Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

One Night at the Ice Rink

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Blush Active

The January air was crisp and the air smelled of salt and hot butter. Over the sound of laughing children and young lovers, Lance Rayner breathed in deeply the smell of New Year's fun. Up until Christmas the air was always so full of Christmas music written in the 60s and Cinnamon-Sugar treats was almost a chore. Lance much preferred the New Year - just the cold air, the white lights and the smell of popcorn.

He could almost taste it.

As the subdued classical music played over the loudspeakers and the happy sound of the living washed over him, dressed in a black and red jacket and comfortable black jeans, he rubbed his gloved hands in front of his mouth as he breathed out a plume of unnecessary breath into the night air. He had his rented skates ready to put on and the tickets for two two hour sessions in his pocket. All he needed was his date.

Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Having given some thought to the jacket Ariana would wear, she opted not to don the gift from Asa. She would probably not forgive herself if someone’s skate sliced it up. She wore a simple black winter jacket and a cashmere wrap thrown gently around her neck. Beneath the leather gloves, a new ring was on her right hand. The Lordess still did not quite grasp Californian’s dressing like it was below zero when it was well around fifty degrees. She wore a pair of her black ‘winter’ running pants, which again were for looks if anything. Beneath her coat, a rich eggplant colored blouse peeked out through the neckline.

Ariana had skated here and there back in New York. It was customary to do so at Rockefeller Plaza during the holidays. She was by no means a proficient, but still enjoyed it none the less. Often back then she would make sure some unsuspecting man would notice her having ‘issues’ on the ice, making it so easy to grab a bite later. Mortal men were so predictable sometimes.

Departing from the car as Felix pulled to a stop, she got out with a pair of skates in hand. Her bright blue eyes looking a little to spot the male succubus that was accompanying her this evening. The scent of the concession stand wafted through the air as the copper haired Ventrue found Lance and walked toward the skate benches. “Good evening Mr. Rayner.” Her smile bright and eyes still somewhat shocked at ice in California. “This looks to be fun. It seems like it has been ages since I have done this.” It may have been a slight warning to be ready to catch her, but falling was half the fun.

Blush active of course

l
    ljohnson

Maggie had decided to go and have some time for herself, since she had arrived Sacramento she had found little respite from her settling activities to focus on what she really enjoyed…

Encased in her electric pink jacket that was held in place by a classy black waist belt Maggie could be found in one of the corners of the ring carefully trying to tuck both her feet inside the skates while avoiding getting her black trousers stuck in any part of the process.

After the necessary preparations and adjusting her wild pink scarf to cover her neck she was ready to dare venture inside the slippery light blue surface of the ring.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The load roar of a stopping car announces Alice's arrival. Her brand new cabriolet has its roof opened, the cold wouldn't really harm her anyway. Poor Nicholas. That is her ghoul, the one driving the car. Skating was one of the very few funny things you could do in the Winter. Normally Alice hates slippery surfaces, but not if there is a way to express your elegance on it.

She has her own white skates, fitting her outfit. Around her neck is a beautiful necklace. Of course diamonds can always be worn, but with some ice nearby everything is just perfect.

Alice sees Ariana and Lance as she steps out of her car, and sends a friendly nod their way if one of them turns around. Her beast though, sees someone else, Maggie Xiao . She approaches the new Kindred and smiles friendly, 'Good evening.'

Nicholas stands about two meters away, carrying a sports bag. Three times guessing what could be in it....

Alice
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

l
    ljohnson

Maggie was about to step inside the ring when the abrupt and sudden predatory instinct warned her of the alarming predator. She almost lost her equilibrium over her skates while fighting the urge to run away in the opposite direction.

After grabbing the reins of her Po she takes a look at the fashionable woman in front of her. The source of her distress.
    She then narrows her eyes as if to take a better look at her face, her clothes and her gestures.

Past that Maggie answers in kind to the woman’s polite nudge.
    “Good evening.” She offers, smiling to the woman while maintaining a respectful distance from the superior predator.

S
    Selena

For some fun, if you would like spice it up for skating, please roll Dexterity + Athletics. I know these aren't ST run threads, but that was the plan for Lance and Ariana

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell was not entirely certain what possessed her to come along to an ice rink that evening; she couldn't even dance without looking like a drunken chicken, in her highly critical opinion, so actually attempting to move in any graceful way upon a slippery surface was unlikely for the Haunt. That she had invited @Jennifer Hazelton along as witness to her eventual gracelessness was even more illogical.

Thomas had told her that amusing ice skating anecdotes were what Christmas and New Years was made of, and when retold at a later date would be more hilarious than humiliating. Despite herself, the Haunt was looking forward to attempting to ice skate. It was a recent rediscovery that she liked to try new things, and this wasn't usually very her.

Josephine parked her car and, for a moment simply watched the people skating up ahead. Her Beast simultaneoulsy paced around furiously, alterting her to the presence of other Kindred and wanting to wreak havoc. She gave a small wave in Ariana's direction, and a nod to those she is less or not-at-all familiar with.

ಠ_ಠ
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-02 23:56:31 lance rolls 5 to Dex4+Ath1 (10 Again) 7, 3, 2, 6, 5 failure

Lance smiles at Ariana's arrival, making him look almost a decade younger. "Miss Donovan, thank you for coming." He takes her hand and leads her to the ice rink where the pair get their skates on and step onto the ice. The feel of the other beasts in the area is bracing, like an ice cube used creatively during a moment of passion, but Lance has other things on his mind.

He steps onto the ice full of confidence in his own talent. "Actually I've never skated before. It doesn't look too hard." Moments after he says this, his face falls apart at the same rate as his balance. Giving out an undignified squak, his skates loose traction on the ice and he falls, like every single ice skater in the history of mankind. He looks around, the confused look of a household pet that has suddenly been sprayed by a spray bottle for doing something wrong, not yet sure what happened.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

After the skates were laced she had glanced around the outside of the rink and spotted Alice and Josephine as she saw them arrive. She smiled to both of them; it was a wonderful night to go skating. She turned to Lance as he spoke. “Of course, I was delighted by the idea. It has been quite some time since I have done this myself.” The Lordess smiled and closed in on the rink with him. Despite the gloved hand, her beast ran around inside at its equal taking her own hand.

“Well, I am here if you need….” As they took to the ice, Ariana stepped on with ease as Lance’s hand suddenly let go of hers and a look of shock flew over face. Her mouth opened wide in reaction to the sudden fall upon the ice from the very tall male. She quickly cupped her mouth, trying to hide her snicker as her eyebrows closed together with concern. “...need ...assistance.” Her words slipped through her covered mouth as she stifled her giggle.

She had skated only a foot or so away, and turned back bending down a little to the alluring male Daeva. Ariana put out her hand. “I am probably not the one who should be instructing you in this, but I will do my best to help you.” There was remorse in her smile, mainly from laughing. “I apologize, I was not expecting that.” Her shoulders moved together as she still kept trying to hold back her laugh. Sometimes gravity simply gets the best of vampires.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-03 00:08:52 Ariana rolls 5 to Dex 3 +Ath2 (10 Again) 5, 7, 8, 8, 3 2 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-03 01:39:14 lance rolls 4 to Dex4+Ath1-1 (10 Again) 8, 7, 4, 7 1 success
    Lance takes her hand and pushes himself up from the ice, carefully regaining his balance. His face is a mask of concentration - you can tell because he's got the tip of his tongue sticking out of his mouth and his game face on. "No no, I've.. yes I think I've got this." There's a moment of uncertainty, but it quickly passes.

He shakes his head at the apology. "No Miss Donovan, don't worry about it. If I didn't want to look silly I shouldn't have said something like 'it doesn't look too hard'. That's just begging for something to happen. I would appreciate any tips you'd be willing to share, if you please."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread