Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1112) Technique and Rellim

Technique

Technique nods thankfully as he lets Rellim Tyler Durden his cigarette. "Thanks. Well, perhaps we should start with introductions." The latino acanthus starts walking up the sidewalk, away from the bookstore. "Dont worry, were just looping the block. I am Councillor Technique. You may call me either, or both, but not Tech until we are more than just a couple of guys walking the same Path."

d
    dragonfett

Technique nods thankfully as he lets Rellim Tyler Durden his cigarette. "Thanks. Well, perhaps we should start with introductions." The latino acanthus starts walking up the sidewalk, away from the bookstore. "Dont worry, were just looping the block. I am Councillor Technique. You may call me either, or both, but not Tech until we are more than just a couple of guys walking the same Path."
    "So just how much safer is it to talk out here than is it in there?" Rellim gives the councilor a moment to respond before continuing, walking with the cigarette in his right hand and his left hand stuck up to the thumb in his pocket. "In addition to my path, I am also a Libertine. I am currently staying over at the Hostel until I can find a more permanent living arrangements. Not that staying there is bad or anything, I just don't feel quite as secure there. Perhaps if I were allowed to make a couple small modifications it wouldn't be so bad."

Technique

"Uh..." The councillor pauses, unsure how to take the question. "Well, it might just be my profession, but i dont consider many places in Sacramento 'safe', and who the fuck knows whose listening where?" He gestures around the sidewalk and street, not densely populated and 'luckily' enough no Sleepers were coming close enough to overhear. It was very subtle, but there were hints of fate magic colluding with where the other sleepers were actually wanting to walk, anyway. "Libertine, huh? You met Councillor Rosh yet?" Remember. Must address him as Councillor in front of new people. Proper decorum. God, that must drive Rosh nuts anyway....

Shifting the Odds
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-23 16:51:11 Technique rolls 8 to shifting the odds (10 Again) 1, 10, 8, 6, 7, 9, 8, 3, 1 4 successes

d
    dragonfett

"Yeah, I already talked with him. So in your professional opinion, what are the worst parts of town that I should avoid?" Rellim replies.

Technique

"Bell Building." He says almost without hesitation. Theres a buzzing in the Acanthus' pocket, and he pulls out his smartphone. "Tower Bridge.....might be dangerous. I dont know." He says this, even as he taps out a message and puts the phone away. His New York fast-clipped pace almost impercievably, impatiently speeds up. "I wouldnt go there without atleast expecting some sort of trouble....supernal or otherwise." He burns the cigarette down with a couple more puffs, careful to try and keep the smoke from getting into the suit. Whats most odd about his dress is that, although he is in a suit, those sure as fuck are combat boots. "I dont really think anywhere is safe, though, if you want me to be really serious." His eyes, almost unconciously, look up and down the road, even though the Sleepers are staying far from hearing them. He pulls out a business card from his jacket, handing it over to Rellim. "Cell, Email. Expect that people might be listening in on either. Never hurts to be at least a little careful." He stops again in front of Written in Water, stubbing out the butt of the menthol cigarette. Its a wonder how time flies around the lunargent thorn. "I gotta go see some folks, if you wanna come back in....?"

d
    dragonfett

Rellim pinches the cherry off the tip of his cigarette then stamps it out with his shoe. He looks around for a trash can to put his butt in, but will throw it out in side the book store if none are outside. "Yeah, that sounds good. Hey, when I finally find a somewhat more permanent place to stay, can I get you to look it over for any security weaknesses?"

Rellim goes back into Written in Water with Councilor Technique

Closed Thread