Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Tittering in Frozen Ears

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PRE

Rust strolls casually into Treasured fully aware the standing his current standing with the Winter Court. HE hands out of his pockets, dressed plainly in tight cloth. Nothing baggy, nothing threatening. HAL's indiscretion well in mind.

What game is Katrin playing? It clearly is complex enough to warent an overt plant by his side. Though Irina never followed through.
    Maybe she did? Maybe her request was a cloaked threat.

But why?
    With Winter do you ever really need a reason why?
    How much of this is all in Rust's head? Rust really wants a Crowned ally. Even if that ally is the Winter Sovereign.
    She knows this. And she is playing on this.
    SO it must be a trap. Hunting Enzo must be a trap.
    But what kind of Trap present the opportunity for redemption?
    The coldest, most despicable kind.

Hopefully Swilla is not a man to hold a grudge. Hopefully his brute-ish compatriots are not as well.

Hopefully Bobby is on his way for horal support. That is, if the threat of being beaten by Dunnies did notscare him off.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

A bell rings as the fallen Summer King walks in. A few minutes later, the beautiful Queen of Sorrow seems to appear out of nowhere as she approaches him from one of the corners of the store.

"Hi Rust, nice of you to be dropping by." Katrin smiles at the metallic lion. "I take it you came to talk about the investigation we had previously discussed, yes?"
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

PRE

Rust nearly jumps out of his skin. He screeches cat like and steps back into a coat rack, stumbling a little to catch it and himself. "Damn it, Katrin. As if my stress level isn't high enough..." Rust sets everything straight and turns to face the Queen breathing down his adrenaline. "You are Katrin? I mean. If your not I'm gonna be pissed." Rust actually does not seem angry at all, just excited and nervous. "Seriously, what's with the spider act? Who are you hiding from?" If this is Katrin, Rust has no doubt to her raw power. He is wary to anger her. If she is actually Katrin. Damnable Winter.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

"My apologies if I startled you," she says and walks towards the back of the store, assuming that he will follow her. "Winter always hides, yes?" Katrin turns to face him. "Have a seat Rust," she says as she gestures for him to sit down in an antique chair nearby. "So you came to see me. I expect there is a reason for this visit, yes?" Her perfect eyes look into the lion's, as she patiently waits for an answer.
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

PRE

"The issue to the East seems to have no relation to Enzo" Rust stats taking the seat. "The Gangs however are are war. One meets in a Warehouse that is related to the actions of the Ear in the past. I had hoped to get more then just suspicions. Until I can get into the Warehouse that is all I have to give"

Rust leans back. " Smudge was a great help, as where others. I hoped to meet him here. I do not know if we should get between this violence and stop it. I do not know if we can. The neighborhood in between them sees much of the conflict and is trying to stay neutral. The Police largely just show up to clean away the dead. It's a nightmare. I'm almost convinced there is more to be seen. I just need more time to look. Have you heard anything on your end?"

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

The Winter Queen listens quietly to Rust's words, waiting for him to finish his report before piping up. "Then it seems that we have two separate problems, yes?" She takes a brief pause as she lets those words sink in. "I do not believe we are currently in a position to stop this just yet. We are better off learning what we can through careful observation, yes?"

Katrin takes a seat on another antique chair across from him. "I do appreciate your effors with this Rust," she says as she offers him a gentle smile. "Even though the traitor is not involved in this gang issue, I know that there is Fae involved, yes?" She takes another pause before adding, "as I understand it, some of these criminals can see us for what we truly are."

She says nothing else after those last words. Instead she sits there in silence, carefully observing how he reacts to this information.

PRE

"The man who worked for the Preacher. Yes. But I didn't notice that any of the gang members saw us for ourselves." Rust clarifies. "I wore my Mask to hide from Enzo that day. But if what you say is true. Which Gang? Or are there pawns in both?"

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

"Strengthening your Mask was a good idea Rust," says Katrin in response. "My sources tell me that some of the gang members are probably ensorcelled, yes?" She takes a brief pause before continuing.

"I suspect that some of the answers you are looking for lie within the walls of that warehouse." Katrin looks into his eyes, "subtlety will be necessary in such an endeavor, yes?" She stands up once again and begins to walk towards another spot in the store.

"But you must not go alone. An extra pair of eyes and ears will be helpful," she says without turning back to face him. Katrin begins to rearrange some of the things in the store, falling silent for a moment. "Take a couple of people with you. I would recommend you take someone you can trust, yes?"

At that point, she turns back around with a smile. She knows very well that the former Summer King is currently having a hard time trusting most folks; but that is part of the test.

PRE

"Trouble is finding anyone free. I almost feel like I'm trying to land a date for prom." Rust's humor goes dry, trying to hide his discomfort. "I can trust Smudge . I might be able to gather in another. I don't want to go in there alone personally. Despite common impression. I'd rather live."

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin nods in response. "It seems most are rather busy these days, no?" She turns back to what she was working on a moment ago. "Seek out the Ogre. I'm sure he has at least one good reason to help you on this endeavor." She continues to rearrange some things on an old bookshelf, falling silent once again.

After a couple of minutes she turns back around and walks back towards him. "No one is asking you to endanger your life Rust. Like I said, subtlety will be very important in this task, yes?" The Fairest offers him a smile before continuing. "You don't want to give these gang members, or whoever is pulling their strings, the impression that we are looking into this. Doing so could endanger the investigation, and possibly your own safety." Katrin looks deeply into Rust's eyes, taking a pause to let her words sink into his head.

"You understand this, yes?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread