Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dead letter mail

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

A package arrives in the mail of the sanctum. The address it's suppose to be sent to is crossed out with a little note that Theo no longer resides there and that there is no forwarding address. The return address says the package is from Ruby, though the handwriting is not hers. It's been recopied so that it will be sent 'back' to the sanctum.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby solemnly sits down, holding the package between her hands as it rests on the living room table. She wonders whether she should wait to open it until the others arrive... but with her name on the box, wonders whether the contents might need to be filtered before they are shared.

Silent, she squeezes her old key from the Bismark with will and fingers into a sharp edge and slits open the tape.

Gently opening the box lid, she looks inside.

Inside are letters, some a little worn from time others are newer. Most are labled only 'Mama und Papa', one is to Ruby herself, another to 'The Group' and there is one to a Kyle Franesco.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby separates the letters out onto the table, taking a moment to try and wipe away the itchy redness around her eyes. How did this happen? She knew Theo was a little impetuous, but not enough to play with something that stupidly dangerous. Had Starling not warned him? It would be typical Starling after all... he barely cared about the initiates unless he was putting his mouth on them.

That was a mean thought, and it troubles her but won't go away.

She slices open the letter she has been addressed.

Ruby's letter is one of the older ones.

Dear Ruby,

To be honest I'm not sure how to right this, what to say, or how to phrase it but I'll do my best.
    I hope you're the one to read this. Well, hope would be the wrong word because if you are it likely means I am dead, vanished, or in serious trouble, especially if it isn't you reading.
    I'd like you to know that your kindness and compassion have been a great inspiration and one of the few reasons I've stayed with the museum. You are truely a precious stone among them.
    So I'd like to ask you to deliver these letters to the people they're addressed to, if you think they won't be put at risk in some way by doing so. They deserve to know I've died but their safety means a great deal to me. I trust you to make the wise decision.
    Dr. Primoria likely knows how to reach my parents, and I trust you to be able to find where to deliver the other ones without too much problem.
    Also, assuming the land lady hasn't thrown out my things since you are likely to recieve this only once I've stopped paying rent and given no forwarding address for whatever reason, or if you think it isn't safe to go there, you should be able to go to my apartment and get most of my possesions, which should include any research I'm currently doing.
    Thank you for all you've done.

Theo

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby chokes out little breaths as she reads. The entire cabal will need to sit down together... she'll need their help when she goes to his apartment.

But right now, those other letters need to be delivered. She'll ask Tyria at work today.

Closed Thread