Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

OOC

Four unhooks his jacket from the back of the chair and shows her the logo. "Our jobs all being emergency oriented."

Miach

PRE

Why, thanks. I like its feel, yes.

But you know, working in the Level 1 trauma center must be quite the challenge too ! I'm sure people are glad that you're here to patch them up, no matter how bas their condition when they come up to you. Now, would you believe me if I told you I'd only been here a couple of months myself... Parallel paths... funny.

So parallel it's even strange... Miach felt sorry his abilities in the Fate Arcanum were so poor, but decided it was worth checking if no one had tampered with him. Just in case. He resumed their conversation, glad to have met them regardless. It was so much more normal, and so very nice, to share something with someone, and have no fear of disclosing things best left hidden.

Why yes, you're right Four. Perhpas this city needed ER and EMT, and called to us ? Eh...

The Acanthus shrugged, dismissing the idea as nonsensical. Cities couldn't have sentience, could they ?

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding her head, “Have you worked for them long?” she didn’t remember seeing him, though she was hard to pin down at work sometimes. She made a note to keep an eye out for him.

Smiling, "Thank you! I enjoy the challenge of not knowing what is going to come in, that, and I like to stay busy. Though I am starting to think I spend too much time at work, I ended up bringing work to the bookstore, and spent the whole night working.” She laughs and shakes her head, yup, was time to focus on life and not work. She arches an eyebrow, “Really? Where did you move here from?” looking to Four, she wondered if he was from the area, “How about you Four, are you from the area?” she had meet more people who moved here then who were from here lately, interesting. When Miach mentions parallel paths, she can only smile, “Could be parallel paths, Fate works in mysterious ways sometimes. Maybe we were all supposed to be here.”
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Since July" He shrugs and smiles. "I'm surprisingly good at not being noticed much when there's more important things to worry about. And I only stumbled into the WiW... this November? So even if you had seen me you might not have made the connection. And as for where I'm from? New Jersey, originally."

Actually, Four was feeling surprisingly comfortable with these two. He was enjoying the conversation, and they both seemed active. "Gotta say, when I was choosing where to move to, I just point at a map and decided to go to the city closest to my finger. So even though Fate isn't my purview, exactly, it seems like it certainly guided me there."

Miach

PRE

The chat was very enjoyable. Both the giant and the woman very nice people, kind at heart, and Miach could feel comfort oozing from them. He felt less and less on guard with them. He felt like he could let it down, and it did him a lot of good.

I've come from L.A., where I couldn't live anymore. Too many sad memories... And Fate brought me here, really, cause I was advised to move here by the bookworms from L.A. If I've been guided to meet you, let me say I'm glad I've been.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was pleasantly surprised to hear Four was from new Jersey, would be nice to talk with someone else from the east coast. And to have both of them give Fate credit was a welcome change, she had meet other Awakened in her time who didn’t trust Fate. That had been an interesting discussion, leading her to shift his Fate slightly, which got her point across, but she paid for later.

“Guess its my turn, huh?” she smiles, “I’m from Virginia, and actually went to school out here before moving back home to practice. But, I couldn’t deny being drawn here, like I was supposed to be here.” She wondered which path they walked, but without her sight on, it was hard to tell. And being in a public place, she couldn’t just ask them out right, that wouldn’t go over well.

"So what do you guys do when you're not saving lives?" she asked with curiosity.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Save more lives in smaller ways." He's grinning, and clearly joking a bit, but at the same time his words hold a clear hint of truth to them. "Though, in a more serious phrasing: Charity work. I've been making, collecting and giving out blankets alot, work in soup kitchens... It's kinda amazing when I get time to myself."

Miach

PRE

When I'm not saving lives, I'm trying to remember why it's important to give our patients another chance at Life. I bask in all the good things Life has to bring : food, sports, music, reading, you name it. So long as it brings pleasure to the body or the mind, so long as it's something that can make life enjoyable, I'm in.

As often when speaking about his outlook on life, Miach was getting excited, which was a counterpoint to Four's much more poised stance.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby was impressed by hearing that Four did charity work, this was the second medical professional she had met who gave back. And when Miach talks of the good things in life, she cannot help but feel a bit jealous. She needed to take some time for herself. “That is wonderful Four! I think it is great when people give back to the community, it is something you don’t see a lot of anymore.” Looking to Miach and smiling, then back to Four, “Though I hope you are able to take a page from Miachs book and take some time to yourself, to live and enjoy life.” She gently shakes her head, “But I should take my own advice and take some time for myself, get out more.” There was a quick glimmer in her eyes as she looks back to Miach, "You mentioned sports and reading, is there any sport or author you prefer?" yah, it was lame, but she was interested in learning more about them.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I try, but it seems that whenever I'm too relaxed I just start falling asleep..." As if catching himself, he straightens up, realizing that he was nearly melting into his chair. "I'm partial to Jim Butcher myself. Not so much into sports, my self."

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread