Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
Art For You (Open)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"I...don't know anyone by the name of Simon." She looks down at the wadded up sandwich wrapper in front of her, then, "That's my own fault for not making any of the contacts that I should have, particulary within my own...." she paused, catching herself before she said the more accurate word 'court' ".....association."

Taking the slip of paper and noticing that there was a chill around the woman along with a demeanor that was...distant....Juno found herself wondering if she had been too forward, remembering that to Lost eyes she appeared as a somewhat effeminate man with leonine attributes. Maybe her eagerness was off-putting.

Her usual Feline Dignity Observational Mode had been mistaken more than once for typical Fairest arrogance, so she had tried another tack with Autumnfire. The results were still with the jury on that one.

I need to practice more.

Autumnfire just slowly lets her head shake, "I didn't expect you would," she states solemnly. Her inner glow darkens in a way that shadows her seemingly hollow insides. Its reminiscent to a camp fire at scary story time - the way it exaggerates everything around it with the shadows more than the light. "I have reason to believe we served under the same master," she explains, a pang of guilt for serving said master visibly displayed on her face by thin creases that form in the smooth white wood above her eyes.

Autumnfire hardly notices that Juno seems put off with her manner of speaking, her past concerns her far more than the present ever could. Her distant looks saw back to when she rode horses into battle instead of to a lesson.

Battle... She was suppose to do some training after that ridiculous pony party she attended. "Have you ever shot a bow?" Perhaps her new friend was the sporting type! In any case she felt as though she needed a new conversation topic, those curious eyes were peering at her in an odd way and she wasn't sure what it meant. "I have a quite nice one I purchased not too long ago but I haven't had much of a chance to try it out.. My last one was a bit out dated." Her fire becomes distracted by these thoughts and begins to flicker in that warm welcoming way that Juno had seen when first meeting her but her mind was not so easily fooled and teases her. Not as out dated as your first one, it taunts, always finding a way to remind her of what she thought of as flaws.

"No, but I would like to learn."

Removing a pen from a jeans pocket, Juno began to doodle as she talked.

"Do you teach archery?"

Autumnfire seems confused by the statement, she never thought about teaching it for some reason, like normal folk wouldn't be interested in it or something. That couldn't be true, she just bought a new bow from a normal outdoors store from people that didn't have to worry too much about protecting themselves from the supernatural. "No, I actually have never thought about it."

It was starting to feel crowded in this building, it always felt nice outside for her. "Uh, well, I guess I'm going to go. I wanted to get some practice in today." She smiles at him, "you can come if you want, I'll give you the address of a range I like." She texts him an address for a Sacramento archery club.

"Thank you....I can't come along with you though, still have to clean up my work area and turn in my earnings before I can go home or really leave. But now that I have your number and the address, I can call you at a later time? I really enjoyed your company today."

She tilts her head slightly, then, "Feel free to call me too."

Autumnfire nods, she's a little relieved there's no more lessons she had to teach today but now she thinks about going back home by herself and practicing with the humans all around her. Changeling company sure was nice for a chance, no matter though because now, like Juno said, they could call each other. "Alright, thanks for the company," she smiles again, it seems unnatural for wood to curve in such expressive ways but it still has a natural beauty of a woman's face. She stands up and goes over to Juno offering her twig-like hand to him for a farewell handshake.

Juno shakes the hand, then, "It was very enjoyable; perhaps we can do this again."

Her eyes are partially closed in the manner of a fed and content feline.

Autumnfire agrees, "I'll be looking forward to it."

Enough pleasantries though, these walls were confining, she want to get out in the air and the sun. Sure it was the more distanced autumn sun that she preferred but at least it would revitalize her old dry branches a bit. She turns away from Juno and exits the shop, her body swaying in the memorizing way that a flame dances on the tip of a candle and a tree stirs in the wind.

Once outside she takes a deep breath of air and the fire within her sparks and flares like when you blow on burning coals in a grill. It felt so good out here that walking didn't seem like a bad idea at all. She walks for a long time along the sidewalk, enjoying the general outdoors, and finds herself walking on an empty side street she found without trying. A soft breeze knocks a summer leaf from a scrappy little tree growing in by the side of the backstreet she had taken and Autumnfire reaches up with her branch like arms and allows the little green leaf to light softy on a twiggy finger.

Riding the Falling Leaves

Suddenly Autumnfire bursts into a spray of autumn leaves consisting of all the fall colors. Red, orange, yellow, and brown leaves envelop her and she rises into the air on an unseen breeze that carries her home.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread