Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
In The Backroom With Alice and Martha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

For weeks Martha and Alice had stared balefully across the few feet of desk space in the office they shared. The desk had become a DMZ. Artfully re-arranged monitors, desk calenders and lampstands had moved in place. Erecting a wall between them that was more than just a metaphor.

Reluctant Post-It notes acted as the only diplomatic commuiniques between the warring States.

The Prince had bestowed a kiss. A reconcilliation. There had being an exchange of gifts. The wall was coming down. No longer was Martha peering over the hedge of bonzai to see Alice.

Taking a break from the end of month spreadsheet, Martha arched her back and stretched her slender arms over her head, offering a sweet smile to Alice.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice is almost lost in a great amount of pictures, the kind of pics that make her smile though. Next to the computer on the desk stands her own laptop, yet right now Alice is looking at some paper documents she holds in her hand.

Professional dancers are expensive these days...

Then she notices Martha and looks up to return a smile. Compliment her with nice shoes? No, I can't even see them. Oh! Hair, it looks good... just like the last year. Their relation isn't perfect yet, Alice doesn't know what to say. Then talking about work is always fine, right? They are at work after all.

'Have you read my 'gay night' note?' Fortunately, Alice can sound perfectly comfortable as if they are best friends. 'Or actually just a night with male dancers, on a more regular base than those two days a year.'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled back. Wide eyed and joyful. Alice's smile and words clearly gave her joy. "Ah!" she begins, pausing to think, "I did read it, miss! I did. a most splendid notion indeed! One I heartily support and wish to co-operate with in everyway I can! I...I was left with three thoughts. Firstly: which will maximise profit? Secondly: which will gratify the most customers? Thirdly: if we sought to have regular gay evenings...perhaps we ought not limit it just for the men...would there be estimable value in encouraging a wider audience from the whole LGBTQ range of appetites and interests? Perhaps..." she goes on to enthuse, with fluttering hand gestures, "...perhaps we might, in between dancing...include and encourage a talent hour? Talent contests remain ever popular in the broadcast media...they might appeal to those with a hidden talent they wish to express in a permissive environment! Add a variety to the evening!" she smiles cheerfully. Leaning her elbows on her desk, she cups her chin in her hands to watch Alice's reaction with wide eyes.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

And this is all it takes to make Alice 100% excited, she leans forward and begins to speak. 'I think we can maximize profit if we have these evenings on a Thursday or something. I mean, no matter how much I would like to see half naked men at work, every day. Friday and Saturday are the days we have the most customers already.' When mentioning the men she puts the papers from her hand on the desk. Apparently Alice had already been searching for new employees...

'I think the number of customers won't be a problem. We're in California after all. Even in the time I thought New York was USA's capital city I knew San Francisco was one of the gay capitals of the world.' Alice chuckles, she was more a blondine at a younger age. 'But of course we don't refuse anyone to come in, whatever their sexual preference is. And if you imply we should also have some ladies on those nights, well, it shouldn't be a problem.'

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was watching with wide eyes. A gentle smile as she listens. She found nothing to disagree with and nodded often. Her twin tails wobble. "Quite so, miss! Oh, I say!" she enthuses, "I am excited about this!" she glances to the paperwork Alice placed down, and then back to Alice. "What do we need to do first, miss? How can I help?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Well, there are several things we need to discuss.' Alice pauses a second, repeating in her head what needs to be done. 'First, are we doing this every week? I think we can see how it goes, then make a final judgement after two months? Another option would be every even or odd week.' Alice shrugs, preferring to leave the decision with Martha.

'Once we've decided that, we can look at this.' She hands the whole pack of paper over to the Herald. 'Profiles, CV's and such information about models and dancers. If you look at these, then I'll choose the best from those I can see on my laptop.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you, ma'am." with gentle and grateful care, Martha leans over to collect the papers handed to her by Alice. A respectful nod of the head as she does so. Twin tails wobble. Sitting back down, she begins to study the papers. Attentive to the task set of her. "I see!" she chirps as she begins to see the paperwork and the enclosed glossy 8x10's.

Casting a wide eyed look to Alice, she offers, "I daresay we shall need to hold auditions! That could be an awful lot of fun, miss!" she smiles to herself, amused by some of the CV entries.

Giving some thought to them and to the problem of frequency, after reading half a dozen CVs she begins to talk with growing excitement, her eagerness obviously mounting. Ideas coming to her as she talks; "Perhaps we can start to host them monthly at first? Build up to twice a month if they are popular? I should hate them to become too frequent and tiresome...but regular enough to establish a pattern and following. We can perhaps use the Internet! Maybe encourage people to audition via YouTube...we could maybe set a web-site up here, so people can post to it...that might stimulate interest in the event. Post the best and worst entries up. People could perhaps votes for their most favoured selections to appear? Or perhaps we can also advertise through the local newspaper? We might also be able to enlist the help of Mr Ankers...he knows a lot about computational machines! Mr McLean knows a lot about modern communications and the mass media too...maybe we can call on their professional help and participation?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice makes that typical long nod while Martha speaks, agreeing with all she says. 'Okay, every first Thursday of the month... eh... how do we call the night? 'Gay' doesn't seem welcoming for everyone. 'Pink Night', well, that's a color. 'Men Night'? Could be interpreted that only men can come.' A matter that needs more thought, obviously.

'But auditions are great! A lot of people will come to see the club then. Still we have to watch out, professionals are not the kind of persons that come to such auditions. Mostly just kids who think they have talent. Uhmm, we can advertise in the Sacramento Bee, I assume. Then have our first qualification rounds on YouTube. A large group can win there, but they still need to do a second round in the club itself. Perhaps even on regular nights.' She quickly types several ideas on her laptop.

'Do you want to contact Mr. Ankers and Mr. Mclean? It is your idea, so to you the honor.' Alice smiles, she always likes it when the right people get what they deserve. Just like this whole gay night was her idea...

Eventually, I always turn out to be a little selfish. But who blames a vampire for being selfish?

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens with wide innocent eyes. Listening as more ideas are offered. Martha nods eagerly, again cupping her chin in dainty hands. Twin tails bob. "Yes, miss! I shall speak with them. I does sound like this could be enormous fun, miss...and profitable for all concerned!" she smiles. It is a sincere smile. "I wonder...as a name for the evening...what about 'Out There!'? It covers the hint of alluding to those who wish to share their sexual orientations with others while also promoting the notion of being out there on stage...doing what a performer simply must do...and hints also that it risks few limits about what might be possible in a permissive environment." another wide eyed smile.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Oh yes! Profitable for sure.' There is no innocence in Alice's eyes, more excitement and perhaps lust. 'Out There! sounds good. Yeah.' Tick tick. Noted on her laptop.

'We have a name, you'll do the contacts and advertisement with Mr. Ankers and Mclean. Meanwhile we keep looking for the best performers to begin with. Anything else we should discuss?'

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread