Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Time to Kill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam pours himself a shot that fills two glasses and after downing them both in rapid succession, he looks across the bar at Marcus. "Where are me manners at, I'll never know. What's yer pleasure, Hunter?" the bushman asks with a wry smile. "I done texted Rook, 'spect he'll be along shortly."
    It was either too late or too early for the bar to be open. The neon 'BUGGER OFF' sign was lit in the door, warning off the boozehounds and college kids out for a cheap buzz. Those charged with the murder of Milford and Enzo had Harry's all to themselves. "I got some idea a where to start on our quarries," Sam says conversationally.

K
    Kazakin

Rook headed into Harry's. It had been a while since he'd come here. Hell, after a moment's thought, he realised the last time he'd been in Harry's, Rust had walked over and threatened the small group he was with for... some reason. Whatever reason that had been, the Metalflesh had never actually found out. Maybe Rust just hadn't liked the three Winter Courtiers who had been with him.

That had been a different time. He'd been happier, for a start. He'd been secure in the belief that his family couldn't be touched.

He'd been stupider, and more naive.

"Nice sign, Sam. Makes the place feel just like home," the Metalflesh said, as he walked in. He smiled amicably, even if it seemed a little forced.

ST Edit: Rook is currently at The Four Seasons in Decipher & Decode. He may not join this thread until he exits that scene.

Marcus Evan

PRE

"I wouldn't say no to a pint of lager."

When Sam mentions having a lead on the biggest bastards in the 'hold, Marcus is all ears.

Mask down

The Ferret of Winter ogles through the glass pane of the door before testing the handle. The window fogs slightly, leaving behind frozen hand prints that melt away against the heat of the inside room.
    'Bugger off..' He chuckles to himself as he looks around the place, tiny paws shoved deep into his coat pockets.

"Sam!" He cries cheerfully. "Oh. That's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! The Hunt...." Yui leans back with his exclamation then stands looking between the dual Summers awkwardly.

"Never knew the marks. Is that what they are called. Marks? Targets? Hits?" The ferret strolls up and takes a lean on the bar, suddenly tracing a nail along something carved on the counter top. "I'd like a hit." Yui's grin edges sharp and cold. "A small one." His beady eyes glitter at what tonight might bring. In a moment he would get to fully enjoy the thrills. But there is other business and Sam's time is precious.

"I have bad news for ye." Tiny bells jingle, a layer of frost hints long the edges of nearby mugs. Yui swallows once to gather some gusto. "Davy is dead. That tiny faery bit it bad. Found him in the hedge, he fought something wicked." The strange leaf is pulled from Yui's wallet along with the axe. Yui slides the leaf across the counter toward Sam. "And I found this."

"I liked him Sam. He made sense, as much sense as the Hedge ever can I think. I want to do him an honor. You guys join in here. Whatever you have on me. please?" Yui nods toward Rook and Marcus. The smile disappears. A mask taken off. No bravado. Just a sad, thin fae fingering a tiny hatchet. "Please."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus looks from Yui to Sam, then back at the Winter ferret.

"Sorry to hear about your friend."

The leaf catches Marcus' eye when Yui places it on the bar top. The Hedge Warden in him can't help but try to identify the type of plant from which it came. Focusing back on Sam, his eyes narrow as he wonders what information the wizened had to share with them.

"I know Rick and Spartan are coordinating an Ash Run for Milford. I assume that means another trip to that damn house. But, what about Enzo? I haven't heard much about him. I'd hoped he'd learned his lesson by now."

Identify Plant
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-26 16:50:48 Marcus rolls 7 to INT+Survival+Specialty (10 Again) 1, 1, 1, 1, 10, 4, 8, 3 2 successes

Marcus can instantly tell its some type of marijuana although something about it tells him it could have been grown in the Hedge.

Marcus Evan

PRE

An insistent chirping notifies Marcus that someone has sent him a text message. Pulling out his cheap phone, he sends a couple of replies before returning it to his pocket.

"Right. Do you think there might be any connection between Enzo and this?"

The metalflesh points a rather accusatory finger at the wyrd herb on the bar.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam slides a bottle of something musty Marcus' way. The label reads 'Winkle's Old Peculiar.' "Yeh'll like it," Sam winks at the Warden. He smiles at the ferret's entrance, well, the corners of his lips turn upwards. The Woodwalker's face resumes its natural scowl as Yui tells his story- the death of a hob Sam actually had taken a liking to. "Bastards," he says, shaking his head, then pours himself, Marcus and Yui a shot of the good bourbon he keeps hidden behind all the bottles of crap whiskey. "Ta Davy, rest his crazy wee soul." (If Marcus doesn't want it, Sam will be happy to take it off his hands.)

"Aye, there be a connection alright. Davy tole us a great big winged beast flew by and dropped a leaf like this here. Mighta been Enzini's pet, right?" Sam remembers that part of the brief King Rick gave at the coronation. "I wuz jus thinkin we might find someone who knows about this sorta thing, fruit-tendin', that could give us an idea of what might be needed to make the nevernips like Betony sez. Or where they might be growin the seedlins they be puttin' in wee kids whut got no sense. But thas stupid, I dunno who. Sorry, ol' Sam's a bit drunk." He grins happily through the haze of intoxication. "Mebbe instead we oughta get recruitin' some other Courts fer the Ash Run. Be good to get as many hands as we can get when we go back to that bastard's shack, right?"

PRE

Yui downs his shot with the toast.

He listens to the drunk drawl of Barkel with interest, tsking at the mention of Enzo.
    Yui has nothing personal against the former Spring/Summer dude. It's just business.
    It should always just be about business. Yui rubs his tiny paws in the ambient warmth of the Markus' mantle. What it must be like for him. Enzo disgraced, Rust afterward. The tension of two new Kings after HAL and the attack against Katrin.

And there is this house. "This place in the Hedge. Maybe it's all related. The Nevernips, Enzo, this Milford guy..." There is no coincidence, just Fate. In Fate all things are connected. "I wish I was more informed then I am. I owe a debt to the Freehold for my slacking responsibility." Yui leaps up onto a stool and fishes out some not-so crusty nuts from a bowl. "You want help, you have me. The more I think on it the more I'm sure there is another Gate these guys are using. Capital Park is watched too well. Enzo would know that." Yui would have to study up on his Hedge skills. "Another thing, is this Weed Hedge born? Or is it from this side of the gate?" Assuming it is Enzo's, this leaf is the only lead Yui knows of.

On CSI they pinpoint the origin of drugs with Science. Real life isn't always so simple. Yui determines it's better to try with what you have.

K
    Kazakin

Danny sidled towards the door. He sidled because he felt uncomfortably nervous, despite his excitement at meeting new people. Mostly, he just didn't want to screw it up. His overenthusiasm about his work caused more problems than it solved. The problem was, it was an incessant part of his nature. If his long fingers didn't have something to work on, they twitched and flexed in perpetual discomfort until they did. Right now, they were gripping the ebony and silver finish of his cane as he walked towards the door.

Bugger off? Er... maybe I got the wrong place?

The Wizened looked at the door indecisively for a moment, but he couldn't really leave without finding out. He reached out a slender hand and pushed the door open, then sidled in awkwardly.

Well, there were Lost here. Marcus was Summer, wasn't he? So he must be the Metalflesh with the warmth radiating off him.

"Er... hi. I'm Danny. Pleased to meet you all," the 6'9 Wizened said, his voice awkwardly cheerful. His stretched, uncomfortably thin body was backlit by the eerie glow of the candles in his mantle.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread