Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Down in a Hole) Roxie Redux

Page 3 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    I
    Irina

Adam glanced at Dr. Swift. He liked that they were asking questions, it suggested from the outset that they actually had an interest in helping out and it made the Daeva feel quite good about the future of this second attempt.

Goodness, I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

"Regent Hart is the one who provided us with the security footage, so I would assume the camera belongs to her. I would tend to agree they don't appear to realise it's there," he nodded toward Susan at that.

His dark gaze turned on José, and the Daeva shook his head gently. "At this venture we have no idea if the police are even aware that a crime was committed on the property; or indeed if anyone at all has had a chance to contaminate the crime scene." Adam paused, allowing them time to consider other possibilites before continuing, his voice soft.

"This is what we do know. The people killed and taken were members of Regent Hart's Herd. The crime was committed six days ago, within an incredibly short span of time. We have surveillance footage, and can try to track the van these men left in. The last time we were here-," he gestured to Susan and himself. "A vagrant outside overheard the group talking and was able to determine it was payback. From the description we discovered Jillian Malloy is involved. At this stage we assume the attack of the Herd was payback for something she did."

Swift listens and nods. "That could explain the audio on the footage. Are we assuming these men were proxies? If so, they are as you," Swift inclines his head to Susan, "pointed out, sloppy, even for thugs. Does anyone have the connections needed to run the plates on the van? Or is that how you figure Malloy is involved? If no one else, than perhaps Regent Hart could find that information."

Swift pauses to consider, "Does this strike anyone else as too sloppy? If this is a Kindred's vengeance then you'd think they'd know about or suspect the extra security. And at the very least they would remove the plates or have proper goons. Maybe they're hoping we'll go after the thugs and leave it at that." Swift shrugs, "Something just doesn't feel quite right."

"Did anyone get the chance to examine the area psychically? Not one of my talents, but if someone can it might help? I know the site is old, but it might be worth a shot."

m
    mabafu

Who is leading this?

José notices that the group seems kind lost.

"My two cents are that we are too many to enter an apartment without arousing suspicion..."

... and also that I'm kinda hungry to enter that bloody apartment... I don't wanna be the next frenzied guy ... José thinks

"Mr. York, Susan... who is in charge here?"

Jim listened carefully as Adam spoke, then noticed Jose's excellent question. James Calloway appreciated order in operations that could potentially be dangerous. "A wise question, my friend." He looked to Adam and Susan. "We would be well-served to know who will be leading us when we go to work, whatever that work might look like."

He zipped his lips and quietly waited as the others considered Jose's inquiry.

Dr. Swift quirks and eyebrow at the question, but does not say anything. He glances quickly at Susan then at Adam. Is it not obvious? We are the new ones, and Susan differed to him, so he is in charge. For now anyway. Why is it that men must ask these questions and wolves always know instinctively?

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Susan crossed her arms across her chest as she listened to the others speak. Personally she was far more concerned with getting things done then worrying about who was going to lead the group. Still it seemed as if part of the group was worried about this trivial matter. "If you want someone to lead then look to Adam." she says with a shrug.

"No Dr. Swift we haven't had a chance to run the plates yet, I hope we may be able to find someone who could help with that after we investigate the scene." She says as she looks to Swift.
    Susan Vera: Gangrel/Circle of Crone -- Status (Circle of Crone) *,Blood potency 1, Presence 2 (Cocky),

Roxie redux- Vitae 4/10, Willpower 5/5, Aspect of the predator

Jim smiled at them, having moved past Jose's question and into the meat of the matter. "It turns out, my friends, that convincing people to do things for me is somewhat of a speciality of mine. Unless one of you has friends within the police or the DMV, perhaps I might be able to persuade someone. Oftentimes, insurance companies and brokers have the ability to run a plate too, to see if the plate number is available for assignment. A little bribe and the right words... I think I may be able to get it done quietly."

James Calloway did not seem over-confident. He spoke with the calm authority of a man who had done things like this before and could take care of it.

I
    Irina

Adam inclined his head in Susan's direction, and a slight smile passed across his charming features. "Thank you." He looked to each of the other Kindred in turn.

The Daeva did not necessarily see where the confuson had arisen, but perhaps things were done differently where Jose came from. So far the questions, for the most part, had made sense and the information the newcomers needed was being given in as concise a way as possible.

"We should allow a few minutes to observe the building before we enter, in order to determine if there is a danger to us ahead of time." Such dangers could pose many forms, from cops hanging around the area to more of Roxie's enemies.

"Once we're there..." Adam studied each of them in turn. "Mr. Matias, if you would keep watch outside to ensure no one follows us in? Once we gain entry to the building, we need to prepare ourselves for what happened to Mr. Drake to occur again. If that should happen, our priority is to uphold the First."

OOC

m
    mabafu

José watches the overall reactions about his question.

Jim liked it... Swift showed some indifference towards it... Susan hated it... and Adam's ego seems to have loved it...

I'm sorry about Susan, maybe I might had upset her ... but that kind of question is often very useful in situations like this one...
    Being myself a 'new kid on the block' I want to be sure about my responsabilities and, above all, my exact share of success, or failure, on this.
    A mission to please a regent to whom I was not even introduced yet...

When Calloway speaks about his talents José wonders why the plates were not investigated yet Damn... six days ...

"I don't want to begin an issue here... I was just trying to figure out how we're going to do this..."

The Brazilian says to all presents, then directing himself to Adam.

"I'm actually getting used to security jobs. I can do that and..." turning to Susan "... if I notice something unusual I'll ring your number once, Susan."

OOC: Posting order suggestion

Dr. Swift nods and addresses Adam. "My primary strengths lie in knowledge and analysis and they are at your disposal." He glances back toward the direction of the building. "I am ready to proceed. If I have any further questions I will let you know." Dr. Swift then turns all of his attention toward situational awareness, looking for anything that may prove useful as well as any signs of immediate danger to them or the masquerade.

Dice

Page 3 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.