Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Prefect Invite

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

Lance Rayner receives a written invitation, or summons depending on your point of view. The invitation is a black envelope with a Silver Wax seal.

Prefect Lance Rayner,

Your presence is requested for a meeting with Reeve Conner Greyson at {{Insert time here}} on the {{Insert date here}} of January 2012 at his office.

With Respect,

Mister Soldier Conner Greyson,
    Reeve of Sacramento,
    Priscus of Shadows,
    Regent of the Tenurial Domain of Florin

The first thought that goes through Lance's head is "Oh fuck what happened now?" It (probably) can't be a new Carthian that blew through the domain and insulted the wrong people, if it was he wouldn't get such a well written invitation.

Probably.

He quickly pens out a response to be delivered.

Mister Soldier Conner Greyson, Reeve of Sacramento, Priscus of Shadows, Regent of the Tenurial Domain of Florin

I am of course always at the disposal of the Domain's officials.

Sincerely,
    Prefect L.Rayner

Hoping the Reeve doesn't take that as in invitation to dispose of him, Lance has the reply delivered.

On the appointed night and time

Lance, dressed in a suit (because this is Court and even if he was walking into an interrogation followed by summary execution because his Covenant was full of morons that can't be trusted to not make a fool of themselves regularly, he had standards), knocks on the Reeve's door at precisely the correct time.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

C
    Conner Greyson

The office door opens and a Sexy Girl Next door stands there and bows her head. It seems that Conner had gotten Cheyenne Holloway a makeover.

"Prefect Rayner. Come in."
    Conner says gesturing from behind his desk. He was looking at a tablet PC. Flipping a finger across it. He did not look up from his work as he felt the beast of the Carthian at his doorway. On the left wall of the Mekhet's office was a Map of the City of Sacramento on a very expensive, well matted frame.

Lance gives Cheyenne a kindly dip of the head that tries to be formal without being condescending. "Thank you ma'am."

Stepping into the office and not being bathed in the other vampire's beast was somewhat disconcerting, brushing aside the strange non-feeling he enters but does not sit, assuming there's a place for him to do so. "Reeve Greyson, how can I be of service tonight?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner does not look up from his reading, "Prefect Rayner, thank you for accepting my invitation this evening."

Conner pauses for a moment and then sets down his tablet, which Cheyenne quickly scoops up and begins using, before turning to the Prefect. "How much are you aware of the Movements History in the His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke's domain?"

Well this was to be an audience then. Lance furrows his brow slightly before answering. "The Movement allied with the Sanctum and the Ordo at some point to overthrow a previous Prince, then the alliance fell apart. Shortly thereafter the new Prefect either went insane or his insanity was merely brought to light and he was executed. Since then the movement has scraped by only barely managing to avoid becoming extinct here because the Kindred masochists have to have some place they're welcomed with open arms." His voice turns a shade sardonic as he continues. "If there has been any rousing success between then and now, every member of the movement I've met has been unaware of it."

C
    Conner Greyson

"Gabrial Marcus, Executed due to risking the Masquerade. Jack Bennett, Unlawfully Sired a Childe and was Bloodhunted. Those are the two who stand out, but this domain has had others." Conner pauses for a moment. "I do not tell you this to belittle or speak ill of your political choices. I tell you this so you, like your predecessor, will be sure to not repeat the mistakes of the past." Conner thought of his conversations with Miss Maskelyne and hoped that she had found what she was looking for.

"Prefect Rayner, may I ask you a personal question. A question you may, of course, choose not to answer. It is a simple question and one I hoped to ask your predecessor but did not get the chance."

As useful as the warnings might be, they were pointless. Lance had no desire to risk the Masquerade and even less desire to Sire a Childe. He had a terminal case of impatience when it comes to taking care of people.

Lance crosses his arms but makes a please continue gesture with one hand. "Of course."

C
    Conner Greyson

"Why the Movement. You came to the Domain, unbound to any Covenant. After the Fiasco at the Dragon Chapter house and Miss Cardoso's disappearance, you found your way to the Movement. Why?" Conner asked looking into the Daeva's eyes.

Flatly, Lance answers. "I saw potential in the Movement. Potential that a scorched neonate recently accused of murder who's support network had either been ashed or fled the city could not reasonably find in any other Covenant."

Lance pauses. "Not without begging at lest." His tone makes it abundantly clear what he thinks of begging.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.