Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1112) Aenigma, Demise & Noctina

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nods at Rose's comment. "I know what you mean...a change of scenery is what brought me here as well." He offers her a knowing smile. "Yeah, I'm still doing the same type of work. You know me; I love delving into the mysteries of history and what not." A sly grin forms across his lips.

He then turns his attention to the other gentleman. "It's nice to meet you Gallows, please feel free to pull up a chair and join us." Turning back to Rose he says, "I believe the current exhibit is a collection of ancient artifacts from Mesopotamia. There's some pretty interesting stuff there."

The Mystagogue turns to Noctina ( linkrulesx10 ) for a moment. "Rose and I met back in DC. We worked on a couple of projects together." With that he turns back to Rose. "So are you still involved with that kind of work?"

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

At the various reactions to his stating his affiliation, Prospero has to suppress a smirk. Raised eyebrows, being ignored, gods forbid someone touch an open guardian. The hypocrisy was astounding, if not really a surprise.

"Thank you Aenigma, Toren, Mr. Rossi. It's nice to be welcomed so warmly to your table. And no, my charms are just fine right now," he says with a smile and a shake of his water bottle. "I'm fine with my water, thanks. So Italy? Do you travel much Mr. Rossi?" Prospero was something of a traveler himself, it would be nice to share stories.

As Roseetta's other friend approaches, Prospero extends his hand to shake. Presumably he won't mind touching Guardians. "Gallows, a pleasure to meet you. Prospero."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

"Yes, welcome Gallows. The it is nice to meet you." She says as yet another new arrival approaches the table. This is certainly proving to be a good night for meeting people, she thinks to herself as she looks over the new arrivals.

She can't help but notice that the one known as Prospero seems to mention everyone but Noctina and herself in his welcome. Part of her wrote it off as a simple over look, after all she is a small person in a rather large group. Still she had heard that Guardians are extremely careful in what they say and more so in what they did not say...

She sighs and decides to ignore it there were more then enough others to mingle with at her table. "So how are you all liking the city so far?"
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

L
    LoneRanger

- Ah you are ok with your water. that's fine by me; yes, I travelled a lot, I've got to say that. Where have you been? - I ask Prospero with the easiest tone of voice, the kind of tone generally associated with relax.

-Would you all here like something specific?, well, Gallows, take a seat. Please, be our guest.- I ask the others
    -What is wrong with citing The Tempest by Shakespear or TS Eliot masterpiece the Wasteland; in both Prospero is a major character, I do wonder- I think

Being sat down I take a more confortable stance, after all the situation is becoming ... Interesting. Particularly tangled...

PRE

Gallows sat down with a smile, still sipping at his drink. It was extremely interesting that someone else knew Rosetta besides himself. Mages lived in a small world, after all. Especially when you factored Space magic into the equation. It was a bit strange feeling, though, to know that he was no longer the only person in town with previous connections to Rosetta. He had to remind himself that it was a good thing--this wasn't a competition, after all. More contacts meant more political capital, most likely. And their cabal was fairly small, at the moment...it might be good to look into potential prospects for recruiting.

"Nice to meet you too, Prospero," he said, shaking the man's hand. "I've never been a huge reader of the classics, myself, but I got through enough Shakespeare in high school to have enjoyed The Tempest." He turned to Aenigma( Penguin ). "I'm enjoying town fine so far, we've just recently gotten settled in. How long have you lived in Sacramento?"

L
    LoneRanger

- so you know that the phrase over the o'erthrown charms are at the end, when Prospero has completed all his pet projects: he can return to Milan, he gets his daughter married to who was his arch enemy son Ferdinand and generally benefits of all. After this, he resigns his power. The wand is buried, the book is drown. Ariel is freed. And you, what would you do in his boots?"-

I turn my attention to the other sat down- What would you like to have, Aenigma a Chai latte, you?- @Toren, Demise, Penguin, Gallows, Noctina

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

OOC @ Penguin

Prospero sits across from Mr. Rossi and responds to his queries. "Oh, I've spent the last seventeen years traveling. I set off on my own at 16 and never looked back. Spent a little time up in Canada, walked across the states but I spent most mf my time exploring Central and South America. You know how it is, spend six months here, a year there, pick up the language, meet some people and experience life a bit.. well a lot compared to most people. It was very enjoyable really. Then you get one of those life altering epiphany that we all know so much about and then life turns a corner that you never even knew was there."

Looking over at Gallows, Prospero nods his head "I did a lot of reading while I was traveling, not a lot of electronic entertainment when you're poor and on a train after all. I picked the name because I think it fits who I am - always a stranger in a strange lane with power greater than most of those around me." He looks around the table and nods at Mr.Rossi's quote. "It's also a reminder for a certain amount of humility, this is a great gift, easy to abuse and hard to give up. As to the quote and what I would do?" Prospero taps his fingers on the table a little bit to order his thoughts. "I honestly don't know. It all depends on what my final goals were and what they cost me. Maybe I'd like to travel again, maybe settle down. Most likely I'd be dead."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

R
    Rosetta

Rose's eyes glint with a hint of mischiviousness. "More or less the same work. Still trying to find my spot in the City. What's the community like here?" Hopefully nothing like back in DC. They took backstabbing to a whole new level.

She watches as her friends get introduced around the table. So many new faces, it'd be a tricky thing to keep track of them all. This shop did seem to be the meeting ground for the Awakened, just as the sign indicated. She let her eyes drift over the Atlantean.

She leans over and nudges @Gallows with her elbow. "I believe it was that lady," she says, indicating Demise (@Penguin ) with her free hand, "Who asked you the question, not Aenigma."

She turns to @Lone_Ranger . "If you keep leaving to fetch drinks, you'll be on your feet all night. Sit down, join us. Add to the conversation."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nods, a small smirk forming on his lips. "Gotcha. I've only been here for about three months, but things seem to be a lot quieter than DC." He takes a brief pause as he pulls out a one dollar bill and starts playing with it in his hand. "I guess this city does have its share of problems, but at least I haven't gotten the feeling that we are constantly being watched by 'Big Brother,' you know what I mean?" As he says those last words he gives her a playful wink and stops playing with the dollar bill in his hand. However, those paying close attention to the movements of his fingers may notice that his pinky is pointing at a particular symbol on the bill if they watch close enough.

I'm super slick!

The Mystagogue can't help but chuckle as Rosetta corrects her Guardian buddy. "No worries, I know sometimes its easy to get us bookworms confused," he says in a joking manner before flashing a sly grin at them.

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Demise lets out a small sigh, first ignored completely then mistaken for a man. Apparently it wasn't going to be a good night for her self esteem. Still she manages to give Rose a smile when she corrects her cabal mate but quickly follows it with a mock glare towards Aenigma when he speaks up. "If I'm being mistaken for you maybe I should start wearing dresses more often."

She looks to Gallows as she continues speaking, "I've only been around a month or so." She replies deciding to let his mix up go, understanding how easily one can get confused in this large a group. "So I'm still pretty new myself." She turns to Mr. Rossi and raises her own cup still half full. "Thank you Mr. Rossi but I don't need another drink, please sit and join the conversation." she says politely, not wanting him to disrupt his interesting conversation with Prospero just to get her a drink.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread