Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1111) John and Emma

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled at that, "I am a work-a-holic, so I am very glad this isn't a party town. I actually haven't seen much of town, just the dig, an auto museum, and this club."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiles and nods,

"Then I will have to give you the grand tour sometime."
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Emma French

PRE

"That would be wonderful. I did find a great trail to take my jeep out on." Perhaps he wouldn't find this quite so interesting being a Daeva, but her excitement bubbled over a bit.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John chuckles at her enthusiasm, John was glad that the two of them were getting along. John had a good feeling they could be very useful to each other.

"You know, considering your field of study, I wonder, considering Kindred society is one of the oldest cultures in existence, in your professional opinion what is your take on this whole Dance Macabre thing? How do you think it has effected us as kindred and mortals?"

He was very curious to see what she had to say. considering John spent most of his time watching Kindred society trying to figure out it's ebbs and flows. Perhaps she had her own incite based on her field or research.

Emma French

PRE

"Well, the dance of death is the great equalizer. It is what unites all walks of life. Each with their own purpose and uses." Emma wasn't sure where he was going with this question. There were so many directions she could go in. "When I was younger, we were more tribal. If I were looking at kindred mixing from a purely social point of view I would say it is akin to when mortals started inter-racial relations. It is progress and growth which is good as far as I'm concerned. We can learn so much from each other if some would let go of their greed and need for power." Emma did a quick look around to make sure no one had over heard. She didn't mean any harm but some were so sensitive. "I really love to watch social interactions. I used to be a social psychologist before I had to reinvent myself again." Emma smiled and her eyes glowed green with excitement.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John liked the way this woman thought. He smiles begining to become a little enthusiastic himself.

"I couldn't agree more, often times I feel that our various factions all have common goals but don't take advantage of it. For example the Ordo and Carthians both vouch strongly for progress and change. The main difference between the two though is where Carthians search for political and social reform, the Ordo seeks personal transcendence and enlightenment. There are many would may disagree with me, however I can only speak for what I have observed. I too like to watch the Dance in motion, I like to follow and understand trends, who are the up and comers, Who is talking with whom, where is our society is going? Especially with this new age of technology and instant information, it really is a major game changer in many ways."

John keeps his voice low for the part about the Ordo and Carthians, he didn't want to start a flame war with anyone. Not to mention no one really liked to be associated with the Carthains it seemed considering their shady background.

Emma French

PRE

"For me, it is less about the 'who' but more about 'how'. The interactions are fascinating to watch, to analyze. I really love seeing individuals acting contrary to the stereotypes put on them." Emma smiles at this thought, especially since this Daeva is very contrary to what the stereotype. Such a nice change. "For example, my Sire took me to a zen master when I was very young, to help teach me control. This is something most would not think a Gangrel capable of."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John nods, frowning a little for a second. thinking of how his sire would have never done anything like that for John. If anything she encouraged the stereotype, and far worse than that. It was almost as though she embraced the beast rather than try to escape it.

then the smile returns,

"Well when it comes to my family's stereotype, I have always found it a little repulsive to use people suck them dry and then throw them away."

John stops there though Emma seemed like an OK person John didn't want reveal to much to soon.

He wished he could say that about the rest of his family here, but he truly did not know them all very well.

Emma French

PRE

"There are some who will do that. Just as there are some from my family who think they need to be a blunt instrument." Emma pauses as she remembers one gangrel she thought was a blunt instrument but who really was a warrior who knew how to use her beast well. "Everyone needs to embrace their gifts and use them to the fullest potential. I know many think of me as a savage, but I believe there is a bit of savage in all of us. Just as there is in me a a bit of wanting to dress pretty or a desire to be secretive or maybe even a bit of me that wants to experiment in politics or transcend what I have now. I wasn't one dimensional as a mortal and I certainly am not like that now." Emma's voice had softened as she revealed more about her thoughts than she meant to.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John's smile broadens as she speaks, it seemed they really were exactly on the same page.

"Once again we are in agreement. If you don't mind my asking, have you ever considered joining the Ordo or Carthians?"

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread