Al-Adin felt like he had broken through some sort of barrier, some block or impediment that had stopped him from going faster. He felt like he had just climbed the mountain of speed, and was now lord of all that he surveyed.
And then he broke the door.

It wasn't the most subtle of break in jobs. Just get to the second story, bypass the lock, and get in. Except that it didn't work out like planned. For some reason the idiots had locked the door to their upstairs balcony. Which meant he had to pick the lock. And he had fumbled that, so he had slammed his fist in anger at the door. Normally this was not a problem. This time however, there was now a hole in the door. Totally not expected. Totally awesome. Totally beyond trouble. He had left the lockpicking tools as he ran. He had to get out of there quickly. Very quickly. Before the alarm company called the police who would make him a very sad monkey, and then make Rumiko a very very angry Sultana. And so Al-Adin did what was most natural to him. He ran, jumping from building to building, running and running, enjoying the thrill of the wind in his face and the ground zipping past him. This was freedom, this was happiness.

And then he had to report to his boss that he had fumbled the break in, and needed new tools, and was very very sorry, and it wouldn't happen again, and ow that hurt please don't hit me again, i'm very sorry I won't do it again.