Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
12th annual YMCA Winter Gala

Page 9 of 13 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Regina frowns slightly. He was looking into a gang? That didn't sound safe at all. Hopefully he wasn't doing that alone.

"If you need help with that, just let me know. I'm pretty good at convincing someone to talk, and I'm decent at being sneaky," she offers, her worry carrying over into her voice. She is surprised by how nonchalant he sounds about the dangerous situation he could be walking into.
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

PRE

"Its the same project we talked about at the Winter Coronation." Rust sounds confused. He thought she had offered to help then. "Yeah. I can use any help I can get."

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

"Oh, good. I never turn down refreshments, so it's good to hear they're well prepared," nMary replies, her eyes briefly taking in the bar area. "I work at the Forge now, tending bar. It's been great so far."

Having answered the questions of the present, she can't help but look with some concern at the near future Rust just indicated. Her features shift to obvious concern at his mention of gang investigation, and she quietly tells him, "I can help with sneaking and talking, too. It sounds like it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone to help you out along, as well." In the natural course of adding lighter motes to the conversation, she voices her reservations, "Just don't ask me to do anything athletic."

"I thought it was Enzo or the Ear you were dealing with," Regina comments softly, a little confused. "Are you saying the gang is connected?"

Just what they need, a bunch of humans meddling in changeling affairs.

Regina gently touches Mary's shoulder. "I'm sure you'd do fine. Don't sell yourself short." She gives the woman an encouraging smile, although she does appreciate Mary's attempt to lighten the mood.
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Of course," Terri replied, grinning to Katrin. It mant she wouldn't lose as much money with the extra dresses she was still needing to off-load. When Danny joins them, Terri nods her head to the Wizened. "Hi, Danny, hope you're well?"

As Otto takes a seat and offers them a game, Terri follows suit and takes a seat also. "I'm game," she replies.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare blinks at his answer, at first surprised, and then crossing her arms with an huff. She was tempted, for just a bit, to ask him how he'd react if he found one of his children beating up a clearly poorly matched opponent for a hundred, and then when they saw the police they ran, instead of facing the consequences. Though just as quickly as the temptation flares up, she puts the question aside for some other time when she knows the man better. "Definitely lucky. Hmm, How long have you been in Sacramento?"

There, that was a smaller question. Clare suspected that she'd think of bigger questions first for a while, she was never that great at asking the right things, proof of that was the muddled conversation that resulted in her durance.

B
    Beej

@ Terri, Katrin, Danny and Harvey

"No drawing, play what you get." the Beast says as he slowly deals out face down cards to Danny, Katrin, Terri and himself. He wanted to deal to Harvey but he knew Katrin's hound just didn't have enough sport in him. "The worst hand owes the best hand one favor for a period of one month and one day." He explains as he flicks out the face up cards. Such a wager to mortal ears would sound rather odd but innocuous. To Lost ears, its a magical contract. "Just a favor is all." Otto coos.

OOC - Making a gambling check: Gambling = Intelligence + Composure;
    player with most successes wins, player with least successes looses.

S
    Spartan

"I have been taking a break on one of those activities. Which gives me only time for the others." Spartan says not wanting to talk anymore about Faith or that girl from Rick's batcholar party... what was her name again?

"Are you still alright with your work at the Forge Anya?" Spartan asked wondering as to what the woman thought of the work now that she was actually doing it.

K
    Kazakin

"I don't think you understood me," Danny said, forcing himself to be a little more assertive. His long fingers flexed uncomfortably. This stranger was trying to force him into pledging? Over a game of cards? No, no. He wasn't going to be beholden to some random (and extremely creepy) guy.

"I'll play for money. But I'm not playing for.. for favours. I don't even know you. And you're being really creepy. Not really adding up to 'I want to give my word for something so crazily open ended'." the Wizened said, his voice fairly firm. Behind his hardened mask, he could feel his short fangs jagging into the inside of his cheek.

I hope I didn't just ruin my welcome from nice people, but... who does that? For all I know, he'll ask me to eat a baby or something as his 'favour', and anyone that confident is sure as sure, sure to be rigging the deck to win!

K
    Kazakin

"It must be nine months or so, now. I arrived not that long before summer. It's almost strange how much happened in that time. I made friends here, got a stable job at the Four Seasons, playing the piano. Settled down. I'd been moving around a lot before, following work," Rook said thoughtfully, listening to the other music around him. He noticed her movement in response to his previous answer though, and his brow furrowed, trying to understand. It seemed a strange response, but he was an Elemental, and sometimes things that didn't make sense to a chesspiece went straight over his head.

Reading Clare, 2 successes- if she'd like to resist the read, roll, if not let me know. :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-28 04:56:29 Rook rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy 4, 9, 6, 9 2 successes

Page 9 of 13 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.