Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Civilized Presentation

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

A silver Honda Shadow cruised slowly in front of the Avalon nightclub, casing out the place before its pilot would stop. Looking over its front, checking the sightlines and escape routes, James Calloway decided the place was safe. At least, as safe as any vampire bar can get... His rational mind was reasonably certain that he would be in and out just fine, but suspicion always nipped at the Gangrel's heels like a constant, albeit annoying, companion. It was the yappy little chihuahua in his mind, always present, dogging his heels, always screaming, IT'S A TRAP like some kind of very persistent internal Admiral Ackbar.

James had come to the conclusion he ought to talk to a professional about it long ago.

He wore his sharpest clothes, noting that the Domain presentation was something very important for the future of any Kindred. He ought to know; this was his seventh in the last fourty years. Working his way up and down the coast from Vancouver to Los Angeles and back, he had decided it was time to go somewhere new after being in the wrong place at the wrong time in June of 2011. His Haven had been near the Vancouver Art Gallery during the Stanley Cup Riots. Fires all around, vampire just waking up; needless to say, it was a bad scene. Making his way down the coast again, he had found his way to Sacremento. It was somewhere new, somewhere he could make a new (un)life for himself.

So tonight, it was time to do what had to be done: he would present himself to the Herald, hoping for acknowledgement.

He parked the Shadow by the curb a block down from the club, and strolled in, dusting himself off slightly. He wore a half-decent pair of denim Levi's, and a comfortable form-fitting black dress shirt, and a pair of black leather dress shoes. It wasn't much, but it was what the Gangrel had right now.

Strolling toward the doors and keeping an eye out for trouble with an easy smile on his face, he entered the Avalon. He had no idea what to expect, but one thing was for certain: it was sure to be fun. His Beast kicked into overdrive in its cage, the Savage within shoulder-checking the bars as his Discipline kicked in. There was no Beast that could cow his own. The Beast within him was a foaming, rampaging rhinoceros with rocket launchers on its shoulders.

He surveyed the scene with a small smile on belied the aforementioned combat rhinoceros inside of him. It was time to meet the Herald.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

...But the Herald is not the first Kindred James Calloway encounters, though for all he knows it might be. The Beast he encounters is just as strong, just as angry, and just as proud. It growls with three canine voices borne of hellfire; snorting sulfuric ash with six nostrils.

It wants blood.

Especially from one who might prove a challenge.

But Dillon Connery pulls taut the leash to the collars of his demon dog. This is public, and he is a Deputy. The law he is sworn to uphold places high value on the First Tradition, which would surely be broken if he frenzied on a newblood in the mddle of the bouncing and jiving.

Martha isn't far away, but in addition to her safety, Dillon's job is to meet newcomers and point them in the right direction. With that in mind, he strolls casually over to the new face with a friendly, lopsided grin that most certainly does not match the monster within.

Tonight, the Gangrel Priscus wears only a black button down shirt and nice jeans, with a very worn pair of black boots.

"Welcome to the Avalon." The subtext is clear. Don't break the Masq with you words, please.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Rocket launcher rhinoceros roared its challenge to hellhound, only to be yanked back by the chain around its neck and slammed back into its metal cage. Greetings, equal.

But Jim knew that here, he was subordinate. He turned to the man and offered him a very human handshake. After all, they had to keep up appearances around the kine. "Thank you, sir. I'm James. I understand this place is the best nightlife in town?" He hoped that the other Kindred would understand the subtle code of a vampire looking for Elysium.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha had been working and was intending to be en route to The Ember. She skipped playfully from her Chamber, smiling to herself as she gently clutched to her chest several unmarked envelopes which are large enough to hold 8x10 glossy photographs. Her twin tails bob as she limping skips across the Court area and makes her way happily towards The Stairs. Her C-Leg's action is put only to modest test by this.

Her Beast growled in sudden complaint. Pausing in her movement, she frowned and gripped the envelopes tightly. Watching the handsome stranger meeting with Dillon with wide eyes and great care.

Martha appears to be in her late teens to early twenties. The small lady stands meek and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip showing her slender leg to mid calf...her blonde hair is tied into neat twin tails, each with a large red ribbon bow. A swift glance would shows that her left leg is obviously a new prosthetic...one of the robotic style C-Leg designs. The small creature wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Oxford pattern shoes. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel over one shoulder and a simple metal walking cane under one arm. Youthful, pretty in an English Rose sort of way, she seems to shun obvious cosmetics.

She emits no Beast and her presence seems almost palpably sweet and innocent.

A few moments is all it took to lift her frown as she grapples with her Beast. Bringing it to control, Martha replaces her scowl with a genuine smile. Her English accent chirps merrily, "Good evening, sir! How do you do?" she asks, all sweet and innocent as she limps closer, using her cane to help her.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon's smile twitches a little wider as he meets the handshake with a firm grip and a single downward tug. Nothing crushing, or competing for masculinity. Only Dillon's claws could compete with the message his Beast had already delivered, and this James fellow hasn't earned that kind of show. "I'm Dillon. Dillon Connery. And you have indeed come to one of the best nightspots in town."

He is about to proceed when Martha slips up to them. Not feeling her Beast isn't new to Dillon, but she still nearly spooks him. He turns to her and gives her innocence a playful quirk of his eyebrow. "Well hello there, ma'am," he says neutrally, pretending that her greeting is for the both of them.

Every instinct as a gentleman screamed for him to introduce the Herald, as properly as they could for the current surroundings, but who could turn down the chance to gauge the new fellow's wit, or deny Martha a potential game?
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

The small girl that joyfully skipped in their direction was scanned by the Beast within. If it had a head, it stared down the little Englishwoman... then sniffed once. Nothing to see here. Move along. But the Man knew better. If Dillon was calling her 'ma'am' then she was likely his superior, or so the logic went in Jim's mind. Vampires had all manner of tricks; why not one that could hide the fact that she was Kindred, the roaring of her own internal monster never leaving the walls of what was a soundproof prison? But he had no idea what that meant here, if Dillon was a cronie and she a minor landlord or if he was the Seneschal and she was the Prince. Regardless, Jim was respectful and smiled at her. "Good evening, miss. I'm doing well, thank you. I just met Mr. Connery here and he was telling me that the Avalon was the best night spot in town."

He offered her his hand, a lighter gesture than when he had done it for Dillon to reflect his audience, and said, "I'm James Calloway. I've just arrived in Sacramento by way of Vancouver. Pleased to meet you, Miss...?" He left it open, hoping she would introduce herself.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Villiers, Miss Martha Villiers." she chirps in friendly and enthusiastic reply, all wide eyed. She pauses to adjust her spectacles before adding, and tucking the envelopes into her satchel, talking cheerily as she does so; "Miss." she adds for clarity, with a friendly smile and a giggle, "Miss, never ever Ms. Well, Mr Calloway, Mr Connery is kind to suggest it is the premier nightspot in town. Though I would also recommend The Ember, the Lily, the Reverence and...should your tastes run to the more exotic...the Asylum." she smiles and limping steps a few paces closer. Still all smiles. "Vancouver?" she says, as if pondering in her minds-eye the complex journey needed to travel across country. "Goodness, sir! That is quite some travel! I daresay you have many stories to tell us both of that particular voyage!" she smiles, toys with her spectacles again for a moment before beckoning Dillon and James deeper into the Avalon basement area. With a brief and gentle wave of her cane she points to the couches over in the seating area. "Perhaps, Mr Calloway, you would wish to be seated? I daresay the three of us may converse more happily there. Would that be to your liking, sir?" she invites with a happy and sincere smile.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

James Calloway smiled at her in spite of himself, her sincerity and seemingly happy outlook somewhat contagious, and said, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Villiers! You can call me Jim, if it would please you... And a seat would be lovely. It was a long trip, though I would be happy to share highlights if you'd like. And I do like this place," he remarked, enjoying the ambiance. It seemed heavy, but he didn't mind at all.

He followed her lead, sitting if and when she sat. He leaned back into the seat, not appearing sloppy but attempting to be comfortable. He was sore still from the three night road trip on a motorcycle. However, he made his best efforts; Jim Calloway was not one to grouse over a sore behind.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nodded. Clearly pleased by his acceptance of the invitation to sit. Using her cane to help her, she limped and skipped cheerfully over to the couches and carefully sat down. Her twin tails bob too.

Smiling broadly to herself as she seemed to enjoy the actual sitting motion. She watched the action of her C-Leg's ankle joint at work as she did so. Sharing her smile to Jim and Dillon once she was sat. Allowing time for Jim to settle in before she spoke again. She rested her simple metal cane neatly across her lap.

Once everyone is sat, she continues, her tone remains friendly. "Well, sir...Jim...I take it you wish to be a candidate for Acknowledgement...to receive permission to Feed and reside in the Domain? If so, I can certainly help with that...you see, I am Mistress Keeper of this Elysia and also, I have the honour to be the Herald to His Grace the Alder Duke Asa Clarke, the Invictus Prince of this Domain." she remains friendly, but she nods her head in respect as she mentions the Prince by name. "As such, the process to follow next, sir, is straightforward. I shall test your Auric emanations through the power of Auspex..." and here she daintily adjusts her spectacles on the end of her nose, "That is a precautionary measure, Jim, to help with the security of the Domain. It may seem rude, but I assure you I truly mean no insult by it: only the protection of realm security! Once we are dome with that, I shall be glad to show you a presentation regarding our Laws and the local structure of the City Court Officers and other senior persons...and then I shall, if you wish to remain and if you find the local Laws acceptable, invite you to swear an Oath of Fealty. If all goes well, that she mark your Acknowledgement. Feeding Rights to the Communal Feeding Zone are thereby automatically offered,..other rights of Tenancy and Feeding elsewhere will need to be discussed." she smiled, stroked one of her long blonde twin tails as she studied Jim for a moment. Letting him think about her words a moment. "Now, sir...do you have any immediate questions?" she smiles, all wide eyed and sincere in her merry attitude.

Jim smiled at her. So this was the Herald of the Domain. He was pleased to have found her fairly easily. The Domain being heavily Invictus did not worry him too much; he was a useful man and his first priority was the safety and integrity of the city in which he resided. He was certain he would work just fine for Prince Clarke. He listened carefully, then said, "You are correct in your assessment; I would indeed like to be acknowledged. And no offense taken, Herald Villiers -- I certainly understand the need for security and would be pleased to be scanned at any time you see fit. In fact, it is very kind of you to tell me that you intend to do so in advance. Thank you for that."

"As for questions, at this point, I think I will reserve any that I may have for the presentation; I suspect it will answer the plain ones that most would frequently ask and your time is undoubtedly valuable. Would it be acceptable for me to inquire if I have any after your presentation?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread