Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Security Detailing (Private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

It was not long after the meeting of the Deputies, when Lance Rayner began to accompany Ariana to events. Being an Editor for the Sacramento Bee gave her time to either work at home or the office. Yet every now and again, she attended events herself. Hopefully Lance did not get sick of this part of his task.

Ariana had needed to attend the Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour presented by Cirque de Soleil. Normally, she would not be dressed in a gown for such an event. However, it was a national tour and there were many elite from the city in the area she was seated in. They had driven back to the Avalon after the performance to talk in her office about what this all meant as of late. She walked with Daeva into her office. Ariana did wonder when she went to talk to director Jamie King alone, how frustrated he may have been.

Dress

Well the show was interesting, even though Lance was more concerned about Ariana's safety than actually watching the show. The lobby and balcony they saw the show from were safe enough, but the chaos backstage would be enough to give Lance grey hairs if he still had to worry about that kind of thing. "There we go," Lance says as he follows Ariana into her office, relaxing slightly, "Safe and sound again." He loosens his tie a little bit out of nervousness, if nothing else. "I hope you had a good time this evening Regent-Harpy, and that I'm not being too much of a burden by doing my duty."
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana was impressed that Lance was taking his job so seriously. Although her eyebrow raised to the safe comment. She disregarded it for the moment, since he was probably adjusting just as much as she was... again.

Chuckling softly, Ariana smiled, “Of course. I love my job. Who knows how many years before I have to step out of the world of the press. I go to exciting clubs, see thrilling shows and meet interesting people.” And drink them.

The Lordess walked over to the front side of her desk and sat on the edge. “No, you are not a burden.” She waved her hand to dismiss the suggestion. “Let me ask you this, how do you perceive your duties?” Asking with an inquisitive grin.

Lance looks at Ariana's face, mentally adding things up in his mind. "Well I'm sure with plastic surgery being the way it is you can get in at least another two decades. Maybe another five years beyond that if you want to be daring."

Lance takes some time to consider her question as he leans against the door frame of her office. "I have never, in my life or after, had a job I loved, Regent Harpy. I've been satisfied with doing my jobs to the best of my ability and finding something enjoyable outside work hours to sustain myself. I do however enjoy this one. My duty is to keep you and the Domain safe. Both are tasks I'm happy to undertake. I'm working on eliminating the things that interfere with them." A brief moment of doubt flits across the Daeva's face as he considers speaking further, but he remains silent.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana laughed and touched her hand to her chest and bit her lip briefly before replying. “Oh Deputy Rayner, your wit is impressive sometimes.” She shook her head hoping he was joking. “I meant the years before people put two and two together when I am fifty or sixty and I clearly do not look it. If they ask for my plastic surgeon, I am unsure what I would say.” She smiled with an accidental wink.

“What do you enjoy about it? I am sure that some evenings may be dull for you that I must attend.” She was curious to his opinion as she knew someone else who would probably out of sorts in her endeavors.

“Eliminate things that interfere?” Her head turned sharply to the side a little. “May I have an example, if you please Deputy Rayner.” She lifted herself away from the desk and walked behind it to a tall, thin cupboard in the back.

Lance smiles and shakes his head. "Please don't take this as insincere flattery, but I enjoy your company. You have always been nothing but gracious and a pleasure to be around. You are intelligent, poised and kind. You are one of the jewels of the Domain and it is an honor and a privilege to be charged with your protection."

When she rises he follows her movements with his eyes. "I'm leaving the Movement. Effective immediately, since I'm informing the Harpy as we speak. I came to two conclusions recently; the first is that my duties as Prefect would eat up time better spent on my duties to the Domain - If I was Prefect I'd be obligated to babysit people that have no clue how to act in public. The second is that I am as suited to running a Covenant of lazy vampires that have no sense of propriety as I am suited to being a member of said Covenant. That is to say not at all. I feel my time is better spent as an Unbound Deputy than a Prefect and a Deputy."

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Well that is quite lovely of you to say Deputy Rayner.” Ariana turned to him from where she stood. It is such a pity his interests lay elsewhere.

As she began to take off her heels she nearly fell over. Her eyes widened and jaw dropped. “Wha…” She shook her head still astonished. “What?” Although the question was entirely rhetorical. “Well, it sounds like you have everything well thought out. I cannot fault you for your reasons, nor disagree. Other than what you just stated, were there any other influences for this?” Ariana was still somewhat flabbergasted by his resignation. Then again, it was also very wise.

When she stumbles, Lance is at her side so quickly it's almost supernatural. He offers he any needed support to regain her balance as he responds quietly. "As I told Reeve Greyson before he offered me the position of Deputy, I'm not a revolutionary. I'm a man that knows how to get things done. I thought the Movement would pay my service back to me, but all it has done is make me look bad and cost me opportunities. I took a gamble and I lost. I'm adult enough to admit it."

He lowers his voice to a whisper. "There's another reason, if you won't think less of me for sharing it."

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess blinked a few times at sudden dash. Nearly like having my own superman, yet blonde, hotter and with fangs. And oddly reminded her of someone else. “Thank you, it was just the shock of your news.” She opened the closet door, but it opened towards Lance not revealing its contents.

“Well as Kenny Rogers said, you have to know when to hold them, and know when to fold them.” Ariana was well aware she had no southern accent to carry on with the rest of the spoken lyrics. “Well, I do not think it has made you look entirely bad.” She smirked to him.

She lowered her own voice to a whisper. “I am sure I will not. What is it?”

Lance leans in close to Ariana and whispers in her ear. "When Slave Mclean hears about it, he will pop a blood vessel." The poor child had wanted the position so badly at the meeting on the boat. Not badly enough to actually make a grab for it, but loosing it had driven him to toss his vaunted ideals into the gutter and join the Ordo Dracul. Knowing that he had no way to leave the Dragons and start up the Movement again without the entire Domain seeing him for what he was would keep Lance's heart warm for at least a year, maybe two if he could find subtle ways to remind Mclean of the situation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.