Eugene Oregon, 1934.
"No its not us I promise you man. We just were passing through. There's no way we were those guys. I mean look at us, me and uncle Damos, we're just guys."
David nodded, putting a protective hand on Joshua's shoulder, even as he stared down the certain death that was the Vampire in front of them. There were perks to being a Ghoul. Eternity, steady job, meeting interesting people. The downsides, namely going where it wasn't safe and doing things that were mildly lethal, did put a damper on things.
"I'm not sure what you are after sir, but please leave us alone." David adds, knowing exactly what the hound wants and knowing that as long as he keeps Joshua between him and the Vampire, the chalice wasn't visible.
"I don't like you two, and I don't trust you. You two are hiding something. What is it?"
Goddess, why do your trials so often include deadly claws and throats.
"Ok fine, you got us. Don't hurt us ok? We're not that bad. We're bounty hunters. A guy named David Silver, short, fat, ugly fellow stole something from the Portland Mesuem."
"Silver huh? Well, there ain't no Silver here. Now both of you, get out."
David and Joshua left, David glaring at Joshua like he wanted to set him on fire, Joshua grinning like he'd won the lottery.