Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
The Boarding House of Healing

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Grrface seems to quickly come down from his angry state. He takes a deep breath, exhales slowly, closing his eyes. The growling ceases. The whole thing seems very practiced. When he next looks at Derek he smiles despite himself.

"I'm glad to know it, Derek, thanks. Sorry for gettin wound up. It's tough to keep cool, sometimes."

Betony Rue looks at Simon. And how might this Skein help us? Her voice drips with acid. She looked around for a stick to prod the needed information out of the oneiromancer in a more speedy fashion. Finding none, she settles for glaring holes into his skull.

"You called me over here because you need to get into this boy's dreams, right? Find out what this booming voice represents, and maybe repair the poor kid's sanity. Well, with him like this I won't be able to do anything like that. Without a pledge I can't do much. The Skein could be a way to bypass that."

Betony thought a time, crossing her arms into her shawl, her claws piecing through the weave.
    "Would you be able to take the person whose dream you visited first with you along the threads?" she winced as her fingers caught in the yarn.

Simon arches an eyebrow questioningly "I don't understand. Take the boy to the Skein?"

The man needed to either have information pried out of him, or explained explicitly. She's sure she'd have an easier time of this if she were to cut out his tongue and make it dance upon a string.
    "Tell me if I were to make a pledge to allow you to enter my dreams would you be able to then take me along the skien as well." She felt like she was spelling it out to a idiot child and she could feel the Hag's hand wishing to reign abuse for the information she was giving.

Narration

PRE

"Grr, there's nothing at all wrong with getting wound up about dead kids and things that make them that way," Derek assures Grrface. "I can relate to that myself."

"If you're interested in eating something other than mush and Jell-O, I was thinking of running out for some bagels and coffee. You up for that?"

The Jasons Woman

Betony Rue looks at Samuel Kinkaid, considering. She wonders whether the boy's symptoms are related to the attack and abuse he suffered, or to fae influence.

She concludes that most likely, the child is suffering a mental derangement, which would be understandable given his experiences. But how to break through? She thinks some research may be in order. Knowing that the child is dreaming about his attacker is interesting, but not especially helpful.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread