11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1112) Aenigma, Demise & Noctina

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

OOC

Aenigma smirks at the "eloquent speaker" comment; that sort of comments did wonderful things for his ego. He listens to the quirky fella, a smile on his face as the other speaks. Every now and then he takes a sip from his drink, and at one point looks down at his phone and reads a text. However, he does not reply to it and just rolls his eyes. He turns his attention back to Toren and as he is about to say something to him someone else joins them at the booth.

The Mastigos looks up to notice the man in grey from the meeting at the museum. He takes another sip from his drink before saying anything.

Great, just when I thought I could enjoy a cup of coffee in peace...

"Mr. Rossi, what a pleasant surprise." The Mastigos doesn't care much to hide the sarcasm in his words. He takes another sip from his spiked latte as he listens to the newcomer speak. However, his eyes widen as he makes mention of the Athenaeum in such a public forum. While this place was swarming with Mages, that didn't mean there were no Sleepers around.

Really? When I was just starting to think that maybe...just maybe he is not a lost cause. What is he going to do next? Start chanting in High Speech in front of everyone?

Aenigma takes another sip from his coffee and then looks at the other Mystagogues sitting around him, before he turns his attention back to Mr. Rossi. "Umm, perhaps this is a conversation we should save for another time?" He does a simple hand gesture, pointing out the fact that they are in a public place; an unamused look on his face.

Noctina may just shank this guy if he continues down this path...

"You are more than welcome to join us for coffee though..." he adds, with a sly grin on his face.

Wendel opens his mouth to reply to Demise when the gentleman known as The Question or Dr. Rossi makes his appearance in a flourish. He smiles as the man looks him over and replies, "Hiya!" and pats the man's shoulder gently. "Á the Nume? I think I've heard of that band, wacky stuff, independent right?" not showing any sign of worry at the man's presence. "Have a seat, good friend. Don't mind the fuss, you're one of us!" and laughed loudly at his own childish rhyme.

He then opened is mouth again with renewed purpose to Demise's question. "So! What am I working on? Since I'm unemployed I've got a couple contract freelance jobs to construct some structural blueprints. Just residential stuff, nothing fancy. But with residences you need to be even more mindful about human comforts, so I thought a few words from the philosopher Jacques Derrida might give me inspiration."

Turning to their new arrival he said, "So, Rossi, how're you settling in. Didn't you just get into town recently?"

Noctina visible had her left eye start to twitch as The Question mentioned the athenaeum in such a public venue. What was that guy thinking? Did not one person go over the tenets of this order as well as basic secrecy and security! She was impressed with Torens attempt to explain what that word was doing in conversation and Aenigma’s response was nice and moderated as well.

She then acts all very cute and sweet before putting an arm around the neck of The Question before leaning into his ear and whispering in a sickly sweet and slightly seductive tone.

“Now, let’s be a bit more prudent with our choice of words in public, else I might have to take that tongue out that has that oh so pretty accent.” Noctina said, her sweet and seductive tone completely counter to the message she was saying, she would then back away and pat his head.

“Oh, I need a drink! I will be right back.” Noctina said before bobbing away happily to get a coffee.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

L
    LoneRanger

While observing the scene, I enter the room. With calm strides. As in man, I came in peace why you need to provoke? Don't you get you cannot do really much?

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Demise gives the Question a soft sympathetic smile, he was obviously trying to do the right thing but it just wasn't going to well for him. "Dr. Rossi, why don't you sit down?" she says in a soft voice. Trying to be a easy on him knowing it was pointless to point out his mistakes once again after the others already did that."I'm sorry Dr. Rossi if we seem a little aggressive but we just don't want certain topics spoken of too loudly." she says referring to the missing Athaneum she wasn't sure if the other orders knew about it but she certainly didn't want to be the one to tell them.

"But I'm sure we can all get along if we keep converatation on a more appropiate subject." She says with a warm smile hoping he understands.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

L
    LoneRanger

I walk down the position offered, looking Noctina going away with a dry face.-Oh, you are mostly brilliant and indeed kind, mind you if I ask your opinion about the tale of the four Pardes?- I remark to Aenigma.
    Shall we end this ruffling of feathers here and now in a civilised manner, as expected by member of the Mysterium?-I think most impassibly.

I answer the pat in the back of Toren with a kind pat.
    -You are always a good man, Toren, no well they are the Jethro Tull.- I answer him smiling, with a good sincere smile - Thick as a brick is quite a good piece of them long 40 minutes. Nice mixture of music. Ah so you are keen with coffelatte? I have always them at breakfast. When I was back in Italy that is.- There are more important iussues to settle down then thinking about my far away home town, Business done, I'll be happy to talk about my motherland. and thank you.

I take a seat wherevered is offered - I came here for asking excuse for my brutal modes and for clearing iussues. Thank you for allowing me this, Demise.- I bow to her - If you do not mind, we shall speak as honest as we are under the same wing.- Pause - In case someone is to indulge in his own childish plays, who am I to stop him? - pause. Alea jacta est

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma quirks an eyebrow at Mr. Rossi's question.

"I'm familiar with the tale." He pauses for a moment. "As far as my interpretation of it goes, well I'd say it is a work of allegory, and as such is intended to teach men a lesson. Four men entered the Pardes, yes? Each one was very different from the other and each suffered a very different fate." He takes a brief pause as he sips on his latte. "Their experiences were recorded and passed down to followers of Judaism because what happened to them is archetypal. Followers of the faith believe that what happened to these four rabbis can happen to anyone."

The Mastigos stops to take another drink. "I could continue and give you my interpretation of why their fates were different, and how all of it relates to Jewish exegesis, but I'm not sure if the rest are interested in hearing me ramble." He gives them all a sly grin before turning back to Mr. Rossi. "I would be more than happy to discuss it with you on a different occasion though. After all, Jewish esotericism is something I find rather fascinating."

Aenigma seems to relax a little, but when the man utters the words "childish plays" a slight frown forms on his brow.

I hope he isn't referring to me. He must be at least ten years my elder and acts carelessly in front of others...who is actually the child on this equation?

The Mystagogue takes a moment to collect his thoughts and then offers Mr. Rossi a kind smile. "I wouldn't call your ways 'brutal' to be honest, but I'm sure we would all appreciate a little more subtlety when you conduct yourself in public." He pauses for a moment. "Business regarding the museum should be dealt with when we are there, not here. You seem like a reasonable man, I'm sure you can understand why that is important."

Aenigma pauses as he finishes the rest of his drink. He then looks at Mr. Rossi and Demise respectively.

"We will be working together on the matter we have previously discussed. I don't expect to have any issues as long as we can hash out a good plan of action, and we listen to each other." His words are sincere, but he does cast a quick glance at Mr. Rossi when he says the last part. "I've taken the lead on this issue, so I'll appreciate if those working with me trust my judgment on the decisions I make." He takes a brief pause. "That's not to say I won't listen to suggestions."

The Mastigos offers a friendly smile to both, pleased with the way he has handled the situation.

"Now, enough chatter about business. That's not why we come here for." He flashes them a playful grin. "So how's Sacramento treating ya Mr. Rossi?"

OOC

L
    LoneRanger

I inhale deeply. I close my eyes. I send a thoughtful, honest, big thank you, especially to Technique and his collegue. Nice lesson tolearn. And to all. I spot Pulp Noir going down to the bar. I bless him in thought.

I state so: "I am finding Sacramento... Sac perhaps? fine and dandy. Nice weather indeed, when I flied off from Frankfurt flughafen it was so cold... And Milan in winter is so foggy. Well, I am here from less then a week, trying to get rid of the jet lag.And many events already unfolded. So, what is it about being here, from your point of view? Any nice theatres? Restaurant??" Turning to Demise, I ask her I suppose your hunt for new books is going well, Demise. But this is a my guessing. As you see, say friend and enter."

I smile at her friendly. My body is relaxing, it is just dropping off tension.

Then I look with a smile to Toren and tell him:
    " Yes a bit. It was a tough start, the plane had a bit of a problem in the phase after taking off. I am sure you'll do a pretty do well job with your building project; perhaps the Curator may hire someone in this esteemed group of gentlemen for ... redecorating the afore mentioned project, wouldn't he?" I pat at this back.

After hearing the speech of Aenigma and nodding about what he said, I comment:" Well, as you know the four Rabbi enter the Divine Garden in their quest for looking for the Divinity. One goes mad, one is slain, one rejects what he did so far and turns back, and the last Ascend. My Master, the esteemed Don Leone, taught me this tale at the very beginning of my ahem training. To impart me a lesson in prudence.

I close my eyes, to relax. I look at Aenigma. with a calm, open face. No hate, no rage, we are here. We together are the Mysterium.

I state at last: "Indulge me, I have this thing for communality. Where are Dark eyes and Miach? They could be with us partaking our libations.". I open my hands. "Let's have a coffee, it is on me.

Toren smiled throughout the explanation, not having much knowledge of the Hebrew faith and nodded absently. He knew a little about Synagogue architecture, the focus of course being the location of the ark and Torah. Sometimes there would be a raised landing for the reading table and windows to allow light to fall upon the ark or table depending. It was safe to say that the decorative artwork in all places of worship was fairly intricate regardless.

He grins at the pat from Rossi, "You think? Nice of you to say. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. So you're from Italy are you? That's got to be a treat! All those buildings...all that history," he wiped away the illusion of drool dramatically.

Noctina sat silently as the conversation went well over her head, she knew nothing about religious matters like that... And that is exactly what they were talking about for one part of the conversation anyway. Instead she simply sits and listens to ensure there were no more issues.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread