Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dr. Greenthumb

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Shortly after leaving the Four Seasons, Harvey leads Regina and Magnus to his car in the hotel's parking lot. It is a nice dark blue Chrysler, with slightly tinted windows. Once there, he opens the passenger door for the Woodblood and mutters some half-assed apology to the Brewer for making him ride in the back. Once they are all inside the car, it doesn't take long for the Sun Banisher to get them out of there, and on their way to meet with the dealer.

Harvey's Car

It takes them about twenty minutes to get to the location that Regina's contact had provided. Once there, the trio of investigators quickly comes to the realization that they are not in one of the nicer areas of town. After all, South Sacramento isn't known for its clean and safe streets. There's an old beat up Oldsmobile 442 parked in the gravel driveway of the house.

As they pull up, Harvey kills off the engine as they park across the street. "This is it," he says to Regina and Magnus. "Let's be sure we are all on the same page. We are posing as buyers, correct?"

"Yes, definitely buyers," Regina replied with a nod. She dug in her purse for a moment, pulling out a small wad of twenties. Even if the dealer wasn't impressed by a pretty face, he would be by money. "And I think I have enough here to catch his interest. Even if he is a little nervous with three of us, he'll likely be too greedy to pass up a sale when he can easily see the cash."

She paused, looking at the gun in her purse. "Should I leave my gun in the car? He shouldn't be able to see it in my purse, but I don't want to spook him if he decides to take a look and sees it."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

As they head out to the car Magnus simply shrugs when Harvey assigns him a backseat. The shrug is both completely without meaning and says "Well, of course, how else would it go? Don't even worry about apologizing." He climbs into the back seat and settles himself in, his small stature making it not in the least bit uncomfortable.

When the park he glances around the area and grunts a sort of resigned sound that acknowledges the inevitability of their surroundings. He nods to Regina's answer and glances at Harvey for his answer about the gun. He asks a brief question. "Me?"

Harvey considers Regina's words for a moment, stroking his chin as he thinks about the situation. "Well, he may get spooked by having all three of us show up like this, but I think the money should easily take care of that," he says in agreement with the Woodblood. "I don't know about leaving your gun behind though." The Sun Banisher pauses for a moment as he glances towards the dealer's house. "I'm bringing mine with me."

He then turns over his shoulder towards Magnus. "You? What about you?" he asks raising an eyebrow. "As far as I'm concerned, you are coming with us." There's a brief silent pause. "Unless...you've got any other ideas..."

Magnus nods, "Just checking." He scowls momentarily. "No gun." As he says this he produces his Bowie knife briefly then stows it back inside a pocket. He unbuckles his seat belt and makes ready to follow the others.

Regina thought for a moment as she stared at her gun, weighing the pros and cons. If the dealer checked them out and found weapons, he could get hostile. Of course, he could get hostile anyway, in which case she would need the gun.

"While I'm sure you'd be able to protect me, I think I'll bring mine in, just in case," Regina replied, tucking her cash into her back pocket. She didn't need to reach into her purse for the money and accidentally flash the gun in front of the dealer. "I'm ready."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

Harvey nods at both of them and then looks at Regina and says, "better to be safe than sorry. Being prepared, that's Winter's way." He offers her a quick wink and then steps out of the car. Once everyone is out of the car, the Sun Banisher makes sure to lock it up before they head across the street.

As they are walking towards the house, he turns to Regina. "You are doing all the talking," he says to her. "After all, you are the one with the contact, and he's probably more likely to listen to the pretty girl." A smirk forms on the corner of his lips for a brief moment, before the serious expression returns to Harvey's face.

Once they reach the front door, the Sun Banisher knocks on it three times, loud enough for anyone inside to hear. He then moves to the side, allowing the Woodblood to take lead on this thing. After a couple of minutes and a lot of barking, the group can hear someone approach the door and unlock at least three different locks on it before opening it. Once the door opens, there stands in front of them a large man holding onto the door with one hand and to his dog's collar with the other. The man doesn't seem particularly amused to see the group, unsure of who any of them are. The dog, which is a Doberman, starts barking loudly once again.

"Who da fuck are you? And what da fuck do y'all want?" calls out the man.

Delroy

Dog

Regina smiled when Harvey winked at her, glad that he approved of her caution. While the look of the area didn't bother her too much, she did understand it wasn't a neighborhood one went around in unarmed.

She nodded at Harvey when he gave the instructions. "I can talk and even bat my eyes if needed," She assured him, waiting patiently as he knocked.

When the guy answered the door, dog in hand, Regina had to admit his manner could use a little work. Who talked to prospective customers in such a harsh tone? Of course, the drug business was a little different from forging documents.

"I'd like to be a customer," she replied in a friendly voice, glancing at the dog before looking back at the man. She had a love/hate relationship with canines. They were oftentimes cute and friendly, but they had a bad habit of digging up flowerbeds, ruining all her hard work. "These are my friends."

She gave the dealer a teasing smile as she stepped a little closer to him. Not so close as to be threatening, but close enough to make sure she had his attention. She wanted him to focus on her and not the two winter courtiers. A part of her wished she had dressed to show a little more skin. While her shirt was a low v-neck, she wasn't showing much else.

"I'm looking for something very special, and Chris said you had some." She pulled the cash out of her back pocket, discretely showing it too him. She kept her tone light, playful, and friendly. "Please don't tell me we're going to have to do this out here in the open. I haven't been caught yet, and I would hate to ruin my record."

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-20 21:17:28 Regina rolls 8 to Let us in? (Manipulation + Persuasion+ 1 for SL) 2, 7, 9, 9, 3, 4, 8, 3 3 successes
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

Magnus follows Regina silently, standing half a step behind her at the door. He seems content to follow the woodblood's lead - for now.

There's a moment of silence as the man stares at them, even his dogs stops barking. He looks around to make sure that no one else is listening in to their conversation. "Chris? Hmmm," he says as he looks at them with some suspicion. "Ohh, Chris! Aight, well why didn't you say so to begin with?" He steps to the side, pulling his dog with him.

fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-23 08:58:52 Delory rolls 4 to resist manipulation attempt (10 Again) 5, 4, 1, 2 failure

"Come on in," he says to them. "If we are gonna talk business, better do it inside." With those words he gestures for them to come inside, and waits until they have all made it in to close the door and lock it back up. The inside of the house is not much better than the outside, even though the walls don't have any graffiti on them, the place is quite messy and it has an overwhelming smell of marijuana smoke all around.

Delroy walks over to the couch and sits down, still holding on to the leash on his dog. The table in front of him has a scale and a bunch of bags of different sizes, along with an ashtray with several roaches and cigarette butts. "So what can I do you for?" he asks, directing his question at Regina, not paying much attention to the men with her. After all, pretty girls always get all the attention.

Meanwhile, Harvey is doing a quick scan of the room as subtly as he can. He keeps quiet and tries to look as inconspicuous as possible, while staying ready for any trouble that may arise.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread