Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Hungry Friday

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

"Betony Rue Jasons," says the witchtooth after placing the stew on the 'counter. Then from the bag comes paper bowls, assorted plastic utensils, and a package of napkins. She had apparently had had little faith such things would be avalible.

"It starts the minute you've got a drink in your hand." Grobbler answers before jabbing a stick into the fire. He pokes at the hotstone, peeling off a singed egg and clumsily drawing the greasy mess onto a crumbly slice of WonderBread.

"Everyone calls me Grobbler. Grab a seat." He insists, pleased that someone remembered plates and cutlery.

"Excellent!" Gristlefist shouted, before he used the edge of the table to open the bottle. He grabbed a piece of steak and threw it on the hotstone as he sat down.
    He stared a bit in the fire, taking a sip of beer now and then. "Are we the only Ogres in the Freehold? I mean, I know about another, but that'd be only 4.."

Betony Rue was personally glad there were so few, at least so far. It was much less likely to get rowdy. She was a bit concerned at being the only female present.
    She poured herself a bowl of stew and sat down before practically drinking it down.

"I mean I know another guy, but he's probably gonna be a little late. There are probably some others around but not so active or whatever."
    Grobbler takes a big sloppy bite of his eggy bread and gulps an inch of Hurricane to wash it down.

"So, I guess you guys know how Hungry Friday works right? Everyone at the Freehold kept asking why we were holding it on a Wednesday, and I was like, 'you clearly don't know shit'. And they were like, 'whaaat, I'm ignorant.'"

OK, now as the narrator of this post I'm starting to wonder what the fuck he's talking about.

Gristlefist laughs a deep, loud laugh when Grobbler does his impression of the 'ignorant' Changelings and takes a few gulps out of his bottle - it was now nearly empty. His voice still sounding amused he spoke. "Honestly, I don't know about it, either. But drinking and eating while socializing can't be bad, can it?"

"Oh... hm..." Grobbler thinks for a minute about how to describe the celebration.

"We always had Hungry Friday in Montana, never really on a specific day or anything and it was just me and my buddy Murph. The only rule is that you can't have it on a Friday and the whole thing is like a big fuck you to the Gentry." Grobbler begins struggling to pull the particulars out of his mind.

"So, the first step is that you've got to invite your Keeper."

Gristlefist just lead his bottle to his mouth to finish it off as Grobbler talked about inviting one's Keeper. The bottle remained perfectly still somewhere in between the distance and he glanced at Grobbler to see if he was joking. His gaze remained on the purple Ogre as he emptied the bottle and then after a moment Gristlefist spoke - his voice wasn't as party-like as it has been two minutes prior, though. "Are you serious?"

"Er but, oh, wait no. See, they can't come though. That's why we do the whole day thing, that's the whole point. If you invite your Keeper, then they can only show up on Friday. But if you don't invite them, they might show up on the right day instead. Um, that is bad... But I mean, you don't talk to her, that would be crazy, it's like ceremonial or something, or like, a metaphor? So we have to party tonight, and then she comes here long after we've left. But then when you're done, you're supposed to leave a present for them. Sometimes it's gross stuff we didn't eat, or like a birthday card you write F U on, or one time Murph shat in a box." Grobbler scrambles trying to explain himself.

Through Grobbler's explanation Gristlefist's gaze became more and more friendly, until he laughed again at the end. "I see - he shat into a box?!" He laughed again loudly and looked at his empty bottle for a moment, stood up and got himself a new one, which he opened at the edge of the table.

After taking a big gulp he used a stick to turn his steak around. "So, show me how it's done."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread