Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Hunt

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Innerlight

Aesop stood before Jayant, as feral as an animal but with a glimmer of intelligence like a man. He wore dirty fatigues and a faded Michael Jackson tee shirt. He was wily and unshaven, with blue eyes that didn't match any of his somewhat native american features. He was as if he was from a tribe that no longer existed.

He didn't quite know what "THE HUNT", was that Circe spoke of, but he was certain that he needed to feed, from a hunt. He stood there with wandering eyes waiting for Jayant to take a step into the brush, to hunt, whatever "THE HUNT" was would be known to him soon enough.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

"Deer," Jayant says, nodding to Aesop. "It would be a good start. Let us begin. However, in respect of each others abilities, I am willing to tell you that I no nothing of animals or their markings. However," he smiles, "I am willing to learn."

I
    Innerlight

"Then I will teach", says Aesop with a smile, willing to slow down for the sake of a pack. He was itching to transform, but he would hold off. The feral Gangrel attempted to halt his transformation midway and form his nose into that of a wolf giving him superior senses to his mortal form, but he couldn't. In the middle of his transformation he snapped back to his human form. He had needed more practice it seemed, he flexed his transmutation muscles to their fullest and he was always adept holding any form he chose, but maybe the sleep weighed down on him, at least that was the excuse him told himself for his lack of discipline.

"Come", says Aesop to Jayant. He ran through the woods at a jogging pace, ever so often he stopped looking at snapped branches or odd markings in the dirt. Every time he stopped he didn't speak, but he took the time out to show exactly why he stopped. He'd hand a snapped twig to Jayant, or push his thumb to wet dirt and smell it insinuating urine.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Following silently behind, jogging with a bent back to keep low so as to avoid any stray branches snagging his clothing while avoiding excrement that may be used in their hunt, Jayant wants to smile. He is learning something new once more.

You lead, I'll follow, he thinks as they come to a stop. Taking the twig, he gives it a sniff and nods in understanding. Kneeling upon the groun, Jayant unsheathes his kukri and smears dirt across the unbleamished blade, dulling its gleam in the moonlight. Standing once more, Jayant holds the weapon loose in a reverse grip, ready to make the kill when needed.

I
    Innerlight

After a bit of stopping and starting, jogging, then laying low to the bushes. The two came to a clearing where their were a herd of deer laying about sleeping with their eyes open. Aesop put up 2 fingers as if he meant to take 2 of them this night. "I will push them towards you", Aesop says in a whisper that the forest creatures undoubtedly heard, these creatures heard everything.

Aesop slowly transforms into a wolf and stealthily maneuvers himself around the herd setting them up to push them his way. When Jayant looks prepared he charges at the biggest two attempting to separate them from the herd wrangling them close enough to Jayant so that he may strike.

((Ooc - I really have no idea if we're supposed to roll this or not, seems sort of arbitrary. Do what you're going to do I'll back you up))

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Be the surroundings...

Jayant may not know animal hunting but he knows being quiet, and still. Without a heartbeat, it made those minuscule kinetic energies that cause minute trembles disappear with no trace. Practice is all it takes, and Jayant keeps up on his nightly training regime.

He stays low beneath long grass, allowing it to sway around him, unperturbed. His knife rests against his forearm. He isn't just in the wood, he is the wood.

He watches as the pair of deer startle and separate, panicked by Aesop. He knows what to do and waits for it to be herded his way. Jayant really wants to smile but dares not. His fangs could give away his position, and that would be unacceptable.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop uses his night eyes to track his targets, he barely noticed where Jayant went off to when you pushed his prey his direction. He only hoped he was their to strike a killing blow once they pasted his position. His wolf legs leapt and tossed him at the deer participating in one of the most ancient rituals... the hunt. He locked onto one of the things necks and dragged it to the earth.

Ooc

Generally speaking a Dex + Stealth or Wits + Animal Ken check is a good thing to use when trying to surprise a prey animal, but I'm not going to worry about it here. Do remember the transformation to wolf form requires another Vitae.

In wolf form, Aesop is able to sneak up on the deer and bring it to the ground. Meanwhile, the other runs toward Jayant, unaware of his presence.

The deer has 8 Health. The blood of large animals provides 1/2 Health dots in Vitae, i.e., a full grown deer provides 4 Vitae.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

For the throat

The deer sprints away from its companion who has been captured by the Aesop-wolf, its lower brain deep in flight mode. It doesn't see Jayant for just as it passes, the Mekhet whips his kukri out in a tight angle, aiming just below the head itself, the blade grazing its lower jaw and biting into the creature's throat, opening up a near fatal wound.

No suffering, Jayant thought as he struck.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop wrenched the neck, back and forth like the animal he was drinking from the beast while crushing it's windpipe.

Ooc

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.