Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Search for the Missing Athenaeum

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Wendel, or 'Toren' as he called himself now, stood in the lobby of the Museum, his head swiveling around in circles as he looked up and down the lobby's view of the building's interior. Romanesque, no, too intricate, Gothic then. No, too colorful, Baroque maybe? He pondered unaware.

Not long after the Mages of the Mysterium Order had convened the Curator had directed Dark Eyes ( Pumpkin ), Noctina( linkrulesx10 ), and himself to begin their search for the allusive Athenaeum, a vault or library of great knowledge and power. It had been created and hidden by the previous Curator, whom Toren hadn't had the pleasure to meet or know, or even hear much about since his introduction to the Mysterium. Now, as he waited for his companions, he wondered just what method he would use to locate such a thing. If nothing else it was a great chance at observing the Museum's architecture firsthand.

Noctina bounced into the room appearing rather peppy. She was wearing skin right pants as well as a figure hugging tank top.

"I just discovered they serve quadruple coffee shots! Anyway how are you going?" She asked sounding rather pleasant. She was interested in seeing how everything would turn out, whether they could find anything or not was the biggest question in her mind. Was there anything even left to find or was it all taken with the doctor when she left?
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Toren turned at the sound of Noctina's approach and energetic outburst. His eyes stared into her with widened shock and he ran full sprint towards her, his arms flinging out with each stride until he reached her. He stopped short in a crouch before rising up enough to place a hand on each of her shoulders. His head slightly bent down before slowly creaking up like a marionette's.

"Quadruple coffee shots! NO WAY!" he exclaimed, his face serious and wide-eyed. He was once told as a young man that you couldn't ask more more than a double shot, that going over was strictly prohibited. Now he knew the truth...that he was told that so he wouldn't be such a caffeine-induced spaz. As he thought on this his eyes drifted down to the tight shirt and pants that was concealing Noctina's figure. He immediately lifted his hands off her shoulders and into the air, his mouth agape with surprise. He turned around as if on a clockwork crank and calmed himself before turning back to her.

"All is well, the others should be here shortly," sounding unconcerned, a drastic change in his demeanor.

Finishing a chocolate "not a milk shake" from the nearby "coffee" shop and depositing it in the trashcan, Kim's casually dressed in snug jeans and a t-shirt as she strolls into the museum, removing her coat as soon as the warm lobby air hits her. She sighs at the cartoonish behavior she witnesses, and brings her hands to her hips as she offers a snarky look to the children in front of her. "So are you two the only ones coming? What talents do we have to work with here?"

Noctina giggled at the rather unusually and equally energetic personse. She then noticed the expression on the mystogogue that had joined them and she didn't look very impressed.

"uh oh. Here comes the fun police." Noctina whispered loudly to Toren.

"Well i am pretty much security and acquisitions so i will be watching out for you two. I also decent at space so i have that to offer as well."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Toren swivels his head to Dark Eyes who gets right down to business. Though he smirks wryly at Noctina's comment, he responds quickly, the answers popping neatly into his head, "Noctina, Me, and two lovely eyes," he says, pointing to each as he lists them off, "Seems like we have everyone," and grins widely. "As for talent, I know buildings like the back of my hand. If it's here I'll do my best to find it. But other than that I'm particularly seated in Solids, err, Matter that is."

He looks around at the deserted lobby for a moment and back and forth between the two ladies before closing his eyes and opening the Imago of his mind. The rote came quickly as he saw the world in a new light, feeling the resonance of his surroundings through the Unveiling of Dark Matter.
      Dark Matter: 1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-23 15:35:49 Toren rolls 7 to cast the rote Dark Matter [Science+Matter] (10 Again) 7, 9, 1, 1, 5, 6, 2 1 success

Kim pauses in thought for a moment, remarking, "Well I suppose that means we could spread out to try to cover a bit more ground with the Matter Arcanum between the two of us, but the search would probably be best served with all of us focusing in the same area. Shall we start with the obvious and make our way to the depths of the basement?"

"I am ok with doing what ever... Without any sort of sympathy to this place alot of my magic isn't very useful, however I am decent at finding things mundanely and I can see all around just fine but I do think those that can see through the truth of the material world would be better." Noctina said before then opening up her space sight to be able to see the distortions of space. If there was any warpings she should be able to find them.

OOC: I assumed we did this in an area that was off limits to public

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-28 03:22:13 Noctina Space Sight rolls 7 to Space + gno + HS (10 Again) 6, 4, 8, 6, 7, 1, 4 1 success
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Toren put his thumb and forefinger to his chin and thought a moment in leisure.
      Remember 5suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-28 09:56:46 Toren rolls 9 to remember the Curator's words [Int+Com+1(at leisure)] (10 Again) 10, 8, 1, 6, 5, 8, 6, 5, 10, 8, 3 5 successes
    "I honestly have no clue where to start except that it was likely accessed from either the back rooms or the offices so that disappearing wouldn't break Lex," repeated Toren distantly, verbatim, remembering their Curator's words from their meeting. "I suppose we should check there first, as good a place as any. Err...where are the back rooms anyways? I've only ever been to the conference room and this lobby." Hopefully the others had had more experience with the Museum's layout. Otherwise they'd just have to peruse around a bit first.

The telltale sounds of Gina "doing her job" can be heard just around the corner from where the Magi ducked to avoid raising any weird looks.

*Pop! Pop! Pop!* It seems she's learned a new trick: Russian Doll Bubbles.
    "Pryde": Presence 2, Status (Mysterium) 1, WP = Full, Mana = 5
    [Herald] Active Spells (1 on Pattern): Sybil's Sight (Pot.2, self)

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread