From the very start, Castor had known this was a bad idea, yet here he was. The bar was far more upscale than anything he would normally frequent. Leather sofas, crystal glasses, socialites in evening gowns and designer suits. This was not his element, but she wanted it and she had a tendency to get what she wanted. The doorman had taken him to a private box elevated away from the noise of the bar, and explained that she would arrive shortly. In the meantime Castor had helped himself to the glass of bourbon already poured and waiting for him. You knew me far too well.

A few minutes after his arrival she entered the bar with two men close behind. Like always the mood in the bar changed. She had every set of eyes on her. Men and women alike gravitated toward he beauty. It was the slit in her dark evening gown, her high heels, or her fur coat that drew their eyes. What vexed everyone in the bar, Castor including, was the way she moved. The elegance in her step, the aloof sensuality in every step.

"Hello Katrina." Castor rose as the Daeva moved into the box. "Leon, Vance, how are you gentlemen?" They didn't respond, but they weren't supposed to.

"Castor, how good to see after all this time." Katrina's voice was angelic and seemed to ring in his ears. She walked over and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. A kiss that brought back a flood of memories. This would be harder than he though.

"It is good to see you too. I'm surprised you would fly all the way out here when you could have just sent the books in the mail." He knew what she was doing here, but you had to play Katrina's games. It was the only way to deal with her.

Sitting down next to Castor, Katrina crosses her legs and looks longingly into his eyes. "I'd never miss a chance to see you dear." She flashed her dazzling smile. "Besides," she ran a finger across his leg. "We used to have such fun together." The touch was like fire, every part of his body was aching for what they used to have. It took every ounce of composure to brush it away.

"Stop. You know that part of our lives is over. We have our obligations to the Church and I won't break them again." He does his best to sound resolute.

She just giggles and leans away from him. "Darling you know I'm only teasing. I'd never endanger your duties here to relight old flames." She grins wickedly. "Leon, bring that case over here won't you." Katrina gestures to the briefcase the dark man had been holding. Castor hadn't noticed it because he had been more focused on her. "Yes Mistress." The words are robotic.

Placing the case between Castor and Katrina, Leon, opens it and reveals 4 small books that were aged and faded. They were a history of the Church in Europe and the New World. A complete set, and a set of books Castor had not expected to see.

"This is generous of you Katrina. I appreciate the donation, but we both know these books are worth more than I what I paid you. My letter asked for theological pamphlets written by the Bishop. He was a brilliant scholar. These are not even the same category of literature." His voice was suspicious.

Katrina's grin turned into a small smirk. "Vance, who is the reigning Bishop of Tampa Bay?" Her tone was sarcastic.

"You are Mistress."

"You see I didn't much care for the last Bishop's writing, I thought these might be more beneficial for you. Unless of course you don't want them."

The fact that she had become Bishop was a terrifying prospect. Katrina loved to use people. She was a manipulator like no other and in this position, she was advancing far faster than Castor had expected. He didn't even want to know what happened to Bishop Soto. "Don't joke Katrina, of course I want the books. I can pay you what they are actually worth. These are worth easily $200 a piece, that is what I paid you for all the Bishop's works combined, let me cover the difference."

The Daeva only batted her eyelashes. "Don't be ridiculous Sweetheart. These are a gift. For all the good times." She reached across the case and took Castor's hand. "You know of course that if you ever want to return to Tampa, I'd be more than happy to fly you back. None of that hiding from the sun business. My jet could have you back home in a single night."

This was why she had come. He had assumed that she would try something like this, but Castor wasn't fully prepared. Katrina's words lingered in his ears. Echoing around begging him to return with her, to rekindle the passion they had shared. He would live like a king too. She had doted on him when they were lovers and now that she was Bishop, he would have a title and rank in the Church. Nearly every part of him wanted to go with her, but he had responsibilities here. "No Katrina." He shook off her hand and closed the case, placing it on the floor by his feet. "Long ago Tampa was my home, but this is where I am now. This place is where my duty lies. Not in Florida. It was nice to see you Katrina, but I need to get these books to the Church. Have a good night. Be safe on your trip."

As he rose, Katrina grabbed his wrist and her guards took a step towards them. "I can make you come back with me. We both know that it would be such an easy matter to make you want to go with me." Her face was hostile now, terribly beautiful, but not the sensual kindness from before.

"But you won't because I know you Katrina, and if it came to that, you wouldn't have your victory. It would be like cheating for you. You haven't broken me and I don't think you will drag me back to Tampa. So let go of me and go back to Florida with Leon and Vance. We have nothing left to discuss." Even with his little speech, Castor still felt her words pulling him to her. He needed to get out now.

The tension built in the air and right as he thought she would break him, Katrina let go of his wrist and nodded to the guards. "I'll be looking forward to your next letter then, dear." Her voice was cold and hard.

As Castor made his way out of the bar, briefcase in hand, he was relieved to know that he was in Sacramento and that she was on her way back to Florida.