Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

The last touches put on the building are two statues loving rendered in marble. One is and angel laying on top of the door, a book propped up on a stone, which is at the edge of a waterfall that splits the arch way down the middle, real water pouring down and over the river stones on either side of the door. His toga wrapped around him, his legs folded so one perfect sandal is looped over his raised leg. The other statue is across the river from him. It is a snake, made of pure jet twined around the logs and rocks on his side a way that makes him look to be in motion. His head is lifted over the ledge where he watches the people coming in and out with red set eyes.

Inside the store is meticulous, with wooden floors covered in carpets and large sweeping stairs that flow up into three balcony like upper floors that are lined with chairs and tables pressed against wrought iron fences. The front of the store has a register and a coffee counter to one side, a large sitting area stuffed with couches and a small performance space, and to the other side a larger still computer lab. Each floor above has a similar sitting space and small dumb waiters for the coffee drinkers.

All of this pales in comparison though when one looks behind all of this. Into the back of the shop where on each floor large tall thick bookcases are packed in. Set apart With only enough room to make it plausible to walk each stack reaches to the ten foot tall ceiling, with ladders that slide along them. Books of all kinds fill the shelves, from new to old and even older still. Some times there is a break adn you can see a book beneath glass, but then the shelves move farther back, only stopping when the stores farthest wall stops them.

Its a bibliophiles dream

Those with mage sight up can see more than just that. Sprawled on the wall behind the counter is Atalantian in all its glory. It marks this place as a neutral zone behind him on the wall. They are well written, large and denote that no spells shall be cast on the premises. Below it, scratched in slightly less neat writing, is : ^Vulgar, which is then crossed out elegantly and replaced with "Any", though below it "sights allowed" is written as an after thought. The rest spells out the Lex of the city in clear precise wording, lists places mages can go to reach other mages and suggest that should anyone wish to add more information the owners will be willing to list it as well.

There will always be a man of most likely middle age, ( though with book store owners they always seemed to start that old so who knows?) He has blond hair that is neatly trimmed but curly enough so that it look constantly in a state of mess, and a slightly pudgy frame and very nice hands indeed. In front of the register is a plaque with "A. Fell" on it. Sometimes he will be joined by a tall thin man with black hair and Olive skin. He is very angular and has nice cheek bones that make him rather handsome. Even in the Dark back room he wears shades. He wears a name tag : A. Crowley, and works the coffee bar.

Welcome to written in water.

Read this
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

HT/WT: 6'1"/155
    Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Green
    Hanna Harper

HT/WT: 5'10"/140lbs
    Hair/Eye Color: Red/Green

Salem's mind kept running over the last few hours... his 'stang was in secure parking, his weapons were locked up in the trunk. He'd locked his apartment when he'd left, and made sure Leonard was on task at work, watching cases and feeding freely. As he entered the Written in Water, these thoughts fled his mind. Though he was an Arrow, Salem was also a researcher. The vast halls of literature awed him as he made his way in, and he briefly considered activating his Sight. He dismissed the idea, adjusted his new Italian leather jacket, and found a table with a good view of the entrance. He relaxed back into the chair, and lay his hands across his lap, surveying others as they walked in.

Leroy kept going over what he'd learned the other day from Ahriman. That was how he learned about this place where mages go to unwind. Leroy was not a drinker, beer, and other alcohol products just didn't agree with him. He had parked his truck in another parking lot across town and taken the bus to get here. As he entered he was blown away by the place. It was even more spectacular than the place he had gone to last night which had apparently closed the next day. It must be how Mages stayed under the Sleeper radar.

Leroy had cast Spatial Awareness and Third Eye, 5 times a peice, before leaving his dorm tonight. So he could see his surroundings more clearly. It took him ten hours to cast these spells, but it was more for the practice than anything else.
    He walked through the stack perceiving things as he went, he found it fascinating the things he missed when mage sight wasn't used.

Mage Sight

R
    Rosetta

Cast at Sanctum

Rosetta strode into the building. What signs she'd seen of the awakened had lead her here, to this place, on this day. The sight of the counter, however, is what really caught her attention. The atlantean was well concieved, if a little simple. This must be the place then. She tucked a strand of her curly blonde hair behind her ear, and tore her attention away from the wall. It wouldn't do to be caught staring.

A more careful glance around showed a man ( ArchonAres ) keeping a close eye on the door. Interesting placement. It afforded a good view of everyone who walked in. Precisely where she would have sat, if it hadn't been occupied. She gave him a quick nod, and continued to scan the room.

The brief touch of magic caught her eye as she looked around. She noticed a second man ( MacMan ), with the tell-tale sparkle of awakened magic around him. Now there was something interesting. She scrutinized him for a few seconds, commiting his resonance to memory. She kept an eye on him as she walked up to the coffee counter.
      Scrutinize, 1 suxx to Identity, 3 to nature
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-13 21:15:42 Rosetta rolls 6 to Scrutinize: Int 3 + Occult 3 (10 Again) 8, 5, 3, 8, 8, 10, 4 4 successes

"I'll have a Herbal Tea," she said. And one of those muffins. They look delicious." She paid for the purchase while it was prepared and carried it over to a table. She smoothed her skirt and slid into one of the chairs. She pulled out a stack of papers. Might as well pretend to do some work, she thought.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Shane enters the WnW and glances longingly to the cafe section. They really did have good coffee... but it was too expensive after his budget restructuring a while back, so he sighed heavily and headed to the medical section of the stacks, browsing generally until he had collected a couple books that looked like useful reads, then sat down in the middle of the aisle and began to read.

Leroy's head doesn't stop moving as he roams the stacks looking for some of his favorite authors, Eddings and Jordan were here. Muir, Burroughs and Emerson were as well, Agassiz, and Thoreau were not. He picks out a copy of Emerson's Essays, before taking it over to the table of another man, ( ArchonAres ) he openly scrutinized him committing his aura to memory. "May I sit here," he said before taking a seat, exactly to the right angle of him, so as not to obstruct his view of the door.

On The way back he nearly tripped over a man sitting in the middle of the aisle, ( Cl4re ) which caused Leroy to look down at him scrutinizing him in the process. "I'm sorry, but there are tables you could be sitting."

The woman ( magiuspendragon ) that came in was scrutinized in passing as she went over to the coffee bar. All were committed to memory as he sat down to read his book.

PRE

Cast at Sanctum

Gallows walked into the store confidently despite not having been there before. He knew from a lifetime of experience that first impressions were always important, regardless of the situation. For his part, he was impressed by the bookstore. When he had heard that a used bookstore was the local meeting grounds for most of the mages, he had been expecting something a little bit dustier, or rattier. He should have known that mages this far west would be a little more stylish than that. He strode quietly over to the cafe and took a cursory glance at the menu. Most cafes were more or less the same, only the names changed.

"Hi," he said with a disarming smile, "I'll take one large moca latte, please." The strangest thing coming from New Orleans to California had been the change in drinks. Any given shop had about four times as many types of coffee, and he hadn't seen a decent sweet tea since he passed Arizona. And he was pretty sure half the people here had never even heard of gumbo. Regardless, he was a fan of the weather--and mostly, the lack of vampires. The lack of vampires with the amount of power wielded in New Orleans, at any rate.

Rosetta was already at the counter, and Gallows gave her a quick smile. She wasn't talking to anyone yet, though--that was problematic. The first thing they needed to do here if they were going to achieve any sort of success was make allies. They needed to meet people. His eyes flicked over the room, looking at the other mages. He took in the note in Atlantean on the wall with a wry smile--of course they shouldn't cast spells here. It would hardly be polite, after all. His eyes landed on a man sitting in the middle of an aisle reading. He was one of the few who didn't seem engaged in conversation yet--a likely target. He walked down the aisle and stopped a short distance away from the man.

"Excuse me," he said with a sheepish grin, "Very sorry to bother you, but I was hoping to ask you a favor. My friend and I," he said with a nod back in the direction of Rosetta, "Are new to the area. I was wondering if you could join us for a coffee and perhaps acquaint us with the area--I'm afraid I'm a bit lost here. For example, do we need to declare ourselves to the Heirarch, or something?" Almost as an afterthought, he extended his hand both to shake the man's and help him up from the ground, if he wanted to rise. "I'm Gallows, by the way."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-15 13:08:41 Four rolls 6 to Reflex to recognize scrutiny Wits+composure (10 Again) 3, 1, 4, 6, 3, 9 1 success
    2011-12-15 13:08:16 Four rolls 6 to Reflex to recognize scrutiny Wits+composure (10 Again) 4, 7, 4, 9, 3, 4 1 success
    The Giant grunts as he shifts aside and starts to get up at Leroy's words (@MacMan ) he's on one knee and trying to read as he stands when Gallows (@Gallows ) addresses him. The book closes softly and he looks up. "First off, you should try to be more subtle with what you say - this is a public business... Unfortunately I'm pretty knew to the aspects of this area you're going to want to know most. I didn't really spend time looking when I got here three months ago. I might be able to introduce you to some more established folks if they show up, though." He finishes standing, his full height of 7'7" finally showing. Shane tucks the books under one arm, then smiles warmly. "I'm willing to it with you and point people out, if you'd like."

Technique

A latino man in a designer, custom-cut Armani business suit strolled through the front door of the bookstore. "Heyyy, anciano, how you doin? Same as always." Almost absentmindedly Technique slips the usual tip - a full 20 - into the tip jar, before finally looking out into the room.

Holy crap. It was a sea of people, atleast with the sight up, whom he had never met. Madre de dios have i been out of touch or what? Shaking his head clear of the shock, he picks up his drink, moving about the room.

You know. Being available. Maybe one of these guys was an Acanthus?

PRE

Gallows prided himself on having a very strong poker face, and it was only this that allowed him to keep his smile natural as he was both called out on his lack of tact--something that he found almost professionally disappointing--and the fact that the man in front of him was much more enormous than he had previously expected. The giant was completely right, of course--they were in the middle of a bookstore, not in a Sanctum or Consilium meeting. This was not official business, and should therefore be treated with the appropriate paranoia and suspicion. Regardless, it didn't do to dwell on mistakes.

"You're quite right, I'm sorry to have been so blunt." He grinned again. "Then again, I suppose these are just the kinds of mistakes I'm hoping you can help us avoid. As far as being new yourself, that's fine. In fact, I'd be glad to hear if your first impressions are at all like your own." He'll gesture towards Rosetta and the cafe. "Care to join us?"

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread