Ended
Watch

Consillium VI - Panama

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 13 of 31 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... Last

Idun

PRE

Idun is about to form a response only for everyone to come to attention. She looks bemused but does turn to pay attention to what's being said. Well, I can honestly say that I expected to hear from them after I moved. She mentally admits to herself.

Taking a moment to calm down, Kite started to count backwards from ten. Taking slow, deep breaths, he felt the emotional turmoil inside him begin to drain from his face, his heart rate slowing back from its previously racing rate. By the time he had reached zero, the color in his cheeks had finally returned to its natural pallor, and his expression had become the very model of stoic composure.

“Well,” Kite quietly sighed to himself sarcastically, “I seem to be raising the skill of creating awkward situations into a fine art.” Kite covered his eyes in embarrassment as Rosetta took a seat on an odd tree root. It was difficult for Kite to judge her reaction – though she looked just as surprised as he did when Rellim asked his question out of the blue like that. The thought of the other willworker made him realize that he had also walked away, and it took Kite a few moments to find him sitting on the ground a small distance away. Neither of the two mages said anything, but there was no doubt in his mind that he had – yet again – portrayed himself in a poor light.

Kite wiped off the sweat that accumulated on his face, and slapped yet another wayward mosquito looking for a meal. “This train wreck just keeps getting worse and worse…” he sighed to himself silently.

Kite looked around at his surroundings again. If there was one blessing to be had, it was that everyone seemed to be focusing on a single person now, and that person was not him. Instead, Pulp Noir, the Free Council representative he had met before, was drawing everyone’s attention to the official start of the Consilium. Kite took a moment to renew his resolve “Ok, Kite” he told himself in a low, stern voice. “This might be painful, but it’s necessary." He took a few seconds to quickly preen himself as best and quickly as he could, then mustered his courage to rejoin everyone else. "Let’s do this!” he said to himself as he started to walk over to the crowd…

… only to suddenly stop in place, back straight, with his face bearing a startled expression as though he had been pricked with a pin.

Kite looked down at the ground, his eyes squinting in the dark, refocusing, and darting to and fro. Tentatively, he poked the dark underbrush beneath him with his cane, as if probing for some unseen threat or menace. “Well, this is a Jungle” he said to himself in a louder, shaky voice. “That movement I felt on my leg, well… there are probably numerous critters down there…” He thought about the situation a moment longer before coming to an ultimate decision.

“Maybe I better not sit down.” he concluded, as he walked at a deliberate pace to the clearest area he could see. “Perhaps I should remain standing… over there... in the mud… with a very clear view of the ground…”

PRE

Not entirely willingly, Joshua leaves the tree where he had left his coat hanging, and follows along in Animus' wake. He takes a place near the Thyrsus, behind him and to the right. He looks over the gathering. Although his expression is blank, there's a sinking feeling in his stomach: there were a lot more new people here than he'd thought. He was going to be keying new names into his phone for the rest of the night.

The Sentinel hooks his thumbs into his pockets, his hands mostly free to still go for the pistol at his side, and suppresses a sigh. This was going to be an interesting night, with so many newbies showing up at a time of war. New blood always thought they knew the answers.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne silently bows to the Hierarch in assent and makes her way to the stage. As she walks she takes in the crowd containing plenty of new faces. Plenty of people that should be vetted somehow.

Somehow..

She takes her place next to Joshua and looks over the gathered mages with a calm smile. This is going to be interesting...

L

Okay, there place was over their, apparently. So she followed Animus and took her place...wherever it was exactly that she was supposed to be. She just stood near the other Councilors and figured it would be close enough. Her gaze also wandered to the branches, and vines. A few threads of Life and she could probably make a real nice hammock if the Councilors were allowed to willwork...

Other thoughts wandered across her mind, too. Ariadne...Herald, then Epopt as well, then Councilor of the Mastigos. It was not at all dissimilar to Henry before her. Was it a coincidence, an intentional plan on her part, Animus subconsciously recognizing and following a pattern, or perhaps Fate had bound her to walk a path much the same as her predecessor?

Time would tell, maybe.

But at least Ariadne probably wouldn't have them meet in construction sites late at night.

PRE

Gallows kept his eyes on the Heirarch and those assembled around him. When at Written in Water, he had only been introduced to the other new people, plus a few of the more established names in the Consilium. This was his first time seeing the real movers and shakers, watching the people who had been appointed to positions of power. If there was anything he could learn about how they got there, or how they behaved and what to look out for by watching them, then they would have his undivided attention.

He raised an eyebrow as Animus called on Ariadne. It sounded like he had just witnessed a promotion to Councillor. This, combined with the information he had received on the Silver Ladder organization in the area (or the lack thereof) made it seem like the local political structure was not nearly as stable as might be desired. Then again, instability wasn't necessarily a bad thing. After all, there has to be some room for change, or you end up with the opposite extreme--stagnation. There had to be a balance. As far as Gallows personally was concerned, a bit of instability was definitely good. It meant that there was some room for Rosetta, the cabal, and him to make names for themselves. All the more reason for him to be attentive. Also, he kept his eye out for the Moros Councillor--this Joshua Morris he had heard about. They still needed to be introduced.

Part of Gallows wondered if this apparent instability might also be a cause for concern, rather than just an opportunity. Was the Consilium in such a state of disarray that it was vulnerable? It was far too early to be making such judgments...

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes lock on Ariadne, steel evident in Animus' voice despite being pitched to not carry beyond the Councilors. "You will be more active as Councilor than you have been. Clear?" The contact breaks, as his gaze flicks between the other Councilors, softening on reaching his Cabal. "That goes for all of you. I can't lead on my own, not when we're growing this much." Gone for the moment are the flickers of self-doubt, although that in itself is not always the best of signs.

An instant later, his gaze turns outward to the Consilium as a whole. "Welcome, and it's a pleasure to see so many new people. But be alert to danger; we've had trouble with hostile mages lately, and recently lost the Circle of Creation to them." Internally, a flicker of pain. And what help did you give? Halfway across the city, lost under the control of a malicious ghost.

A hand brushes lightly against a nearby tree. It could almost be a coincidence, but to the Thyrsus it was a needed grounding. "The Arrow is working to take back what is ours, but we also need to coordinate, so everyone can be apprised to the true threat." His gaze flickers between the established mages, seeing their living patterns more clearly than their physical bodies. "Anyone with further information on what we face, please share it now."

Technique moves up besides the coucilors, and nods at Animus, showing it was understood.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Rosh

PRE

Rosh gulps. The intensity coming from Animus is palpable. He stands tall knowing he is making good strides on his end. He is happy to see Animus taking himself seriously, taking his position seriously. It is both a relief and encouraging.

"I report that a Seer is taking over gangs and using them to his own ends at the Bell Building. These Gangs are being lead as a cult and are outright hostile." Rosh gazes over the supernal eddies of spell work that lights this Consilium body.

"I was attacked by this group and I avoided conflict until I had support from my Cabal. The Arrow bravely came to my aid. We then captured a group of these Sleepers and I am housing them at the Hostel.
    They are mislead, and they are fervent in their beliefs. These Sleepers are being armed with Magical Items that allow them to see Aura, they are told to attack Awakened."

Rosh sighs, the very spell work he marvels is the sign these forces are using to find targets. "Please cloak yourselves. Come to me if you want to learn how you can do so. As always, if you are in need or have information. Call for support to your Cabal, Counselor, A Sentinel and or the Arrow."

"Secondly, during my attempt to escape that gang, the Ley Line at Tower Bridge was damaged. I am leading a team to restore that Line. It is a perfect opportunity to learn the arts of Prime and prepare us to face this new threat. I have many invested in this now, but we can always use more eyes, ears, and hands. In many we have strength. Speak with me after Consilium if you can lend your aid. Obrimi, I need you if your available."

Rosh steps back, his business done.

L
    LoneRanger

So before sitting down with Toren near Aenigma, Demise and Noctina, I inform him I landed a new job, so celebration are in order.
    Looking back to Miach, I smile at him. Always to the point, eh!

Taking a seat near Aenigma and Demise, I congratulate with him about the good job.

As usual I start taking notes about what is going to be said.

After listening to the Hierarch and Councillor Rosh I think, mantaining the same bland face.
    I wonder where this may lead.

Page 13 of 31 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... Last
Closed Thread