Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Photogenic Lunch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

Bookkeeping pre-thread: {SV-P:2 / TD-P:1}
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-27 00:50:36 Jack Falley rolls 7 to combi-cast SupVis/TempDodge rote (Dex + Ath + Time - 2) (10 Again) 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 6, 9 3 successes

Jack walks into Dagwood's Sandwich Shop, a place he'd heard about from Ruby a few times, looking about and scanning patrons to ensure no particularly nasty presences were around while waiting in line. Once at the register, he orders a regular-sized pastrami to be a little different and try out their version on the cured meat. Paying in cash, he then goes and finds a seat with a view of the entrance.

You never can be too careful... the Curator thinks as he watches out for Lux ( Fool ) and whoever she decided to bring along, humming some techno tune from a game he recently got off Steam.

Lux

PRE

Spells

Lux strolled into the sandwich shop, blinking rapidly at the sudden flood of information just beyond the cheap glass doors. The traces of electricity in the building, the spread of shining light from the florescent tubes on the ceiling, the small motes of supernal energy popping in and out of the room, most of which was clustered sporadically around Jack, all mixing together would have simply stunned her only a year before, but after a few seconds and several more blinks, Lux was re-oriented walking up to the counter.

"Contacts," she muttered off-handedly, shrugging at the staring cashier. She ordered a simple turkey sub, paid cash, and moved over to Jacks table.

"Afternoon," she offered the Curator, sliding into the booth. "Mike might be coming, but his bosses have him pretty busy."

Question
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

Clearly in a little rush Mike also enters the sandwich shop. It was quite a while after he answered the text message, right now he was still 'organizing' his hair with both hands.

Around him hangs a strong shield of decay. Yet despite the fact he wrapped himself in the powers of Death he smiles as he sees Lux and the Curator. 'And here I am. Good afternoon!'

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-27 10:04:42 Mike rolls 8 to Gno + Death to cast Speak with the Dead (10 Again) 9, 7, 6, 8, 5, 4, 2, 4 2 successes
    2012-01-27 10:03:49 Mike rolls 7 to Gno + Death to cast Entropic Guard - retry (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 10, 3, 1, 4, 7 2 successes
    2012-01-27 10:03:18 Mike rolls 8 to Gno + Death to cast Entropic Guard 6, 4, 4, 5, 4, 1, 7, 1 failure
    2012-01-27 10:02:57 Mike rolls 8 to Gno + Death to cast Grim Sight (10 Again) 10, 1, 5, 5, 7, 9, 9, 7, 1 3 successes
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Lux

PRE

"Hey! Welcome!" Lux said, sliding out of the booth to greet Mike. Given what had happened last time, she would be glad to have the Arrow around, especially now that they were one man short. It also helped that she knew she could trust the Moros.

"Not sure if you two remember each other, but Jack, this is Mike, and Mike, this is Jack," she continued, pitching her voice lower. "Why don't we get started? Ahriman said he was coming, but it seems he's running late. We can just get him caught up when he gets here."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

PRE

Jack nods to the two Torchbearers. "Good to see you again, Mike," he says with a smile. Then, turning to Lux, he says seriously, "Yes, let's get started:

"That camera belongs in the museum."

Lux

PRE

Lux arched a scarlet eyebrow at the Curator. "Alright. Thank you for saying so, I won't argue with you on that point, but what do we know about the camera? You seem to be somewhat skilled with prime items like that, but I also have some experience in that area, as well as with electronic things, and Mike might be able to shed more light on the whole matter of the camera. Which reminds me, sorry. Mike, the camera we're talking about was in the possession of someone snooping around the leys of the city, someone who might be a Circle hater, but that's about all we know. Or, at least all I know. Have you found out anything else, Jack?"

She hated having to speak in 'code' around sleepers. Why the sandwich shop? Was there something else going on, or was she just being paranoid?

OOC

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

PRE

'Of course I remember Jack.' Mike says with a smile to the Curator. He isn't sure why it is so 'of course', but he simply felt like saying it. 'Good to see you indeed.'

He then quickly tries to understand what the other are talking about, glad that Lux explains. 'Ah I see, well I'm not sure how skilled I am, for that matter, but I have a question. Is something recorded on the camera? And what's our goal? To find the owner?'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

PRE

"Well, we already found the owner and were able to repo it with only minor complications," Jack explains to the Moros. "Hmm, just a sec."

As seemed to be getting more common of late, Jack focused on generating a thin barrier of air that let sound in but not out, focusing it into a box around the booth at which they sat.

Inf. Sound: Pot. 5
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-01 23:04:05 Jack Falley rolls 5 to cast Influence Sound (Gno 3 + Forces 2) (10 Again) 4, 10, 1, 10, 9, 9, 9 5 successes

"There, we can speak freely. Just make sure you step outside the booth if you want to say something to the waiters.

"Anyway, the Seer was sending out a spelled up Sleepwalker reporter to take pictures of the Ley. We don't know what his goal was by doing so, but he was willing to give up on it and whoever he was working with just for the chance to live, which is all I really cared about so that I could go untie the knots in the Ley and finish mapping the lines without fearing too much about someone keeping an eye on them.

"While the camera is interesting in that it supposedly takes physical pictures of magic, I doubt there's anything particularly special beyond that. Combining even two enchantments on a single item is taxing enough, I've read, let alone putting in an entirely separate use. It's otherwise a breach waiting to happen as long as it stays out of our storage facilities and in potential sight of our enemies."

Lux

PRE

Lux nodded, eyes flicking over to the brief spark of supernal motes as Jack casts his spell.

"Well, if you don't wish to look in on the camera further I won't press you, I know the Mysterium will keep it safe, but it might be smart to take a look at it further. Even if it's just your own people. The camera was able to hide it's nature in an odd fashion, from what I remember, so it's probable that it's something more than just a magical-picture-maker.

"Or maybe not, I suppose," she sighed. "The fact that we know so little about this entire affair has me a little on edge. I think we should find out more about Chip and whoever he was working for."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

Mike listens attentively, and has no reason to disagree with something. Yet he isn't sure why he is here. 'Okay, sorry people. But what exactly are we doing? I'm receiving a call you have a lead on a possible anti-Circle group. The camera is the lead? But you're not looking for the owner anymore. So what is the lead then?'

'And... who's Chip?'
    The Moros smiles to his fellow Cabal mate. If he could get a small 'take through' of everything that preceded this, he would be able to think with them on a useful level.
    Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread