Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Coffee Social After the Consillium (OPEN)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

The Written in Water Bookstore and Coffeeshop still had a little under an hour left until it closed which was good enough for Toren. He just wanted a quick chat with his fellow Mystagogues, a time to lay down questions that would have otherwise gone unanswered in the confusion of the Consillium. Mr. Rossi( Lone_Ranger ), or The Question as he was known had been kind enough to drive Toren, Demise( Penguin ), and whoever else might have tagged along for the ride. The dwindling crowd of WiW had only the most enthusiastic book & coffee lovers remaining, yet Toren still requested a private room in the back for discretion.

He lingered with Rossi & Demise by the coffee counter as he ordered his mocha latte, all smiles and pleasantry.

OOC

L
    LoneRanger

The tall guy feels considerably at his ease after the Concilium. After parking, he walks to the door, keeping that open for Demise ( Penguin ).

indulge me with these european customs, I'll be there soon; just want to have a cigarette. he takes some moments out to savour the night air and a cigarette.

Entering in the Written in Water, he see the writings, he murmurs:

blimey! there you go! Same ol' trick...

and goes to meet the collegues assorted there.

Toren, my good fellow, I've got the book on Bergamo patron villas; by the way, I've got something to ask you. Do you know a decent place where I could put my stuff? I was wondering that, as you are an architect, you'd have some infos.
    He orders a very strong espresso.

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Demise gives Mr. Rossi a pleasant smile as he holds the door open for her. Once inside she follows Toren's lead and makes her way to the counter ordering herself a coffee. "Mmmm, that's what I needed." She says to no one in particular as she sips her fresh coffee. She adds a little sugar and cream as she waits for the others to get what they ordered.

She had several things she wanted to discuss but knew she should wait till they were in a private room so instead she just takes another sip of her coffee and looks to Toren. "Are we waiting for anyone else?"
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

Miach

PRE

Miach would have liked nothing more than to go and sleep, preferably in that order. Yet, this Consilium had convinced him that he was missing too much cards to grasp the situation and keep safe. He had heard his fellow Mystagogues intended to go at WiW after the meeting, and he quickly joined them after exiting the campus.

When he entered the coffeeshop, no one was in sight, but Miach knew in which private booth they would have gone. He quickly ordered an extra sweet hot chocolate, and checked with the waitress about the room. He had guessed right, and hardly waited for an answer to push the door open and enter to meet Toren, The Question, and Demise.

Hiya, sorry we couldn't chat before, but here I am now, if you don't mind ?

In reply to Question's Question he says, "Ah, we can talk about that later, let's find a place to chat."

After Toren, Demise, and Question had assembled with their coffees the would make their way to the private room, finding comfort in its silent enclosure with plush antique chairs and a coffee-table between them. Toren sat at the end of the table, setting his latte down after having gulped through a third of it already.

"Ah, thanks Question and Demise for coming out with me. I'm glad we'll have a chance to..." he stops and looks up as Miach enters through the door suddenly. Toren stands and greets him, "Hey there Miach, welcome, that business of yours didn't take long I see. Huzzah! Right, let's get comfy," and sits back down.

"As I was about to say, glad we could have a chance to talk things over about the Consillium. This was my first, like my very first, like ever, Consillium. I've heard things about it in the past but seeing it first hand is a lot more educational obviously. So I guess the first thing I'd like to ask is whether anyone else here has had previous Consillium experiences and what those were like?"

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi nods thankfully to Toren adding it would be great, and he spots the red haired collegue entering.
    you want a cappuccino, right?
    He follows through the rest of the assemble mystae, after paying for all, and takes a sit; before talking, he passes to the architect the volume mentioned earlier:

Uhm; I'd agree with what you said, Toren. It was educational. Definitely.

Actually, as I am a foreigner, I'll point out there are a lot of differences between the council I come from and here. Let's say I had lot of hearsay and I was not allowed in, being classified a simple apprentice;

Tho, the Tribunal is ruled in a manner which fits the assembled will of the Diamond Councillors(and their supporting cabals), with the Diamond Hierarch being the spokeman of it(and its cabal). So, everyone is really attetive there.

So there are pre meetings, which are subtle jokeying about what position a certain, specific mage should get (hence what resources are afforded to him).

And then the meeting has some sort of pre set schedule, and everyone is informed of the schedule. You just receive a letter. I heard mages inform the Council , via the Herald about their wish to speak, who arranges the order of speech.

Regarding elections, I heard in Milan always present at least two or more candidates. One candidate would be too bad.

The better of the loser (and his supporting cabal) receive a certain, lesser amount of resources and so on; all is estabilished in a manual, so there is no way non elected can complain too much.

I supposed something like that could happen, but political apathy mmmm....

I think, remaining impassible Well there are a lot of possible fuck up, but when you are in a territory filled up with Seers of the Throne...And Free Council Councillors...

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded in thanks at the offer of a cappuccino. Extra Sweet, please.

He listened politely to The Question, nodding here and there.
    Well... first time ever in a Consilium too, and I can't say I liked it. I can't say I didn't, either. Really, I didn't know what it would be like, and can't compare. Anyone who wanted to speak managed to, and that's a plus, in my book. Now, it was no smooth ride, that's for sure... Well...

I sure wouldn't tolerate such a mess in my ER, but eh, lives were not at stake... or were they...
    Mentions of Seers and the like popped in the Enchanter's mind, and he frowned slightly.

Toren accepts the book from Question, fingering it temptingly before setting it down on the coffee-table next to his latte. He puts a finger to his chin as he considers Question and Miach's comments. "It sounds like the European Mages have a solid system in place, Question, though that almost seems too organized. Not enough freedoms, but that's just my opinion from just hearing it. Miach I think you're right on the money, it was a very free-form format of discussion. Something like that would makes it easy to expose ideas to the society at large and allows for instant feedback. Those with the courage and good ideas naturally influence the proceedings. Unfortunately not all awakened have both those qualities..."

He reaches for his latte and sips at it for a moment before looking over to Demise ( Penguin ). "What about you, Demise, is this your first Consillium? What did you think of it?"

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Demise listens with great interest as Mr. Rossi explains about his previous Consillium. Having never been to one herself it was an interesting chance to learn and compare what she had just witnessed. "I have to admit this is my first Consillium as well." She adds before taking a sip of her drink. "But it was very enlightening. And I certainly enjoyed the free form style of it."

Putting her drink down "It was a little chaotic at times but overall I think it was effective for spreading information that we all need to know."
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

L
    LoneRanger

The Question sits down confortably. even if very composed, he sits down confortably. He sort of smiles.
    The presence of a person who understand what he is trying to convey indeed relax him a lot, so he nods at Toren. He thinks:

Italy and solid system are... just oximoron... Are we German? and he grins...

He looks with interested eyes at the various speaking Mystagogues. So much to explore; How tradition can be conjugated with courage and good ideas. Actually he would like to immerse in the details of this particular Council. What about the previous Councilis of Sacramento; why not compare them with California one?!?
    Really fellow creators the creator seeks, not followers, not herds, not believers.

Please, consider me your host, I am a foreigner after all. I'd realy like to hear and to see where this lead.
    A most excellent idea, Toren.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread