Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Reeve's night out, but never off

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Lance shakes his head. "Not too terribly difficult, making sure all the buckles were clasped properly was the hardest part. Getting everything in the mirror was a slight chore." He winces a little at the question of his ever attending the venue before. "Yes I came once when I first moved here. I met Miss Sage that night but then I had to... leave not very long afterwards." The memory of her unmasked Beast gnawed at his nerves with incisors wet with embarrassment.

He returns the smile to Chris with one of his own, preening under the complement. He is a Daeva after all, it comes with the Blood. He touches one of the buttons on Chris' wrist. "You look good in yours as well, it's very minimalist. In a crowd like this," he gestures to the Kine around them, "that stands out." Lance gestures to Sidor's outfit. "Your costume has a similar effect, only it's something everyone is going to compare themselves too. Is the mask new or a heirloom, Mister Grigoriev?"

Lance watches the scene unfold on the platform and listens to the conversation unfold. He lets out a low chuckle when swinging is brought up though. "I never had much experience in the BDSM community. Back at my last home, it was something of an exclusive family club. I can see the appeal though, sometimes conflicting sensations adds just the right amount of frisson to intimacy."
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The copper haired Ventrue was becoming more curious as the gentleman continued describing situations. Ariana’s lips held and intrigued smile which washed over her blue eyes. “I am glad you could make it Mr. Grivogriev. As far as masks are concerned I believe they are necessary for the theme on occasions like these.” Although she knew the real reason. “They can be appealing under the right circumstances, and yours is quite impressive. Although wearing one to the office would violate the dress code.” She winked, knowing it was the Prince’s request that they were not allowed in Court. Especially after the incident with Edmund.

Then leave it to the Daeva to drive past the surface of the topic and sprawl right into the secret nothings of the world of the Asylum and subcultures. “Are you saying it is some sort of mixture of pleasure and pain?” Her head turned a little to Lance. “A play on contradiction perhaps; hot and cold or coarse and smooth. I can see why that may be a fascinating.” The Lordess may have seemed to be asking questions as if studying the conversation for a far. Or taking mental notes for another purpose. “If I may ask, what is the difference between a scene or play?” She grinned in a curious manner. “Unless that is too difficult to explain in a conversational manner.” There was a fine line that Ariana had been attempting to harmonize with, yet it may not last long.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"No, Mr. Rayner, I'm afraid this is a non-functional model... purely costume. The sort of thing my Grandfather wore was much less... comfortable," Sidor replied, his tone possibly very, very faintly nostalgic. It was perhaps, slightly easier to read his vocal cues without the distraction of the eerie shadows that covered his features. Unfortunately, he was still extremely talented at keeping his softly accented tones level and cordial, so it didn't really help. "It is the often the way way of things that are purely functional. They rarely look impressive when worn. On the other hand, if one does not wish to choke to death..." He shrugged. "I would rather be breathing and ugly, than looking handsome in a casket. Don't you agree?"

And why, when I said that, did I remember the Waltz of the Flowers?

Beneath the mask, Sidor inclined his head very slightly to Ariana.

"A shame. Perhaps we should suggest a casual Friday,"
    he replied, his voice faintly amused. "Although nothing about this suggests, ah, casual." His lips pressed into a thin line of amusement as the discussion turned inevitably to the nature of the Asylum. He couldn't help but find it rather tame. Then again, he suspected it was more about the spectacle than actually torturing anyone. That would, of course, not be legal.

"I always thought contradiction was fascinating, myself. Particularly in people."

C
    Conner Greyson

"Those involved in the Swinger Subculture use the term play as to say they had sex with another couple. For example one couple may say 'Oh that couple, we play together sometimes' or 'they are a fun group to play with'" Conner explains to the inquisitive Lady Lord. "BDSM subculture use the term play to describe things they are doing, such as, 'sensory play' or 'breath play' Someone may ask you, are you up for some 'breath play' or 'needle play' but saying you are up for some play to a member of the BDSM community does not volunteer you for sex." Conner explains.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Oh I think it can be even more minimalistic.' Chris says with a grin to Lance, looking to those people who don't wear that much clothes at all. 'Thanks though.' He is sincerely thankful for the compliment. "Less is more" is a good excuse to not to spend too much money on extra stuff, the clothes were of enough quality already.

The Mekhet nods when Ariana speaks of a dress code. 'I remember the time before that, more of us showed up with masks...' with that he slightly looks at Conner. Personally he had liked the Priscus' masks. It was an interesting way to see someone interests, and you could try to guess how he'd obtained it... Chris' attention stays focused on Conner as the man explains more about BDSM.

Maybe I can try to 'play' too then, without 'making a scene'. With both of its meanings.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Lance has to chuckle at the haunt's question. "I have to plead the fifth on that Mister Grigoriev. If I answered honestly my family membership would get revoked and it's such a chore to get it reinstated."

"Exactly Miss Donovan. Why stop at a pair of sensations though? Sure, hot and cold are good, you can do amazing things with an ice cube in your mouth, for example. Or you can have a passionate night on a fire escape in the rain. What happens when you add in exhibition to it? Knowing that there's others watching you or who can just stumble onto you has always heightened the experience. And Exhibition is just a subset of multiple partners." He gestures to the Scene in progress as an example. "Even if there's no penetration, everyone in this room is participating in this and it's just intimate as if the five of us went somewhere private to engage in some... play." He looks around the table. "We have more senses than just touch too. Sight, smell, sound, and taste also are there to be experienced alongside touch. What happens here is a completely different experience than what you'd find between two naked bodies on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace, the only sounds being their breathing and the sounds of burning wood and smell of smoke. There's so many things; candles, leather, fur, oils with almost limitless fragrances, new partners, new genders, new looks, gentle ways of doing it and rough ways. There's so many options that I think even someone that could live forever couldn't try them all."

He leans back, gauging the reactions to what he said and what he's about to say. "And since I've never done this, is there anyone that would like to walk me through my first scene?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner turns his head to Lance at his request, then wondered who else at the table had any real experience.

Conner stood and unbuttoned his jacket and slid it off, he wore no holsters under it.

The Mekhet looked to the Daeva and then looked inward, "Are you sure this is something you want Mister Rayner?" Conner asked as he unbuttoned his left cuff and proceeded to roll it up, exposing the many knife scars on his forarm, then proceeding to do the right side, showing more scars on that forearm as well. Conner undid his watch, "Will you hold this for me Miss Donovan?"

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had intended to make a further comment on masks… until Lance spoke in detail. It was not that she was all sweet and innocent, but a bit stunned. And completely intrigued…

“Of course Mr. Greyson.” The Lordess took his watch and slipped it in her purse. It was moments like this that Ariana wished she could see any sort of expression on Sidor’s face. Glancing to Chris for a moment to see if she could catch his expresson.

“Is this intended for demonstration, or something private?” Her tone was only curious and nothing more than wondering what was next.

Lance raises an eyebrow "I find a little fear exciting, Mister Greyson. If you'll take over my duty, Mister Grigoriev?" He looks to his fellow Deputy, referring to his job as bodyguard for Ariana.

At her question, Lance looked to Conner. "You're in charge sir, I'm willing to go as far as you want."

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"With pleasure," Sidor replied, his lips twitching very slightly at the humour in Lance's previous reply. He moved immediately, sliding into the seat next to Ariana. He didn't need to look protective. The moment he sat down, the Nosferatu Priscus' body language changed subtly. It was like a carnival mirror. Someone had stepped around the corner and things had warped into something bizarre.

The message, unlike his usual body language, was crystal clear. It said: You are not welcome here. Run along. I am watching you.

The most dischordant part was the fact that his voice didn't change at all, and he continued the conversation as if he weren't simply sat there, impressing his personality on the immediate area around them. The line-backer couldn't have been more imposing.

"This should be most entertaining, don't you think? And they say voyeurism is a lost art."

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.