Emma headed up to the Rio Linda Airport straight from the Gangrel meeting. It was educational and interesting to be sure. Impressions of everyone were swirling in her head. Focusing was an issue during the meeting because it had been awhile since she ate. The effort to keep her beast quiet and calm took a lot out of her. Emma rolled down the window and let the cold night air clear her mind. She was looking forward to the airport. Airports and train stations, and before that ships, coaches, and wagons had been a way of life for her since she was a baby. Her parents loved to travel and had always believed in teaching Emma about the real world. After her death, Emma then had James who also loved to travel. Her life and unlife had truly been blessed. Sure, there had been tough times and some not so nice individuals, but over all things were good.

Emma pulled into the small parking lot of the airport. There were two other cars in the lot. Hopefully her luck would hold out and there would be someone in the building. She walked up to the glass front door and saw two men inside sitting with their backs to her chatting. Damn, she had been hoping to find someone alone at this time of night. She pushed on the door and a bell rang. The men jumped at the intrusive sound and turned to face her. The man on the right had dark hair and a mustache. The man on the left had sandy blond hair that was a bit long and looked like a surfer.

The mustached man spoke, “Can I help you?” His voice was gruff and gravely sounding.

“I’m interested in flying lessons,” Emma said. This was not a lie. She really wanted to know how to fly.

“You should come back in the morning and talk to Jim.”

“Really, you can’t give me any information?” Emma was convinced he just didn’t want to do any real work.

“Listen, I didn’t say I couldn’t just don’t want to.”

He mustache guy had such a bad attitude. Emma wanted to kick his ass just to kick it. She was standing there trying to calm down when the Surfer dude spoke up. “Jack, cut the crap. I’ll sign her up with me. Why don’t you go get the cargo loaded for our flight tonight?” He gave a warning look to Jack.

“Sure, sure whatever,” Jack said as he stood to go out onto the tarmac. “Bitch.” I heard him mumble under his breath before the door closed.

“Don’t worry about him. He’s just pissed because his old lady is pregnant again and he has to work two jobs. I’m Mike.” Mike reaches out a hand for Emma. Emma took his hand and gave a quick firm shake. “Wow, your hand is freezing.”

Emma pulled her hand back. “It’s cold outside.”

“True story.” Was all Mike said.

“So, do you offer any night-time lessons?” Emma asked.

“Maybe. Why night? Doesn’t your…” Mike looked down at her hand and saw no ring, “boyfriend miss you when you’re not around?”

Emma smiled a sexy little smile. “No boyfriend,” said Emma coyly.

Mike lifted one eyebrow, “Really, a pretty thing like you doesn’t have a boyfriend?”

“I just move here.”
Emma hoped that was a plausible reason.

“I see. Well the sights from above are so much nicer by day.” Mike moved closer to her. “Why don’t we just go back into the office and take a look at the schedule.”

Emma followed Mike into a small office that had a desk, a chair, and a couch. “Would you like a drink?” Mike offered. “I have water, or scotch?”

“A scotch neat sound wonderful.”

Mike grinned, thinking his charm was working on Emma. He poured two scotches and handed one to Emma. “Here’s to new friends,” he said as he stepped closer to him.

Emma could almost hear his blood pounding as she took the glass and ran it over her chest as if she were cooling herself. Mike’s blood pounded harder. Emma took a step closer to him so that they were now inches apart. “Do you want to kiss me?” She asked.

Mike didn’t answer but leaned in for a kiss. Emma kissed him until he was weak in the knees and a few pints lighter. Flicking her tongue over the wound to seal it she stepped back and looked at the blissful look on Mike’s face. “Yummy,” she said. “Hmm, perhaps I need to think more about flying before I set up any lessons. I’ll just grab a flyer from over here with the prices and get back to you.”

Mike dumbly nodded his head and sank into the chair. Emma poured her scotch into his glass, wiped out her own glass, put it away and left the airport. She was full and now knew she could take flying lessons at night if she wanted. But probably wouldn’t. Oh well.