Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1112) Aenigma, Demise & Noctina

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Toren, who, up till now, had his face resolutely buried in his book, looked up at the mess of bodies gathered around the table. He leaned over to Demise and commented matter-of-factually, "Yes. Yes you should," before disappearing back into his book. In this surge of small talk and story-sharing, Toren wasn't one to try and speak over the crowd.

A tallish man in a slightly ragged green coat limps up to the table. He is well groomed, with short brown hair and brown eyes, but very thin, too thin actually. Combined with his height, his gaunt and stern appearance makes him look somewhat imposing. He falters a bit as he approaches, and his eyes dart back and forth, as if he is uncertain what to say or do.

“Hi.” He finally says in a weak, unsure voice. “My name is Kite.”

He looks about a bit, fidgeting in an awkward manner. Finally, he seems to make a decision. “May I sit?” he asks.

L
    LoneRanger

my face distends in a swift grin. After thinking:
    -blondes always bring trouble... .
    I comment to Aenigma his order shall wait, and as I see Kite coming to us I remember an Italian song -let's add a place for the dinner- and with an smiling face I suggest him to take a seat and enjoy the morning.

So I study the situation.
    -Nice to meet you, I am mr. Ross, from Italy. How are you finding Sacramento, Kite? -

Kite accepts the seat, setting his papers and cane down next to him, nodding graciously at the other members at the table as he did so. He looks about the table, briefly taking measure of everyone else there. He takes one last sip of his coffee, somehow managing to still look uncomfortable as he sets it down.

“Sacramento is fine” he fumbles out somewhat awkwardly “though I was honestly hoping the weather would be a bit warmer”

Kite pauses for another moment, clearly considering his words, as if he is unsure what to say. He has the concerned look of someone who has accidently intruded somewhere he didn’t belong, and he seems to have a talent of creating uncomfortable bouts of quiet wherever he goes.

“I apologize… but I did overhear a bit of your conversation.” He clumsily admits. “I also am new to this area, and I am… fumbling a bit… trying to make my way.”

R
    Rosetta

Rose nods as Aenigma ( Jag ) speaks of DC. "I'm glad to hear things are calmer here." She lets out a small laugh as she gives Aenigma the classic 'I'm watching you' gesture, two fingers pointing at her eyelids, and then back at Aenigma. "You'll let me know if you find any good puzzles around here, right?"

She turns as a new man approaches the table. "Hi Kite, nice to meet you. I'm Rose." She holds out her hand, the charm bracelet glinting in the light. Mastigos, Guardian, Apprentice of Space. "Gallows, Prospero, and I are all new to the city as well. Trying ot get our feet under us, so to speak." She indicates Gallows and Benji in turn.

"Mr Rossi here was kind enough to introduce us to some of his associates." Her hand sweeps over the rest of the table. She pauses, considering introducing them, but decides to let them do that themselves.

She looks him over, noticing the tell-tale sign of a spell woven into his pattern. "Have you spoken to that man," she points out Pulp Noir. "He seems to have a finger on the pulse of the city."

She looks at Toren, with his nose in the book. "By the way, mind if I ask what you're reading?"

PRE

Gallows grinned sheepishly, while swearing at himself internally. He was not off to a good start tonight. First his gaffe with Four, and now this...he wasn't even sure how it happened. Somehow he'd gotten mixed up as to who had said what. That did not bode well for his short term memory at all. Making a mental note to get some flash cards with names and faces on them to practice with later, if that was what it took, Gallows turned to face Demise( Penguin ).

"Sorry about that--I get a bit jumbled by new names and faces sometimes, I can assure you that you look and sound nothing like Mr. Aenigma ( Jag )". Gallows turned his attention to Aenigma. "I know what you mean about not feeling watched...I've done a lot of travelling, but I'm originally from New Orleans. Sometimes it felt like you could hardly walk down the street without upsetting someone...or something," he said in an overly dramatic tone. "But in all seriousness, I think I'll like it here. It's a pleasant change of scenery, much warmer. And hopefully less prone to storms."

Gallows nodded as Kite ( DaveJ ) spoke. He was not the only newcomer a bit nervous. "I wouldn't worry too much about it," he said warmly, "Believe me, I've probably already fumbled worse tonight than you have since you arrived. Our friend Demise here can attest to that."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma laughs at Demise's words and greets her comment with a devilish smile. "It's not a bad idea to be honest." His mind begins to wonder for a moment as he tries to picture his roomate in a dress, but then he returns his attention to Rosetta as he hears Mr. Rossi's remark and can't help but chuckle a bit. "Well, you know here in America they have this saying...blondes have more fun." He offers a playful wink, but its unclear whether it was directed at his fellow Mystagogue or at his Guardian friend from DC.

The Mastigos listens as Gallows makes his apology with some amusement, and just nods in agreement when the man turns to talk to him about his own experiences with feeling like he is being watched.

I'm not sure he truly understood what I meant. Maybe Rosetta hasn't told him much about affairs back in DC?

He then turns his attention back to Rosetta and says, "you can bet on it!" He flashes her a friendly grin. "I'll keep you in the loop if I find anything worth solving." At that point Aenigma notices the tall and lanky man for the first time as the blonde Guardian introduces herself to him.

The Mystagogue shifts his attention to the newcomer, studies him for a moment and then offers a gentle smile. "Hey there. Welcome to Sacramento Kite!" He performs a little wave with his right hand. "You can call me Aenigma."

Kite visibly starts to relax a bit as the table banter begins again. Turning to each person at the table which Rosetta referred to, he offers a polite nod and a handshake as he introduces himself. As he sits down again, he notices that Rose was pointing to a particular person across the café. “Yes, Pulp and I have already spoken at length” he confirms. He paused another moment to consider his words “He was… very helpful.”

Kite takes another deep breath as he turns towards Gallows. Shaking his head “I’ve been walking on eggshells since I’ve been in the city.” Kite explains quietly “I never used to be like this…” His gaze turns downward, as if in reflection “I have to admit, coming here has been a bit harder than I had hoped.”

Kite’s brows start to furrow again. He starts to say something, and then stops. Kite seems to think something over for a moment and then sighs, drooping his shoulders slightly. After picking up his coffee, he starts to take another sip when he notices Aenigma waving at him. Looking momentarily confused, as if he is unsure how to respond, Kite decides to wave back “Hi, again. It’s a... pleasure to meet you.”

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

"No worries Gallows, I'm sure as a new arrival you are being overloaded with information so I can understand the the slip up." She says to Gallows in a friendly tone knowing all too well what it is like to be the new mage in town. She focuses her attention on Aenigma as she continues to speak "Ha! That's the same thing my editor keeps telling me and I've been ignoring her for years."

She pauses for a few moments as she takes in the timid newcomer, curious about him. "Welcome Kite, I'm Demise." She says in a soft voice with a bright smile. "So where are you from?"
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

L
    LoneRanger

I stare at Rosetta, mumbling with a grin in my face:
    - Oh no, they are my team. I have to say I work well with them.- I

look at the Mystagogues. Aenigma, Demise, Noctina and last but not least Toren.

- Indulge me, please.

so with a steady step I go to the bar, and order a bottle of Passito, with some Cantucci. As I spot the red hairs of Miach, I quickly go near him and tell him:

- Hi Miach. Would you join us for a toast? We are over there.

After arriving at the booth, I serve each of the mages a small glass with some wine, two or three fingers, by placing myself at the left of each mage, and a frindly smile.

- So shall we toast? Ah, Kite the barman told me he enjoyed your attempts. He asks if you can understand him. Looking at Aenigma I think blondes, always a trouble..., so, cheers.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread