Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Funderland

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Arch looks around her. Everyone has made it through. They have come out near a child-sized roller coaster with green dragon cars. It is night-time, and dark except for the security lights at the property's perimeter.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin looks around, a big smile on his face. THey are back. Happy times.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Upon exiting, Betony Rue is redy to catch Jasper, should he go limp. The Wyrd normally didn't abandon what it had tainted to easily but the Mask might force it into stillness when not in the Hedge.
    The Jasons woman held the sleeping Crandall girl fast, and kept close pressence near Al-Adin who had been put in charge of the boy.
    "Let's go then," she says, once they are all through.

PRE

Derek begins taking off his fencing gear and stowing it in his backpack.

"Where to? And how? I left my car at the place we went into the Hedge. We're going to look strange all getting on the bus with two hurt kids this time of the morning, and that's assuming the bus even runs anywhere near here at this hour."

Derek tries to remember if this place is anywhere near Fairytale Land. He also pulls out his cell phone and turns it on, to see what day it is, and thus how long they were gone.

Arch looks around. We're less than a mile from Fairytale Land, and a lot of the area we need to cross is either park or golf course, so if you're up for the physical exertion, we should be able to get back without detection.

Jasper has gone limp, but his black button eyes are bright as ever.

Derek's cell phone reveals that it is 2 AM, and that 2 days have passed outside the Hedge.

PRE

'We've been gone two days, everyone," Derek informs them. "Just so you know."

"I think we might have better luck if a couple of us goes to get Arch's car and mine, and the others find some cover and wait for the car. After all, it's easier for one two people to sneak around unnoticed than it is for a bunch, especially when carrying some badly-injured kids. Betony Rue and Al-Adin need to stay with the kids. Arch, I'm guessing you're pretty good at stealthy stuff... what about you, Grr? You good at skulking around, or would you rather stay and defend the kids in case anything happens?" Derek adds, "I'm a pretty strong runner, so I'm glad to go."

Arch is tired. Bone tired. Time to cowboy up.

I can go for my car. She joins Derek, then waits to see what Grrface decides to do.

"I'm going to stay with the children, if you two think you'll be alright. I'm a strong enough runner, myself, if not. I always thought that unfit P.E. Teachers were a bunch of assholes." Grrface grins a bit.

PRE

"Take the break, Grr," Derek says. "You handled more of the heavy work on the other side than I did, and I know it's unlikely anything is going to get past you to the kids."

"Let's do it," he says to Arch.

Arch and Derek jog down the road to their respective vehicles. They encounter no traffic, and return within 15 minutes. Derek is driving his Lexus, and Arch is driving an older model Jeep Unlimited.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread