Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Reeve's night out, but never off

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

Lance smiles at the new gangrel. "Charmed, Mister Calloway." As the discussion slips back into more intimate areas, Lance has to ask Martha something. "Miss Villers, I understand new members of your organization are called Slaves. Perhaps Mister Mclean would be willing to let you do a scene with him? In the interests of Science, of course. I think it's interesting what you learn about yourself when you try new things. A session with him might prove illuminating."
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Iron maiden?” Ariana’s head turned to the side and slightly forward. “I assume we are not speaking of the metal band from the 1990’s.” She laughed candidly and it was clear by her tone that she was joking. Nodding to Martha at the idea. “Since I have only been here one other time, perhaps someone like to give Miss Villiers and I a tour in this endeavor?” Glancing to the few gathered around who may know more about this place than herself.

Still with a smile on her face, her features did not allude to what she may need to confront.

C
    Conner Greyson

"They have had a rack here in the past, but I highly doubt that the actual Iron Maiden is being used. After all that could kill a person. I highly doubt that the owner of this establishment is wanting to do any permanent damage to the patrons." Conner says with a interesting look to the others there.

"I will keep that in mind Mister Calloway. But the best way to assist me is to keep yourself available to my subordinates."

When are people going to learn that the Reeve does not go to them, but they come to him...

"As I believe I am the most frequient of patrons I would be happy to give you all a walk through, but for the most part it is what you see, there are some private rooms and the Domme's tend to keep there own work areas. But most of the building is set up to be flexible depending on the theme that the manager chooses."

Conner stands and waits for the others to join them if they wish.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Interestingly, the Iron Maiden as a device wasn't invented until the 19th Century," Sidor commented blandly, his voice as casual as if he was talking about the weather. "The belief is that it was a misinterpretation or exaggeration of the Medieval Cloak of Shame, a wooden and tin device that was used to punish miscreants in Medieval Germany- painful, but possessing no spikes. The 19th Century had something of a resurgance of fascination in the macabre. It was popular to... recreate devices for collectors. When the truth wasn't gory or dramatic enough, individuals made it up. Regardless, no one was ever tortured or executed via the Iron Maiden... particularly not by the Inquisition, as is so often touted. Human nature is amusing, isn't it?"

Well, it was amusing to him.

The Bishop assessed whether it would be worth the risk of enduring a resurgance in one night. Probably. All the better to protect the Domain. He would not be the one caught resting when some of the highest ranking members of the Domain were assailed.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon stood with Martha, giving her his physical assistance where desired, and grins politely at the direction of the conversation. The grin falters a little at Lance's mention of Mclean, as he mightily resists the urge to roll his eyes. Someone would have to break in that marshmallow one of these days, before he got himself killed trying to convince everyone that he isn't an ignorant neonate.

Hopefully, Martha and the Ordo would be good for him. But if his foolishness put Martha in danger at any point, well...

Dillon's grin regains its friendly, charming zest.

Breaking into a short, bark-like laugh when the subject of British Heavy Metal is suddenly dropped into the conversation, By the Ventrue Priscus, no less, Dillon's eyebrows quirk in amusement. "They actually hit it big in the eighties, Miss Donovan. But I applaud your taste." Just because she knew the name didn't mean she was a fan, but a little tease is harmless.

The Deputy nods to Conner's assessment of the Asylum. "I've only been here once before myself, but the... eh... atmosphere intrigues me, I guess." He looks as though his wording is unsure, there, but is willing to go with it. Still politely holding Martha's hand, Dillon is mindful of their surroundings without looking too obvious about it.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

A grin appears on Chris' face as his comment has the wished effect. Still, he adds something to what Conner says. 'Oh no, of course they didn't use the Iron Maiden that evening. Maybe the rack is more eligible for usage though?'

He looks to his Priscus in way that makes clear he would go with him when he plans to do a 'walk through'. But first, Chris needs to know something. He turns to Sidor with an expression telling that he was somewhat 'amused' by the extra knowledge. 'And you've studied the history of torture devices because....?' He holds his hands up, gesturing so the Priscus of Haunts was free to fill in the answer.

Maybe socializing on a matter that interests him could help to prevent confrontations on "other matters".
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Because I am an extremely well-educated man who enjoys history, Mr. Wooding," Sidor said, in a patient, and polite tone. "After all, one never knows what might enable you to win a general knowledge round." Beneath the mask, and the maelstrom of shadows, his eyebrow quirked very slightly.

After all, what other answer was Wooding expecting?

Yes, Mr. Wooding, I frequently use the Iron Maiden in day to day life. In fact, until recently, Mr. Connery was locked in there for my amusement, perhaps?

Which was quite patently nonsense. Sidor didn't need anything nearly as showy and overexaggerated as an Iron Maiden.

C
    Conner Greyson

"Mister Grigoriev is a deft hand at Bar Trivia." Conner says ... making a joke? Seriously? Did Greyson just make a joke?

S
    Steven

This thread will close 02/05/2012

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.