Holiday Charity (Open)

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

She stops eating and sits up, making sure to swallow before answering. "Ah. Well, there's two reasons. One, I just moved cross country on a limited budget, and two, this place came recommended." She focuses on slowing down, puzzling over what he meant by jobs being easy to find, before settling into an annoyed grumble and explaining her main problem there: "Got kicked out of my dad's house before I graduated High school, never got the opportunity to get my GED. Fucking sick of three part time jobs and being a hired 'brute in one of them always. Thinking of learning a trade."

V
    Vice

"Really? That's a bit too bad. You look like someone who could handle herself, and please don't take that as an insult. If you need money to save up for some sort of school, I'm more than happy to offer you a job." He quieted for a moment and seemed to contemplate his food before continuing. "It's not safe, by any means, but it'll get you something for a while."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

OOC

"Taking care of myself isn't a problem. As for accepting your proposal, it honestly depends on what you do. I've been taken in by business dealings before. Plus, ya know, there's the whole thing of you just implied you wanted to hire me for my physical skills, not an issue in itself, but you're eating here. That means you're not a club owner looking for a bouncer, and the chances of you being a homeless billionaire are pretty damn slim. Gym owner looking for an instructor, no, that implies you'd be making a steady income, and, again here." She points downward with her fork and meets Goatherd's eyes. "So what do you do and why is business bad enough that you're here."

R
    Red Dragon

Perhaps he's rich because he's economical to the point where he eats here rather than fancy restaurants
    quipped Giles as he stepped in. He had finished ladling out the soup, and had managed to get to the table to hear Clare's words to goatherd. That will certainly save a lot of money

I'm Giles, by the way. And I don't mean to be bossy...but I recommend you don't discuss the details of the job here. The walls have ears.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare looks up as Giles joins them, and wonders about his point. Yeah, business might not be the best thing to discuss in a public soup kitchen. She just shrugs and wraps up with goatherd's business for now: "Later then. But I want to know the answers to those questions before I even seriously entertain accepting a job. I'm Clare Green, good to meet you Giles. Fantastic food."

R
    Red Dragon

Giles chuckled. Thank you. I do my best said Giles. A whiff of spring fragrance seemed to come from him as he pushed his chair closer to the other two.
    It's definitely good to know that there are people like you in this city he said, careful not to mention anything specific. If either of you know where I could find...where people like us hang out, well, I'd be very grateful

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I'm no help there. Just moved in not too long ago and piecing things together myself. I've been walking around alot, taking note of where I see the right things, ya know?" She shrugs, and nods to Goatherd (( Vice , Yo, you okay?)). "By the sound of it, Goatherd would know more."

V
    Vice

"And she'd be right," he replied. "I'm not in the best graces with others, but I can point you in the right direction if you need group support. I assume that's what you're looking for, yes?" Goatherd quickly scanned the room to ensure they weren't being overheard by anyone.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-11 09:23:04 Vice rolls 6 to Wits+Composure (Perception) (10 Again) 4, 10, 6, 3, 2, 6, 6 1 success

R
    Red Dragon

Giles leaned in. That is exactly what I am looking for He said. If you can pass that information on, I would be very greatful

As Goatherd does a quick scan, he notices that people around them are too busy minding their own business and enjoying the food.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.