Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
12th annual YMCA Winter Gala

Page 5 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri chuckled. "Starting up a business is easy, its keeping it going that's hard." And she should know. In the first year, she lost more money than she made and really only had a handful of big orders to keep her afloat. She really had to respect anyone who could make a business a success.

Although sticking to what I know best would be a good start, she thought with good humour. And then she had a good idea, one that stemmed from her nature.

"Hmmm, I wonder if its too late to give something to auction?" she thought out loud. "I've got some one-off dresses that need a good home."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

"I wouldn't think it'd be too late," Regina replies after a moment of thought. The sweet and thoughtful nature of her new friend made her smile. "Surely a charity auction would be happy to accept any donations, even if they are coming later than most. Of course, Otto could likely answer you better than me."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

I
    Irina

Anya watched as Otto moved quickly from the conversation to speak to the Winter Queen, and a slender eyebrow arched in bemusement.

"What a curiously rude man,"
    Anya murmured, in the manner of one making a quick observation but not caring particularly about it. She shrugged, and pulled her attention back to Spartan again.

"Everyone is different, I suppose I'm just more used to crowds."
    A smile flickered secretively across her lips, but was quickly pulled away. "I find the fastest way to get over something is to face it head on."

Juno showed up. It was the least she could do for a fellow Courtier.

Strengthing her Mask aside, she was wearing men's clothing - a straw boater hat, somewhat oversized fake racoon skin coat, and what appeared to be an old letterman's athletic sweater worn over a white button down shirt (with bowtie) and a pair of pleated tan pants. In the crook of one arm she was carrying a small cane with a YALE pennant attached to it. In short, a classic Roaring Twenties Joe College had put in an appearance this evening.

Carefully speaking the magic words of 'Chicago Typewriter' to the security, she handed her coat over to the check counter and made her donation to the event.

That much done, she looked around to see what she could get into first. Juno wasn't a gambler, but she could drink.

OOC

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

The Sun Banisher frowns slightly as the drink is shoved into his hand, but remains silent as he watches the otter's every move. On the other hand, the Winter Queen offers the Beast a charming smile.

"So far, so good," she says to him. "Thanks for the drink Otto, you make quite the gracious host, yes?"
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

K
    Kazakin

Danny was dressed awkwardly, because the 20s held no meaning for him. So he'd ended up in a sort of oddly mismatched late 1800s bowler hat with what was probably more appropriate for the 40s. The cane clutched protectively in his long fingers was probably the most period apt thing there, and that of course, had been made by the Wizened in the grand old present.

He looked eagerly around at the gambling and drinking. The music flooding the place just helped. This looked fun!

The Smith muttered 'Chicago typewriter' at the doorman and pattered towards the gambling areas. He didn't have much cash, but it was all for a good cause, so he figured he might as well try his luck.

K
    Kazakin

"Let's just say he has insurance," Rook said pleasantly. "I couldn't say about waivers; I've never boxed there when it's open to the public." Of course, the Constable couldn't. His broken mein made that impossible. If the sunglasses came off, every mortal present would see straight to what was underneath. The fractured, shuttered eyes of a chesspiece.

"Which is my ah, technique, by the way. I prefer to work with my hands. What about you?"
    It was pretty obvious from the Metalflesh's physique that he must've been a staggeringly strong punch to face off against.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Same, Actually." There's a touch of surprise in her voice, but also respect. "Well, I used to know bits and pieces of other techniques, but... Time, you know? Parts of you seem to wash away."

She looks reflectively off at the crowd, thinking of what Arcadia had taken from her. She remembered thinking quicker, more varied fighting skills, she hadn't picked up a basketball since she came back, maybe she should?

"It's strange, figuring out what you want to fight to regain, and what other paths you want to push yourself towards, ya know?"

S
    Spartan

"If Otto were food or drink i would say he is an acquired taste." Spartan say with a nod to Anya.

"And that is why I am here. To face a challange. My experience with Crowds is much different. but that is a conversation for another place. Perhaps the Party at the Forge. You will be joining us yes?"
    Spartan asked.

B
    Beej

@ Katrin

"Can she ever string more than a few sentences without ending with a question?" Otto muses to himself.

The Beast smiles at the Treasured. "I'm all about spreading the social lubricant about. Helps let the hair out and get the hooves tapping. 'Sides most of time there's a get together, its some dire mess or pomp and circumstance." Otto's eyes twinkle with mischief. "A party like this, people might actually stop mopping and make mistakes they're regret the next morning."

Page 5 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.