Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1111) Ariana and Dimitri

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

“Good evening Mr. Arrington. While we are walking to a quiet place to go over the Laws of the Domain, perhaps we could talk. ” The Lordess smiled and looked at Dimitri . It was times like these after witnessing acknowledgments that she dared wonder why people put so little effort into first impressions.

“I could not help but over hear you mention a little bird about business being better here. Perhaps you could elaborate further.” The copper haired Harpy inquired, making no secret to study him while the grin still lay upon her face.

A
    ACM

Dimitri follows Ariana away from the crowd, hands clasped behind his back. When they arrive in some quite corner he gives her a close appraisal for the first time. His gaze is cold and predatory, the Beast roiling behind the cool blue pools of his eyes at the scent of thinner blood. He stares at her in silence for an overly-long moment before finally responding in a low and somber voice, the hungry look on his face erased in an instant. " Mere tidbits through the grapevine. Second-hand sources informed me Sacramento would be more lucrative than Santa Monica or San Francisco..." Dimitri offers a short, waving gesture with his hand to indicate an "et cetera" at the end of his two-city list. "And so here I am." He inclines his head to his Priscus.

A
    Ariana Donovan

They had walked to the area where others were taken to go over the Laws of the Domain. The His Grace was quite good with preparations made throughout Elysia’s in the domain. Ariana opened the door to a room and motioned Dimitri to go forward. “Well, I am quite familiar with grape vines.” Ariana smiled, knowing her position as Harpy. “What sort of business? Something in a particular line of work, or a type of shop or store?” There were reasons she was curious, and soon the Lordess would relay more information.

When the gentlemen mentioned something of profit, the redhead inquired. “I am also aware that you do not belong to the Lancea Sanctum, however, I was curious if you belonged to a particular Covenant?” The Harpy's tone was polite and inquisitive as she waited for Dimitr's reply.

A
    ACM

"Vice." The Lord is completely unabashed. He speaks of his work in the same matter-of-fact tone as might an insurance salesman. "The kine are obsessed with their own ruin. Someone is getting paid for it, it might as well be us."

"I am unaligned." Dimitri offers another incline of his head.

A
    Ariana Donovan

She was not surprised that he was unaligned, it was more common than not with first arrivals. Ariana quirked her brow slightly. “From what I have read in the paper, that is wholly true for the most part. However, it is strictly prohibited to interfere with or feed upon Law Enforcement or any other emergency personnel in the city, if by chance you encounter them with your particular business interests.” Her words were polite, but heavily weighted.

“Which is in fact one of the points of the Laws of the Domain.” Ariana pointed out toward the end of the temporary listing. “As you can see, there are many things of note. I will let you read it yourself for a moment. I encourage you to ask questions, as we take them very seriously.” The Lordess stated as she continued in an even tone. She was not threatening her family member, yet she did want to stress the importance of what he was reading.

Waiting a few moments while Dimitri read through the Laws and waited for questions he may have.

A
    ACM

"Understood. If I have any questions I won't hesitate to ask." Dimitri shows his teeth for the first time this evening with a crooked smile.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Are you one of those, ‘men of few words’ that I have heard about.” Smiling to Dimitri, Ariana could not help but ask. Although she knew a few that fell into that category, however, she also knew they asked questions especially if encountering something new.

“You know, as once I was new to the Domain, I had many questions. Not necessarily that the Laws were not clear, just merely curious as to more details of certain things.” Ariana remained in a polite even tone as she continued.

“His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke sent you to me so you could learn these Laws. I am more than happy to address these questions, but you have to ask them first.” The Lordess paused for a moment with an inquisitive brow. “I am slightly curious as to why you have no questions on Feeding rights or Tenancy, which can be grated after you are Acknowledged.” Her red hair shifted as she smiled gently moving her head in question. “I should also point out, that we are an Invictus Domain, and Etiquette is to be taken into consideration, particularly in all Elysias.” Her hand moved to gesture to the notation on the list.

A
    ACM

“Are you one of those, ‘men of few words’ that I have heard about.”
    "Men of few words are the best men." Dimitri's deep voice remains pleasant and conversational as he quotes Shakespeare.

Quote Originally posted by Ariana Donovan:
    “I am slightly curious as to why you have no questions on Feeding rights or Tenancy, which can be grated after you are Acknowledged.”
    "What questions should I have? I wouldn't dare hunt in any Prince's domain without asking his permission first."

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Of course, that is indeed true sometimes.” Ariana smiled to Dimitri. Perhaps it was her vocation in life and requiem, to where it was rather odd when people did not talk or ask many questions.

When you are acknowledged, you will be able to ask for feeding rights and live in the Communal Hunting Grounds.” She kindly stated as she smiled. The Harpy did wonder if he happened to read the part about Presentation and Acknowledgement.

“If you have more questions, you are welcome to stop by my office at the Avalon before you petition for Acknowledgement again.”

A
    ACM

"Might I not petition his majesty again this evening?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.