Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch a Tiger by the toe...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ebon Reaper Seryna
    This is a CLOSED scene, only enter if you have been mentioned or a ST okays it (please)

Curious as to what the two young vampires he knew wanted to discuss with him, Lance suggested Club Ember's VIP room. It was a place where he could ensure the privacy needed to discuss Kindred topics without being overheard by the Kine and if Alice was going to give him a pass to a place where only women stripped 28 days out of the month, he might as well use it for meetings. He stands outside the private room reserved for the meeting, waiting for the pair to arrive.

-1 Vitae for Blush

appearance
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Hispanic Ventrue arrives before his companion. Like Lance, Ricardo is dressed down. He is sporting his usual leather jacket and blue jeans. If anyone looks at him funny as he makes his way to the VIP section, the Mexican Lord doesn't care. He has business to discuss. It doesn't take him long to find Lance. Most guys were staring at the admittedly good entertainment. "Good evening Mr. Rayner. How are you doing tonight?" The Hispanic Ventrue asks conversationally.

Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer arrives soon after her coterie mate. She wore a dress of layers of brown lace; a matching gauzy brown scarf artfully tied about her neck and pinned in place. Her brown hair was swept upwards in a coif; pinned in place with a pair of hair sticks that Lance would recognize as his gift to her.
    Picture

Picture

"Good evening, gentlemen." She greeted as she takes a seat across from Mr. Raynor.
    "I trust that you have been well since we last spoke?"

She glances towards Mr. Raynor for a bear; before glancing about instinctively to see if any one was observing them. Likely not; with the entertainment.

-1 Vitae for Blush

"I'm curious, of course," Lance replies with a wry grin and a nod of recognition. He gives Jennifer a courtly bow as she arrives, noting the gift she is wearing. "A true gentleman would never complain. Truthfully I have little to complain about." He gestures to the room behind him, motioning for the two to enter before him so he can close the door. "I've spoken with the management, this room is private enough so we can discuss things openly."

He takes a seat after his guests do so and watches them both calmly. "So what can I do for the two of you? Did you need help with a project of some sort?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

E
    Ebon Reaper

As usual, it seemed that Lance wanted to skip that small talk and move to the business at hand. "Actually, we came to make you an offer." The Mexican Lord gives Lance a 'just hear me out look.' He knew how bad that sounded from a Ventrue. "My coterie mate and I have been looking for another member ever since we parted ways with our last one. We wanted someone who is both ambitious and competent." Without the ambition, a Kindred would never advance. Without competence, a Kindred would hurt himself and others. "You have proved to be both on more than one occasion. Plus, we all get along. If you are interested in joining Los Tigres, we would be glad to have you."

Well Lance hadn't expected that.

He was silent as he thought through the implications of the offer, looking from one Vampire to the other. Considering, weighing what he knew about them and what they did. Silently measuring his beast against Ricardo's, resembling that invisible tension that flares up when you meet someone's eyes from across the club and you both want the same thing.

He looks to Jennifer and raises an eyebrow, silently giving her the floor. She was her own woman, Lance wanted to know if she had anything else to add to Ricardo's offer or if he spoke for them both.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listened as Ricardo deftly explained what Los Tigres had decided upon. She adds a nod of agreement as she notes Deputy Raynor's eyes move to her as Ricardo completes his statement.

"Yes, that is what we would like to discuss. This offer is not hinging on any expectations that we'd put upon you; Los Tigres agrees that you've done quite well for yourself under your own ambitions."

Jennifer meets the Deputy's eyes.
    "If you want to ask us what our goals are; and share your own, now would be a perfect time for us to discuss whats on our mind."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Lance listens to Jennifer statement. He leans back in his chair and regards the pair calmly for a little longer before answering. "Deputy, Notary, I'm honored by the offer."

The 'but' hangs in the air at the end of the sentence, filling the silence.

"But, does anyone in the Invictus know you were planning to offer me this?"

Jennifer Hazelton

OOC

Ricardo replied:
    "No, Mr. Rayner, we have not told anyone in the First Estate yet. However, since Reeve Greyson already appointed you Deputy, it would appear that some other members of the Invictus also have a high opinion of you."

Lance nods in understanding. "In an Invictus Domain, there is a world of difference between a Reeve employing a someone that has shown his competency as a Deputy for the Domain at large and the two rising stars of the Invictus publicly allying themselves with the leadership of the diametrically opposed Covenant." He looks them both in the eyes to make sure they understand what he is and isn't saying.

The Invictus is the Juggernaut of the Domain. Not only does fully a quarter of the Domain claim membership, but it's the most powerful quarter of the Domain. He's terrified of his Priscus. It isn't even just the fear kindled by their Beasts clashing, no he's seen what she can do to people that offend her. Like that one Mister Drag in court last October. And she rules the Invictus. If Lance became a source of embarrassment to her Covenant, would he even last the night?

And that's if the Prince didn't simply call blood hunt to set the whole city on him as an example to others, that seemed to be the local tradition for Prefects that didn't watch what they did here. He suspected that his position as Deputy would be revoked by the Reeve, not to mention the Feeding Rights and Favor attached to the position, as well.

Perhaps he was being pessimistic, but he somehow doubted that Ricardo and Jennifer would be punished as harshly by the powers that be. At least not publicly. And that would be little consolation for Lance if he was cast out to the barrens or ashed.

Lance waits as all this runs through his head, hoping that they're willing to consider his unspoken position. "But perhaps I am being over sensitive to the politics of the situation. I would however feel more comfortable if you spoke with someone you trusted about any repercussions that might result from an alliance such as this before accepting."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.