Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1111) The Nosferatu Cluster

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor gestured Gene over to a more private area, his shrouded face hiding the tight expression that had frozen rigidly behind it. The Russian Nosferatu was indeed, not pleased. He would have been more sympathetic if he had not purposely explained to Gene that he was to be extremely cautious of his manners... and mind his titles.

"Mr. Betts," he said, his voice quiet and perfectly level. "Do you recall what I said to you during our first meeting?"

I
    Irina

Whip Powell gave a short nod to @Jennifer Hazelton, it's a wordless greeting for the moment as her attention remained focused primarily on Gene. She waited for him to answer, her expression calmly neutral.

R
    Red Dragon

Find Herald Villiers, so that I could be acknowledged Gene winced. And not to give offence at court. There was no point in trying to gloss over that little gem.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer remained beside Whip Powell; watching Gene's explanation. She reminded herself of Castor's words and glanced towards Gene without judgement.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Do you recall how strictly I informed you that this was an Invictus Domain and that titling, particularly in court was of the utmost importance?" Sidor asked, then sharply answered his own question. "Clearly not, because I cannot imagine that you would have recalled such an important instruction from your Priscus and then proceeded to dance over it, in an attempt to show off in front of his Majesty. No one is impressed by your ah... linguistic prowess." The shadowed Haunt leant in slightly, his voice dropping. It moved like a scalpel, probing and cutting.

"And in other places, when the other Clans speak of your acknowledgement, they will not look at the memory and say 'stupid Eugene Betts'. They will say 'stupid Haunt, thinking he is better than the Prince'. You have disgraced us all with your behaviour. I hope that satisfies your need to be impressive. Whip Powell, please accompany Mr. Betts to the Barrens. Perhaps he will be more receptive to your instruction."

R
    Red Dragon

Yes sir responded Gene. Once again, there was nothing else to say.

I
    Irina

Are you just saying "yes sir" in the hope that this conversation will end as soon as possible, or are you actually listening to his words? the Nosferatu Whip contemplated with inner frustration. She did not anticipate that Gene would be a lost cause, but he appeared to be doing his damndest to appear that way currently.

Doctor Powell nodded in wordless acquiescence to Priscus Grigoriev's instruction, and she gestured sharply to Gene.

"Follow me," the Haunt stated, her voice uncharacteristically clipped. "Silently."

R
    Red Dragon

Wordlessly, Gene followed the whip.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.