Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
An Evening at Theater (Attn: Mariel)

J
    Jak

((See http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?t=962&referrerid=79 for a picture of his clothes for the evening.

Alastair finishes buttoning up his shirt and slips his long brown coat on. He looks over at his rosary, lying on his desk where he had left it after praying. It was nice to have all of his things back, after spending his first few nights at Mariel's place in a bare-walled empty room.

He walked across the hall to Mariel's room, and knocked gently. It was early, and he didn't want to startle her if she wasn't awake yet. Miss Mariel? Would you like to go see a play? I bought you a ticket.

J
    Jak

((Sorry. I messed up the url tag. Here is Alastair's description page.))

Come on in, called Mariel, who was still lounging in bed. What kind of play? Should I dress up?

J
    Jak

Having lived with Mariel for a while now, he is no longer embarrassed by finding her still in bed. Or her unsolicited kisses... Not that I mind anymore.

Alastair holds out his arms, to indicate his own outfit.I'm not dressing up much. It's a small theater, over by Oak Park, with a black box theater. It's a chamber play, The Ghost Sonata by August Strindberg. He thinks of the play's bizarre atmosphere, surreal beauty, and illicit romances. You'll like it, he says with a small smile. You certainly don't have to go if you don't want to. If you're looking for a reason to dress up, try not to take too long. The theater doesn't run on a Kindred's schedule.

Ok, darlin'. Give me 10 minutes. Mariel stands in front of the closet for a moment, pulling out a favorite dress. You like? she asks, not waiting for an answer.

Quickly pulling her long scarlet hair into a chignon, she slid into heels. Voila!

J
    Jak

Yes, that looks nice, Miss Mariel. The place is called The Rose Theater and Gallery. It's by Oak Park, on 40th Street. Do you mind driving? I think we'd miss the opening if we walk.

((Continued here: The Rose Theater and Gallery in Danse Macabre))

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.