Ended
Watch
121 - 130
DISPLAYED
The Book & the Bullet

Page 13 of 16 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Last
    L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi is still playing with the pen, tapping gently with it to see if it is glued or somehow stuck, even his eyes did not spot anything. For prudence, he looks again, looking for possible troubles. He then stops for a moment and looks at Aenigma, with a matter-of-fact face.

/[Not pretty sure, but there is a paper with pen ink. It could be anything, really.]

He then returns to his attempt with the same curiosity, tempered by prudence. The book is kept over the table, kept up by the left hand. With the right hand he guides the pen, inside the hole. He smiles, then he returns serious.

/[Eh, Ok... Just to be curious, what did you sorted out with your scrying attempt, any interesting details?]

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Hmm, a hidden message perhaps? Maybe we've been looking in all the wrong places...

Aenigma gives Mr. Rossi a nod. "Well, I'm glad you spotted it. Once Miach gets back with the tweezers, you'll be able to get it out without much trouble I'm sure," he says to his fellow Mystagogue.

He takes another sip from his drink, clearing his throat afterwards. "It wasn't too clear to be honest. I found the gun in what appeared to be a basement of sorts," he says in response to the question*. "The gun was lying flat on a small dinner table; along with some pizza boxes, dirty dishes, and littered envelopes. I also caught a glimpse of a door of what looked to be an old refrigerator or something of the sort."

In the work room

Since the piece of paper is folded, Mr. Rossi makes quick work of dislodging it from its hiding place in the binding using just the pen. The paper seems to be from a yellow notepad as it tumbles onto the table, but otherwise feels rather crisp and new relative to the apparent age of the book.

Front desk

Gina looks quizzically at the Acanthus. "Aren't there tweezers in the room? This is a museum, after all."
    "Pryde": Presence 2, Status (Mysterium) 1, WP = Full, Mana = 5
    [Herald] Active Spells (1 on Pattern): Sybil's Sight (Pot.2, self)

Miach

PRE

Miach would have facepalmed if he had not been in front of Gina. Instead he tried his best poker face, and answered Not that I could find, but maybe I looked in the wrong place. Where would it be ? In the desk ?

Once she nodded in approval with a barely suppressed "I-said-you-so" roll of the eyes, the Acanthus darted back up into the room, just in time to see M.Rossi dislodging the paper.

So ??

L
    LoneRanger

/[So what? Was she nice?]...Mr Rossi asks that with an innocient smile as Miach rush in. There it is, ball out of the hole.

He passes the book to Aenigma, with one hand, placing the pen in front of him. What could be written in such a post it kind of paper?
    /[Could be anything...]
    An answer bringing more questions?*?

While opening the piece of paper to read it...
    /[Ah! Aenigma, you mentioned the presence of envelopes. Generally, if I am not misunderstood... They have adresses on it, and names; I was wondering... Could you focus on that?!?
    oO( Also... rusty old fridges... Old abandoned areas?)

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma sets the book down in front of him, watching as Mr. Rossi unfolds the secret note. The young Mystagogue is curious to see what it may say, and whether it will give them further clues as to why the book was brought here, and why the messenger was attacked.

"There was some writing on the envelopes, but I didn't get much of a chance to read it," he says in response to his colleague's question. "If you hand the bullet back to me I can give it another try. I'll focus my attention on the envelopes, but I cannot be distracted while scrying, or the spell will be interrupted."

There's a brief pause.

"But before I do that...what does the note say?" he asks, hoping that it may shed some light on the matter of their investigation.

L
    LoneRanger

/[There it is, read it for yourself.I've got something else to do.]

This said, mr. Rossi leaves the scene.

Miach

PRE

Stunned by The Question's reaction, Miach first reflex was to try and stop him. Who would stop now before reading the note just in front of his eyes ?

Hey ?!

Then, he stopped. If the man had said he had someplace else to be, who was he to stop him ? He would probably like to be debriefed later, though, so the Acanthus would have to focus on remembering the facts from now on. Hopefully, he would manage to get an explanation too, if it wasn't too private a matter that had led M.Rossi urgently away.

Anyway, Miach focused back on the note that Aenigma had taken, and waited for the young Warlock to read it.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma raises an eyebrow at Mr. Rossi's sudden departure. He shakes his head slightly and then picks up the note, studying it closely before reading its contents.

What could've been so important...to leave in the middle of an investigation like that?

ST

Upon opening the piece of notepad paper, they read the following script:

Quote Originally posted by Piece of paper:
    I have sent this book with my newest inductee because our ears have heard tell of three more books in this series having turned up in Sacramento. Because each book is the only of its kind, they sell very well, and collections sell even better. These need to be brought into our custody because they tend to produce more enemies to our people than allies of those whose eyes are opened by reading them without any guidance.

Best of luck,

-Hierophant Hermes
    "Pryde": Presence 2, Status (Mysterium) 1, WP = Full, Mana = 5
    [Herald] Active Spells (1 on Pattern): Sybil's Sight (Pot.2, self)

Page 13 of 16 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Last
Closed Thread