Watch

Werewolf Recruitment, Take IX

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Moon is Crescent

Fremont Park is a place of grave importance for the Uratha of Sacramento. For what it contains, for what has happened there, and for what it is. The Tur, a neutral ground where all werewolves could come, no matter their pack ties, to discuss the matters of the city. The Tur lines cast a vast, interlocking web that stretches through the city, calling newcomers to come and seek out a place in a pack. Luna shines down on all of them. Surely, this is all a part of her inscrutable plans.

As usual, this thread is for recruitment. 1 member of any given pack, please.

PRE

The winter cold bit into Nieves's furless skin, causing goosebumps to form on its surface. The wind went right threw her small lithe body, wrapped in a large faux leather jacket with a fur-lined hood. It looked too big for her, like it was sized for a man, looked like it was pretty worn and beat up too if you took a good look at it. It wasn't that it was incredibly cold, though, just that she was used to warmer weather in L.A. The jacket she had swiped from a holiday charity service. If they were handing them out to the homeless they might as well give them to her. After all she was homeless.

Beneath the leather exterior was a pretty young woman, or at least she would have been if her dark hair wasn't matted, her light-tanned skin wasn't crusted with dust and dirt, and her pearly whites weren't bathed in breath that smelled of $2 burgers. She didn't care, she never did concern herself with appearances much anymore. It was all about survival, something that was becoming more and more difficult each passing day. She accepted what she was, accepted that there were others out there too. Hell, she accepted that she walked past this damn park every day smelling their stanky-assed scents stinking up the place, reminding eeeeeveryone that they owned it. Okay okay, we get it, werewolf country, ya don't have to piss on the bushes like a damn dog.

Nieves was a ghost wolf. She had no tribe, no pack, no nothin, and until recently that was fine. But she wasn't stupid. Well...she was mostly stupid, but she wasn't that stupid. Ain't no one who likes living who'll hunt solo around here. She needed a pack, she needed help. And the list just went on from there. She strolled up to the center of the park and put her hands on her hips, unzipping her jacket and throwing it over her shoulder. She looked around and called out bodly, "Don't think I don't know you're out there, pups. I can smell the piss on your pant legs!" Her head raised and scanning the treeline with a fierce stare. Without the coat, witnesses could now see the grungy tank top and brown cargo pants she wore. The pant bottoms tied-in close to her ankles above worn tennis shoes, making them billow out around the calf.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale had been walking up to the park that was known as the Tur to the local Uratha in Sacramento. He figured today was a good day to meet some of the other locals, and maybe some new arrivals. The Rahu had only been around the area for a few months, but he had been lucky enough to find a pack that had welcomed him not long after his arrival.

While he strolled up to the park, his nose caught a faint scent in the air. It was definitely another Uratha, but it was not a scent he recognized. Then again, his senses were not as sharp when he was in Hishu. The only way to find out who was hanging out around the area was to follow the scent to its source, so Dale decided to do just that.

Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-28 21:48:57 Dale Hunt rolls 6 to Wits + Composure to sniff out nearby Uratha (10 Again) 3, 4, 4, 3, 9, 1 1 success

As he got closer to the source, he spotted a figure. He was unsure whether it was male or female at first, but when the jacket came off there was no doubt in his mind that it was a female. Dale continued to walk towards the unfamiliar Uratha and managed to catch her words as he got within a few yards away from her. A sly grin formed across his lips as he heard her talk.

Hmm. She's feisty. This should be interesting.

The Rahu took another couple of steps towards her; and as he approached it became obvious that he was at least a foot taller than her "You should be careful with who you go around calling a pup," he said in a slightly teasing manner. "The name's Dale; Dale Hunt. Haven't seen you around before."

He took a few seconds to study her with his gaze, a slightly amused look in his eyes. "Are you with one of the other local packs? What's your name?"

PRE

Nieves turned at the sound and flashed her teeth with a smile that looked almost creepy if it wasn't framed by soft full lips. She strolled confidently up towards him until they were only a few feet apart before she replied, "Nieves, that's NYAY-VESS," enunciating the Spanish vowels. Too often had she been called "Knives" by northerners and she wasn't about to start correcting people over and over. "And I'm not with any packs, never have been, but I'm looking to join up," she said matter-of-factually without the reverence.

She laughed and turned away for a moment, "So Dale, Hunt is it? What are packs like in Sacramento? I'll tell you right now I don't settle for anything less than the best. And by best I mean 'kicking ass'." Which she demonstrated by pounding her palm with a fist. Why run with a pack at all if was some weak second-place string of lapdogs. She wasn't about to waste her time with some wannabe pendejos.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale watched her with some amusement as she walked up to him, flashing her a grin. "Gotcha. Nieves? As in the Spanish word for snow, right?" Even though he didn't actually speak Spanish, the Rahu had picked up a few words here and there while growing up in LA; it was hard not to. His grin widens as she mentions the fact that she is packless and looking to change that.

Hmm, maybe I can introduce her to Chantay and the rest of the guys. She looks like she may be a good fit, and Chantay probably wouldn't mind another female in the pack with all the testosterone we've got going. Then again, this one is pretty feisty...hmm, we probably share the same Auspice come to think of it.

The Blood Talon couldn't help but letting out a soft chuckle at the gesture she made with her fist. "You into kickin' ass, huh?" His grin widens even more. "Well, I'm all about that." Dale patted his left shoulder twice, pointing out his tattoo and making his tribal affiliation known to her by doing so.

He studied her for a moment with some curiosity. "Well, I've only been here in Sac-town for a few months, but I recently joined up with the ACB...the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood. Yeah, I know its a mouthful, but they are good people...and definitely know how to kick ass." Dale paused for a moment as he thought of what to say next. "Well, I can't really speak for other packs, but all I can tell ya is that I know there's at least two other packs running around the area; the Shadow Seekers and ummm..." he scratched his head for a couple of seconds as he tried to recall the other pack's name, "Heart of Darkness? Yeah, I think that's what they call themselves."

I remember!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-29 15:09:46 Dale Hunt rolls 4 to Intelligence + Composure to recall the other pack he's heard of (10 Again) 9, 7, 6, 2 1 success

The Rahu shrugged nonchalantly. "So what brings ya out here Nieves? And I just gotta ask to make sure I ain't talkin' to no Pure bitch; you a child of Mother Luna?" His tone became more serious as he asked the last question. Even though the Tur was a neutral place for all Uratha, there was no fucking way that Dale was gonna stand around and make small talk with a member of the Pure.

PRE

"Yeah, after Nuestra Señora de las Nieves. I guess cause snow has something to do with purity, hell if I know." She glowered and turned back to him. "Only a few months, eh?" repeated Nieves, her voice laced in disappointment. She was hoping for the big guns, not some runt. Guess she shouldn't expect much since she hadn't really proven herself to these wolves. She listened as Dale went on about the packs. Their names sounded like something akin to gang names, something she had experience with. At least Dale was easy to get information out of. Usually she had to beat someone senseless to get them to talk that much. Loose lips sink ships or something.

She recognized the tattoo, though. Blood Talons. Sweet. He may be chatty but the BT had a reputation as warriors. She wanted to see what the guy was made of, if the Blood Talons were all what the rumors said they were. "Tell ya what, hombre, if you want to know anything about me you'll have to land a punch on me first," locking her eyes on Dale's with equal seriousness. "Otherwise you're not worth my time."

It'd be easy enough just to tell him she was a brat of Luna, but keeping him guessing would mean he wouldn't hold back.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Whatever it was that Nieves said, it was lost in translation. After all, Dale only knew a few Spanish words here and there. "Purity, huh?" He raised an eyebrow at her comment, a puzzled look on his face. "Yeah, before that I was running solo for a bit all over Cali," he said in response.

As the other Uratha locked eyes with him, Dale didn't break eye contact. His expression was serious, but after a few seconds he couldn't help himself anymore and broke out in a bout of laughter. "You must be real new chica." He flashed her a grin. "This park is a Tur, meaning neutral ground, ya know? We gotta respect the peace that must be upheld on these grounds...that's just the way it is."

The Rahu took a step forward and looked down at her. "I'd love to show ya that I am worth your time, but that will have to wait until we take a walk elsewhere." He paused for a moment and gave her a little shrug. "I like your style though. You must have changed under a full moon, or my instincts are way off."

PRE

"Oh," said Nieves blankly. She hadn't thought of that, that the reason Uratha met there so often was because it was neutral territory. She backed off a bit and relaxed, "Well you're right about that much, the moon, I mean." She shuddered at the thought, that initial experience, the rage so saturated in her memories. "I guess people have always considered me a buscar bronca, or a bit...rough around the edges." She gazed up at the crescent moon hovering in the sky between the buildings, diffused through the dim haze like a big smiling grin.

"But thanks," she said finally, "I guess since we can't trade blows here I'll just tell you that I'm Forsaken, so you don't have to worry your pretty head about it. Actually I've been running solo for a couple years now too. Fancy that."

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale seemed to relax once Nieves confirmed she was a Rahu like him. If there was one thing he knew about Pure, apart from all of them being a bunch of crazy sadistic assholes, was that they lacked an Auspice. He gave her an understanding nod as she spoke, remembering his own First Change for a brief moment.

We have it fuckin' rough compared to the others...and then they ask why we are always so fuckin' angry.

His serious expression faded as a small smirk formed across his lips. "You are preachin' to the choir sister," says Dale, trying to lighten up the mood a bit. "I had a pretty tough time as a kid back in high school, and of course things didn't get any easier after the Change." He shrugged casually, "ended up droppin' out and had to leave LA for good after that."

Dale found a strange comfort in speaking with Nieves. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she was not only a Rahu, but she also seemed to have dealt with similar problems to his.

He smiles at her when she finally states to be one of the Forsaken. "I figured as much. From what I've learned during my nomad years and one too many fights against those bastards, only Urdaga have an Auspice. That's one of the things that make us different, among many others of course." He paused for a moment and gave Nieves another nod as she spoke about running solo.

The Blood Talon had tried being a "lone wolf" for about a year after he lost his previous pack. But he had learned his lesson; wolves are pack animals, and running solo for too long slowly drove you insane. "Yeah, the independence is nice at first...but being part of a pack is in our nature, and rejecting our nature does us no good."

PRE

Folding her arms in front of her Nieves took a second look over Dale, this time with more respect and approval perhaps. Still, it was easy to mince words, and the guy seemed to be doing a lot of mincing. "If you say so," she offered dully. "I just need someone to watch my back...ya know" And maybe a place to crash too, she thought grudgingly. Cardboard and paper shreddings did not a comfortable bed make. She still seemed reluctant to tell more about herself to Dale. Whether it was out of embarrassment, caution, or uncertainty that remained to be seen.

"So is this place always so deserted or did I just come on a slow day?" asked Nieves as she glanced around. It was strange, she thought there'd be more wolves around to secure their territory, but maybe there weren't as many as she thought that they couldn't keep tabs on everywhere at once.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.