Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Teacher, please, leave the box alone!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    s
    shadenight123

Francesco Giovanni was waiting for Emma, outside the gym he had given her the address. He wore something completely different from the usual business suit, he looked more like a father, with a big reddish pon-pon hat, a bright red nose from the fake cold given by the blush of life, a tip of white cream against cold on the cheeks, a bright red scarf, a big beige raincoat, underneath which he had a tightly knitted purple pullover, with a santaclaus being driven by the reindeers as a picture drawn in green and yellow.
    He wore gymnastic shoes, and had a box under his hand, his back leaned against the wall, he was letting the big puffs of smoke out of his mouth, as someone who is hotblooded would do with the cold nightly weather.
    He was perfectly upholding the masquerade, he thought. But fashion was clearly going to hate him.

Emma French

PRE

Emma walked up to the meeting place. She was dressed in a sweatshirt, tank top, and stretchy pants. emma sporty.jpg She saw someone she thought looked like Francesco. "Hi, Francesco?" Emma said as if she wasn't sure this was him.

s
    shadenight123

Taking down a little bit the scarf, a small smile on his lips.
    "Hello there; so, how about going in? there's practically nobody at this hour, i'll go through with the procedures, and you can get ready for the ring" Francesco politely hands over the box under his arm to Emma, "didn't know if you had or not the equipment, so this is a spare of boxing gloves."
    Then, depending on Emma's words, he'll let her enter first and head straight for the gym's receptionist.

Emma French

PRE

"Thank you, hadn't thought about the fact I didn't have any." Emma chuckled. "Umm, is there a special way to put these on?" She asks as they head in.

s
    shadenight123

"just a bit of precaution for the fingers, i'll be there in a minute" and, after compiling the usual quantity of paperwork required, Francesco is ready to teach. "Now, i know i ain't the best around, so, i'll just see what you can do, and depending on it, i'll see where we will have to work. It might just as well be that i won't be able to teach you anything." he takes a moment to show her how gloves are actually put, but he doesn't have her put them on yet "that the case, i'll give you a couple of contact numbers of people i know, they might be able to hook you up with a far better trainer" he adds again. No need to beat around the bush: there are certainly better trainers than him, and he's not there to prove the concept wrong.
    He moves to the punch bag. "this is usually filled with sand, now, forget what they tell you in films. You hit this thing without basic training, you end up breaking your wrists. The basic is quite simple. Usually you should run a bit around, jump the cord, all to keep your muscles loose and heated and ready for the training stress." he pauses again, and this time he puts on a different type of glove, this are the receiving ones, they are flatter and clearly not made to punch, just to take hits. "so, put on your gloves and hit this two gloves here. First right, then left, then right. Don't worry about the style, or the footwork, just hit them, and i'll see were we can start"

Emma French

PRE

Emma instinctively led with the heal of her hand like she does in kung fu. Then she swung her leg up in a round-about kick. All landing on the pads held by Francesco.

s
    shadenight123

Francesco smiled, warmly, but that was probably due to the blush of life.
    "those were pretty strong hits. I must admit i have nothing i could teach you more than the basics of how to actually fight with boxing, instead of your martial art...you should clearly look for somebody more experienced than me..." he said that calmly, as he started removing the boxing pads. Nothing more than that. After all, he had just seen a nice well done kick, the footwork was already there, just needed a bit of re-arrangement, but she was clearly leagues away from him.
    "i'm afraid i have nothing to actually teach you, you're pretty much all set by yourself."

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled at the compliment. She thought about all the things she didn't know. There were things he knew that she didn't know. "Thank you for your kind words Francesco. But there are so many things I don't know. I can't throw a punch, not a real one without possibly breaking my hand. And then there is the... ummm...less desirable side of life." Emma lowered her voice so as not to be over heard. "I have always been with middle to upper circles of ... uggg this is coming out all wrong. Sorry I sound really dumb right now so I will just spit it out. I am terrible when it comes to surviving on the street or with a more criminal element. Not that I think you are a criminal but you seem to know something about them. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the illegal boxing matches...." Emma stopped talking. She realized she was talking herself into a hole. But she stood firm and kept eye contact with Francesco. He probably thought she thought the worst of him. "Listen, I could just take off the gloves and maybe we could try a sparing match or something. I don't know. Just, I don't know what do you think?" This is why Emma never spoke much. She was always putting her foot in her mouth.

s
    shadenight123

Francesco smiled, gently laughing with a hand in front of his mouth.
    "there is no such thing as a dumb word, or sentence. There is just what you want to send across, and what you want to hear." he replied smiling.
    "Every thing has a reason, a cause, and a consequence. This is the basic. I'm sure you'd be an excellent sparring match, if it's what you wish, i'll show you the ropes of the streets, if you want. Just ask, if i know, i'll gladly teach. Family is family, after all." he added the last sentence warmly. Now, where did the rambling fool at the gangrel meeting go?

Emma French

PRE

"I would live you to show me the ropes of the street. If there is anything I might offer in return..." Emma had some skills that could be useful. She stiffed a small laugh as she thought about how much Francesco talked and talked and talked in the meeting, yet he was so subdue and gentlemanly here. A little odd? Emma decided to find out more about this man, but questions could wait. She had a good work out to engage in and some lessons to learn. Her muscles did ache to be used and perhaps he was just the man to keep up with her.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.