Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Hedge Weed?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

MrSogno , GardenOfSilver

Continued from here

As the pair return to the Winter Queen's store, they see the beautiful Fairest working around the place. She seems to be putting some things away in storage. A little bell rings as they walk into the place, but that doesn't distract her from what she is working on at the moment.

M
    MrSogno

Deadly clears his throat with all the delicacy of a car engine backfiring. Just because the store was quiet now didn't mean there wouldn't be a sudden influx of Winterlings like last time, so hoping he got her attention that way, the Draconic heads towards where Katrin is working.

G
    GardenOfSilver

The Wizened smirks and hangs back at Deadly’s attempt at “subtlety”, turning her attention towards one of the displays within the store while she waits for her Queen to find time for them. All these snow globes; there had to be something otherworldly to them to be found here in Treasured, like courtiers of the Queen. Maybe they had been for all she knew, strong fae, even changelings like herself, could do very perculiar things for very strange reasons. She shivered.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

After she finishes putting a couple of things away in a back room, Katrin comes out to meet the pair. She gives the Draconic a slight frown. "That was unnecessary Mr. Deadly. You have heard that patience is a virtue, yes?" However, the frown doesn't last long and she offers both of them a gentle smile.

"I assume that you have news of some sort since you are back here, yes?" The Winter Queen looks at the Wizened and then at the Draconic respectively. "I would love to hear what you have found."
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

M
    MrSogno

Adopting a faux British accent he can't help but grin, "My dear lady, only doctors have patients. And who wants to have open-heart surgury preformed by someone named Dr. Deadly? Although I did once know a Dr. Shankem. Pediatrician, oddly enough."

Reeling himself back in before the tangent takes over, Deadly returns to business. "We found their stash, which is how they were dreaming, we're pretty sure. it looks like something that comes out of the Hedge; also got a bead on who they got it from. Harvey's checking on that now."

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

The Winter Queen startes coldly at the Draconic. "I believe I said patience, yes?" Katrin taps into her Wyrd to empower her own beauty to appear more commanding to him. "I appreciate the sense of humor; but I would appreciate it more if you would save it for another time, yes?" She says in a cold voice, as her glimmering eyes stare directly into the Draconic's. "Now its not the time for jokes. Not when we are discussing something that is potentially dangerous to the Freehold, yes?"

OOC

After a few seconds of silence, her cold expression turns into a gentle smile again. "Thank you for the information." She then turns to the Wizened ( GardenOfSilver ), "Would you mind expanding on what Mr. Deadly has said? You found a stash, yes? But of what?" The Queen takes a pause as she awaits for an answer before adding, "Details would be appreciated, yes?"
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

G
    GardenOfSilver

Kim pales slightly at Katrin’s tone of voice and remains silent till the Queen addresses her. Squaring her shoulders the Wizened takes a step or two further into the store from where she was standing. Long fingers dip into a pocket and produce one of the bags of mysterious weed, making sure to keep her back to the store front to keep anyone from seeing, before answering, “As Deadly was saying, it appears to be drug stash. It was the only thing we had time to find in that mess before the owner showed up, though I’ll get to that, so it might be possible that we missed something. The Draconic,” she nods briefly at Deadly, “think it is, to paraphrase him, ‘hedge weed’ so I assume he’s encountered it sometime before.”

“As for the owner, he appears to have bought it from a mystery woman calling herself Sandra over at Tahoe Park and seems oblivious to what it actually does other than giving an awesome trip. He seems to have been sharing it with some of the other students,” she pauses for a breath. “We managed to get this out of him by pretending to be someone in authority, and telling him he could earn an undefined sum of money if it was helpful. He was also appeared about his parents pulling him out of school if he got into real trouble, which could be useful if we need to squeeze more information...”

The Wizened seems to scowl somewhere under all that black hair and blindfold, trying to remember if she’s missed anything.

M
    MrSogno

Abysmal failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-09 11:39:48 Uncle Deadly rolls 8 to I yam who I yam (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 7, 2, 7, 3, 1, 4, 3 failure

Hard as it is for the excitable Draconic to settle down, Katrin's attitude makes it clear she's not in the mood. He does give the queen a mild glance however, "Remember, madame, that we must each act to our selves. To do otherwise would be the death of the soul." It would be easy for him to become despondant at this point, save that he quite firmly belives what he just said. While he is subdued, he is far from cowed.

OOC

"Yar, Kim has it right for the most part. I haven't seen this before, but normal pot isn't rainbow-coloured. Nor would it let someone start dreaming lucidly. Hm... actually, could it be dream weed? Is that even possible?" His tail lashes back and forth for a moment as he thinks.

The door bell jingles and a youthful Asian man steps in to admire some antique furniture. He gives Katrin a nod, then glances at the other customers with mild interest. Letting himself step just out of range to understand what is said. The group can talk in peace. He seems to not be interested anyway.

Could he overhear a loud conversation on the way in?
    There is plenty of space in his car for a heavy chest. This particular piece has strong, lovely handles. Plenty of space inside.

I'm not what you are
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-09 12:11:00 Yui rolls 6 to I'm just a Man (WIT+Subt) (10 Again) 9, 4, 3, 9, 4, 10, 8 4 successes
    Yui has his Mask strengthened
    WIT+Subt as reflex to see though the disguise

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

The Queen of Sorrow pays no attention to the Draconic as she turns to listen to the Oracle's words. Her beautiful alabaster face shows no signs as to what she may be thinking about at the moment, while she just stands there quietly listening. She glances towards the door as she hears someone come in, but does not say anything to the newcome. Instead she just offers him a gentle smile before turning her attention back to the other two.

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-09 12:44:03 Katrin Byeli rolls 1 to forgot to add +1 for Mantle bonus (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2012-01-09 12:36:43 Katrin Byeli rolls 10 to Wits + Subterfuge + Specialty to "I know what you are" (10 Again) 7, 9, 3, 8, 6, 2, 1, 10, 6, 1, 1 3 successes

"This is all very interesting information, yes? Thank you for sharing it with me." She smiles at Kim, pleased with what the Wizened has told her. "Finding the source is important, yes? For now leave the sample with me, and meet with Harvey at the park." She gestures to the man that had recently entered the store, "if you will excuse me for now, it seems that I have another customer." She extends her hand out towards Kim, waiting for her to hand over the bag of "hedge weed."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread