MedStar - Medical Mages

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Shane Daniels Looked up at the Public library and then down at his phone, and quickly texted a message to @October Davenport and Miach ( Bigpaw ) inviting them to join him for a talk about their mundane jobs.

He goes in, making sure to put his phone on vibrate, quickly grabbing a medical magazine from that section and settling at a table visible from the entrance, he should be plenty of visible from that point, and he knew that this library had some study rooms if they wanted to talk more freely about a broader range of topics.

Four's only concern was that he didn't end up falling asleep at the table before they showed up.

Miach

PRE

Miach had cursed the day before when he had had to take a shift on short notice because a coworker's child was sick, but he was glad now, cause he had free time when Four sent him a short message. He texted a short "On my way", and headed toward the library, whistling on his bike.

He enjoyed the fresh air of a warm winter, and looked all around at the buildings, the woody roads, the people chatting carelessly, and smiled. He loved life. He loved living so very much. And he feared death a little, he had to admit in a corner of his mind.

Arriving at the Library, he parked on Plaza Park, and walked toward the library. He hadn't asked where Four was, he knew he would not need any indication to notice the giant. And indeed, here he was near the entrance, reading some magazine. the Acanthus waved his hand, and walked to the EMT, smiling kindly.

Hello Four, how are you today ?

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Hey. Pretty good. Waiting on another doctor, the one I told you about; she goes by Toby." Four sits up a bit, and gestures to another chair at the table, Inviting Miach to join him. "Just catching up on some reading meanwhile, every time I try to go to the Written in Water to do it... well, you know how it is."

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby sends a quick text back, 'On my way, got held up at the hospital.' Once she changed out of her scrubs, she headed to the library.

It didn't take her all that long, traffic was light, and time was on her side. Entering the building, she looks around and spots Four, and heads towards him. Smiling as she walks up, "Sorry about the delay." she pauses, seeing the other gentlemen, extending her hand, "Hi, I'm Toby." her tone light and friendly.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded in approval as Four told him about Written in Water.

I know exactly what you mean. The place is nothing short of great, but there's so many of us... you never have a chance to actually enjoy the place itself.

When the EMT told him another doctor would be coming, the tall Acanthus laughed, but quickly refrained it as people started gazing at him from the corners of the library.

The more, the merrier. I would never have guessed there would be two of us, let alone three ! I'll gladly meet her, you know.

The two of them then engaged in mundane chit-chat until a gorgeous young woman walked to them, and introduced herself. Miach's seductive reflexes kicked on overdrive, and his mouth was speaking before his brain could register.

Hi, I'm Miach, and I'm delighted to meet you. Please come and sit with m... us. I hear you're a doctor, too ? I'd love to talk about compared anatomy with you, if you'd like...

OOC

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four snorts, then laughs softly himself. "Sorry, I forgot to warn him." he shrugs, as if acknowledging that she needs a warning. "But, yeah, I called 'cause, you know, it's nice to hang out with people who have similar jobs."

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

Still smiling, eyes glimmering, “Hi Miach, pleased to meet you as well.” She takes a seat before continuing, “I am, specialized in Emergency Medicine. How about you?” her smile turns into a smirk at his comment, “That would be an interesting discussion, maybe some other time?” She adds with a wink.

Turning her attention to Four, “No worries.” her voice still upbeat, “I couldn’t agree more. So how have you guys been?” looking from Four to Miach.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Miach

PRE

Hardly had he finished his sentence that Miach regretted it, but both his fellow Awakened seemed to take it in stride, and he was relieved he hadn't aggravated any of them. Humour was such a great thing !

I.. uh... ya.. well... Obviously, his wits took a few seconds to come back from wherever they had gotten lost into.

Emergency Medicine ? How funny... That's my specialty too ! I work a Sutter's, and you ?

Phew, I managed to avoid another blunder with a Fate reference ! Though, given our milieu... I wonder which Watchtower she belongs to ?

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"And I'm a paramedic. There seems to be a theme, doesn't there?" It was a slightly disconcerting pattern, really.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Sutter? That is a wonderful hospital; I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. And the new Women and Children’s Center sound like they are going to be quite an asset to the community.” It was nice to have another doctor to talk to, and one in emergency care as well, “I work at UC Davis Medical Center, only been there a few months actually.” she wonders if they had meet Idun yet, and makes a mental note to ask.

When Four mentions being a paramedic, she smiles, “Which service do you ride with?” so far he had been one of the nicer medics she had meet, which was a good thing. She pauses, thinking about his question, “A theme?” she wasn’t sure if he was referring to them all being Awakened, or all working first hand with seriously injured people, but after her shift, her brain wasn’t working all that well.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread