see what I could do..." replying to Four. He turns then to Rossi as he bounds up to them. "Ah hey, Question. Things are alright here. Still a bit chilly but that's not discouraging anyone."

Toren dutifully followed instructions and found himself a drink from the cooler before taking a seat on one of the blankets. He followed it up with, "Thanks, this is actually pretty well thought out. I like a guy who's orderly," and salutes the Councilor before guzzling it down. "I'm Toren, by the by, I don't know if you saw me at the Consillium. I only Awakened a couple years ago and was only exposed to my mentor up until recently. Hope that's okay. So what's life in Mage Society been like for you, Councilor..." He never did catch the name of the Councilor and couldn't recall it being mentioned at the Consillium either.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

A meeting on the Path of Doom, how exciting! In the morning also, Mike really is a morning person. Dogs out, ghost out, breakfast in.

'Good morning everybody.' He looks around, a broad smile appears. 'We are with so many!'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four shakes Mr. Rossi's hand and greets Gallows warmly. before turning back to Toren. "Well, if you know anyone good with Spirit, for one... But I can't really think of anything else." He shrugs, then snags a sandwich at Morris's invitation to do so.

"Hey Mike."

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread