Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

"Is an ember more dangerous when it takes to the air or when it burns beneath your feet?", the cryptic question hopefully holding a context considering the move of Elysia to this club.

*Max turns to the man, pondering the question seriously for a few moments.* When it takes to the air. Underfoot it can only burn so much. Once loose and free, who knows where it might land? *Max answers.*

Of course, in a place like this, who knows what flames might be fanned? *A slight smile, as the Dragon glances down at the lower level of the club.* How are you this evening, sir?

R
    Red

The logical aspect was true but the added imagery of flames being fanned put a devilish grin on his face. It also added to what made him a bit nervous about this new place and its chosen name. Laird had already scoped the mortals down below earlier and kept his eyes on this stranger.

"My nerves are getting the best of me tonight to be honest." He peaks back at the assortment of kindred around them. "The great, the mighty, and elite all brought together and I barely know a soul", but he shrugs off that complaint easily as it is really more of an intended hook to catch the other gentleman's name.

"Laird Bathurst", and he favors a slight bow over shaking hands with new encounters.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max smiles, but it's anything but friendly as the man talks of the gathered Beasts that evening.* The little ones do make one's blood boil, don't they?

*He turns, taking in the new faces gathered at the club tonight.* Unfortunately, there are many here I do not yet know either. Perhaps I'll have time to change that... *He lets his gaze linger over the more attractive new additions to the city before returning his attention to Laird.*

Maximilian Heinz, Mekhet and member of the Orod Dracul. A pleasure to meet you, Mr Bathurst... *Max's voice trails off, giving the man time to introduce himself further.*

R
    Red

Laird knew what made his blood boil and very often it was the little ones. Somehow he knew he was taking this to mean something entirely different from what Max was implying though. He had no real answer and had to let that moment hang in the open.

He does let Max's wandering eyes lead his and he catches the sight of Martha and Alice Brown in a kiss. His attentions are lost on this for a moment and he clumsily returns..

"Oh yes. Of Gangrel blood. Real Estate... uggghhh", and he has to compose himself on that blunder. "The first estate I mean."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max raises an amused eyebrow at Laird's slight flustering, finding it more amusing than the chaste kiss that had caused the other man's tongue-tied response. For his part, Max wondered how well Martha and Jillian would have gotten along...* Ahh, another Unconquered within the Domain.

Well, let me give you names to a few of the faces here tonight. The smaller woman is Keeper Villiers, the other woman in Deputy Brown; another member of the First Estate. And the gentleman standing with them is Aldar Prince Clarke... *Max turns back to Laird with a mischievous grin.* And yes, he has that effect on women...

So, what brings you to Sacramento, Mr Bathurst?

R
    Red

Laird eyes mostly glaze over as he is sure the names will escape him in time. He couldn't forget Martha because of her admirably suspect kindness when he first observed her... but he seemed a bit perplexed finding out that was the Prince.

"Prince Clarke?", but the question was redundant and for no reason other than to spark more thoughts he was not sharing. No grand introduction? No speech? Just a vampire who rolled in and started chatting it up?

He starts to nod slowly though and throws in a meaningless assessment born out of a reason to add anything positive, "A real man's man then?"

He sheepishly shrugs in the face of that question. "You make it sound like something might have pulled me here. But it didn't really feel like that. Rather where I am sometimes... the mountain rises beneath my feet and pushes me in one direction. So Sacramento was waiting for me at the base when I was done skiing down."

"Now that I am here though I imagine I'll do what I have. Sell. Compete. Find some lovely throats."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max chuckles softly, nodding his head.* Yes, he has an eye for the ladies... *And other body parts as well, but that wasn't something you bring up in polite conversation.*

It's been my experiance most of the people that come to Sacramento do so with some goal in mind. It's god to know who might be helpful in helping me with my own goals. *And who might be compitition.*

So, you're a business man, Mr Bathurst? What is it you specialize in?

R
    Red

"I specialize in single family home sales. It is a fierce industry as boring as it may sound. Highly profitable. The territorial nature of the game is well...", his head drifts sideways and his gaze again sweeps the other kindred in the room, "I guess I don't need to lecture you on that but suffice to say it's perplexing to wonder how few Realtors end up here." The emphasis on that last word to imply the Danse.

"It is intimate in it's own way. You step into their lives and discover what comforts them. They let you see what helps them sleep at night. They let you see what they have planned for themselves, their children... and though it is fleeting moment sometimes they even accept you as family. A strong Realtor knows everyone in their neighborhood and everyone worth knowing in their town. They walk every street in their city and feel themselves embedded in its core. That would be my goal I suppose... to have this requiem become part of the foundation of all Sacramento..."

"And what, might I ask, keeps you busy these winter nights?"

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods as the man speaks, trying to take his words at face value. Still, he can't help thinking of tales his Sire told him: Vampires that ingrained themselves in families, feeding from generation to generation. Like some twisted family god. The idea made his skin crawl decades ago, and it still did tonight.

He tries to banish the thoughts from his mind, forcing a smile as he answers.* Well, if I'm ever in the market for real estate, I'll be sure to look you up.

*Max shrugs at the question, it was one he was trying to find the answer to himself these past few nights.* Research, when I find an interesting topic. Mostly I've been killing time at social functions such as this. The residents of Sacramento are a very gregarious group, as a whole.

R
    Red

Laird was confident Max would never 'hit him up' so to speak for haven locations, and experience reminded him that technical gentlemen were quite polar when it came to being interested in investments. Max just didn't strike him as that type, but the business dynamic wasn't really what Laird was driving for anyway. Regardless, it would be rude to not offer a business card given that comment so he produces one from a jacket pocket.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-04 11:04:48 red rolls 3 to Int + Socialize: Converse w/o giving away ignorance: Laird (1s Subtract) 9, 6, 5 1 success

He is lost on that adjective but takes it to be a compliment, and knows not to get sharp about it instead smiling and giving a simple, "Yes I agree."

He feels an empathetic sadness that any vampire would need to kill time. " 'Time is the school in which we learn / Time is the fire in which we burn' ", he says softly as his eyes glaze over. The words seem to haunt him since he can't recall their origin..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread