Ended
Watch

(1111) Chase, Ricardo and Ariana

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana’s eyes flickered a little to Chase. “Again you are most flattering.” She smiled in appreciation. “I am quite alright this evening, thank you for asking. It is lovely to see you again.” She could not help but wonder something as they spoke.

She saw Ricardo arrive and the Lordess greeted him with a smile. “Good evening Whip Rodriguez. This is Mr. Ankers, also of our family.” One thing was for sure, her opinion of the males in her family was certainly changing since she moved to Sacramento.

Except for one. "It seems a lot has happened since our Family meeting. I do wonder if Mr. Kesom has entirely left the city." She glanced at Ricardo with an inquisitive look. She gazed over Chase for a moment, quite appreciative that he was not a imbecile like some of the other new people who arrived lately.

The hard face of the Mexican Lord took Chase by surprise. It was a new face and a new Beast, to which he quite nearly visibly cringed at the man's approach. The Priscus kindly made introductions on Chase's behalf while he took a moment to compose himself. Instead he bowed his head, noting Rodriguez's title of Whip. "A pleasure to meet you, Whip Rodriguez, your arrival is to my benefit as I am always eager to make new 'family' acquaintances."

Chase smiles in an attempt to mask his sudden anxiety though it begins to regain its cheer. The man seemed to have a serious way of looking, yet there seemed to be no issue present. An intimidating specimen of Ventrue dominance.

He listened to the Regent's statement with an expression of confusion, not familiar with Mr. Kesom nor the events of the previous Ventrue Meeting. He hated to appear ignorant but how else would one learn of the latest news and gossip, and who better than the Harpy to inform him. "I apologize, my Lady of Lords, but I'm afraid I wasn't present for the last Family Meeting. Who is this Mr. Kesom?" he asked innocently.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo smiled as Chase cringed. It seemed that the Hispanic Ventrue was on his way to being important. "Mr. Kesom made the mistake of being quite disrespectful at our family meeting. As a result, he was asked to leave the domain. He did and is working on a couple of letters of apology." Hopefully, Ariana and Chase understood the implications that had for each of them.

An unusual, and foul, sent permeated the air. The Mexican Lord searched for it and noticed Gene ( Red Dragon ) approaching. "Speaking of new acquaintances, allow me to introduce Mr. Eugene Betts. He may not be a member of our family, but he is still a member of the Conquistador Clans. Mr. Betts allow me to introduce Priscus, Regent, Harpy Donovan and Mr. Ankers. I trust your meeting with Priscus Grigoriev went well?" He figured that Gene wouldn't mind him revealing his Clan to the others, since he stated it publicly when they met. Plus, mentioning that he already met with his Priscus would show that he was on the right track.

R
    Red Dragon

Priscus Donavan said Gene, bowing slightly. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance

He turned to Chase. And you too, Mr. Ankers, he said bowing his head.

He wasn't sure if the lesser Ventrue would be offended if he received less deference than the Pricus/Regent/Harpy, but he knew better than to give any Invictus noble the impression that they were being snubbed.

My meeting with Grigoriev went very well, Señor Rodriguez he said to the Mexican Ventrue. He has given me his blessing to stay in this city, on the condition that I find Herald Villiers and announce myself to him. Gene smiled.

If you don't mind me asking, I am a little curious. Who's idea was it to hold court in a strip club? Not that I dislike the idea, I was just under the impression that court was generally more...formal

A
    Ariana Donovan

A letter of apology, Ariana thinks. She somehow wondered if it would even be sincere after what was said at the meeting. The Lordess hoped Ricardo’s answer would be sufficient to Chase for the time being.

Her eyes shifted to Eugene and a appreciative smile moved over her lips. “It is lovely to meet you Mr. Betts. I am pleased Bishop Grigoriev assisted you.” The Lordess said with a bit of warmth, as she knew some were appreciative of their families. “I am certain Herald Villiers will be able acknowledge you this evening.

“We have had an Official Court here almost a year ago. The upscale club is large and suitable for our needs on nights we gather in an Elysia to communicate. There are several places within the Domain where His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke, has designated that there shall be no discord allowed. There are members of the Hierarchy who He has designated to carry weapons or allow use of their gifts if necessary.” The Harpy’s was voice pleasant and informative. “This coincides with the Laws of the Domain as well. The Avalon, Reverence, Ballo Della Notte and Club Ember are the four designated locations.”

Ariana held up her hand to make a point. “Normally we gather at the underground at the Avalon. However, recently there was a significant disturbance outside the club and it was best to gather at Club Ember for this evening. We needed a central location where we could speak freely from Kine where there was room for us to gather.”

With a smile and humor in her voice she said. “It is not like we are at the Dirty Dollar Dancers or some other seedy type of club.” Ariana winked to the gentlemen around her.

Chase had heard of such things before. The displeasure of a kindred Prince was not something to take lightly. To Rodriguez he replied, "A pity he was not wise enough to keep such offensive thoughts to himself. Yet his mistake may serve as an example to newcomers such as myself that showing respect is a core of courtly gestures." However he didn't appear to wish to pursue the topic further.

As another guest approached, one who gave off an air of uneasiness, Chase was attentive to the Whip's introduction of Mr. Betts. When he greeted Chase, the Ventrue fledgling nodded respectfully, showing no sign that any further formalities were expected. At the mention of the Herald Chase smiled, but refrained from correcting the man of Miss Villier's gender.

He then gave audience to Madam Donovan, noting the various Elysiums he had yet to hear of and laughing jovially at her burlesque remark. "Well that would give us newcomers the wrong impression if it were, Madam."

E
    Ebon Reaper

With a devious smile, Ricardo half joked about the location of Elysia. "Kindred and Kine tend to gather around the things they value most. People in Mexico love their religion, so have Elysia in Churches. Think about what this Elysia is a temple to..." He chuckles a little. People here were more open about how much they liked money and sex, but he couldn't really say that in public.

The Hispanic Lord looks around and sees Martha with His Majesty. "Mr. Betts, I would be willing to introduce you to Herald Villiers once she is done talking to the Alder Prince." Yeah, Gene should pick up on the pronoun used. It seemed that people made gender mistakes in this language as well as his native one. "Mr Ankers, how are you adjusting to the city?" He asked, both because he cared about his family and because it was his job.

R
    Red Dragon

Thank you, Mr. Rodriguez said Eugene, regretting his use of the wrong pronoun. On the other hand, it was good that he found out before speaking to the woman.

He listened eagerly for Mr. Ankers' reply-another new perspective on the city would be good.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana lifted her finger and shook it back and forth a little. “Oh he was not the only individual who had acted obtuse to the wrong people and made a horrible first impression. The last Elysia gathering one went so far as to over step their verbal boundaries with the Herald. Then again with Her Grace, Alder Judex Twist and Royal Archon who promptly… disposed of that particular gentleman.” Again her voice was not threatening to those standing before her. However if there were newcomers who over heard her, hopefully they would heed the warning. The Lordess glanced to Ricardo with a knowing look.

With a smile she decided to lighten the mood and add to Ricardo's inquiry. “Mr. Ankers and Mr. Betts, since you are both relatively new to our Domain, what plans do either of you have? Do either of you have any particular interests or hobbies.” The Harpy looked to both Chase and Eugene. “I do know quite a bit about the city, so if you need information hopefully I can assist you.”

"Disposed...oh I see, how...unpleasant." The neonate refrained from grimacing. "But to answer Mr. Rodriguez's question as well as yours, Madam Donovan, I have taken to this city rather comfortably. It has taken some time to get my affairs situated where I can truly relax and take part in the movements of the Danse, but it is well worth the journey, most assuredly. I have found a haven for myself, at least temporary until I can find better accommodations, and I have recently found employment as well. As for my hobbies, my honoured Priscus, I trust you remember I have an interest in surfing and swimming." He smiled politely to the Regent, remembering that she had a curious if perhaps fleeting interest to join him on some future venture to the coastline.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.