Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

[QUOTE=Psychangel;169026]
    Emma reaches out her right hand in greeting, tilts her head to the left slightly, "Hi, I'm Emma French." Beast perked up at the strangers beast. "Down, we are behaving." The beast whimpers into silence. "It is nice to meet you."
    John smiles and shakes the woman's hand.

"Great to meet you too Emma, so I assume you are new to the Domain. What brings you to our city?"
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Emma French

PRE

"My work as a cognitive archaeologist" Emma gives a lopsided smile. As usual she is using extreme caution, trust has never been her strong suit. "And how long have you been in the city?"

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John quirks and eyebrow. It seemed that this one was not much of a conversationalist. Then again John was fairly paranoid when he first arrived in the city, and held his cards close to his chest. So she might be in the same boat as he was.

"I have been here for about four months almost five. So a Cognitive Archaeologist, I apologize but I'm not sure what that exactly is. Is that some sort of field in psychology?"

John says in a friendly if not somewhat what confused voice.

Emma French

PRE

Emma gives a slight chuckle. Maybe he was an okay guy, at least he didn't seem to have an arrogant attitude like so many others, nor was he overly formal like it was still 1880 or something. "I look at archaeology digs and study the societies thoughts and symbols. I believe that you can trace their cognitive functions by doing this. It gives us a different perspective and a deeper understanding of those before us. My particular interest lies in how they functioned socially. Sorry, this must be very boring to listen to." Tell me about yourself, what brought you here?" Emma smiled, her eyes a greenish blue like the ocean.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

There we go.

John thinks as he smiles at the new comer. He was glad to see that perhaps she was loosening up.

"Oh no no that actually sounds very interesting, I often take great interest in how society works as well as psychology. My field in college was communications, you know PR, New media that kind of stuff, and the idea of someone who actually goes out to see how the cultures, and trends of past civilizations have effected us mentally today in all honesty is really cool in my book!"

John says with sincerity.

"As for me, I moved her up from LA, it just generally felt that it was far to stagnate there, every nitch was filled and I was going no where. Not to mention I could not stand my sire anymore. so I up and left, moved to the farthest major city I could get to that didn't mean leaving California. What about you? from where do you hail, and what brings you here?"

Emma French

PRE

"I basically moved here for my work. Recently I had been in Egypt. I travel a lot. One of my fields in college was psychology and I love playing in dirt so it was a good mix." Emma giggles at her admission of liking dirt. "Right now I am analyzing the courthouse dig. It is mostly all about a Chinatown area from the 1850's. It was an area where Chinese migrant workers were housed. They were mainly living in boarding houses. It really is very fascinating." Emma's eyes were a soft bluish-green as she spoke, she always found her work very soothing.

Emma French

PRE

Emma looks up at the room when she realized there was a shift in the murmurs. She notes the Prince has arrived followed by the Herald. She would need to see the Herald later tonight. Emma turns her attention back to John.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiles and listens, he too notes the Arrival of the Prince. Something about that made John a little on edge maybe it was because after the bomb threat, and the new setting of court, John had a feeling that whatever the Prince had to say was likely not to be good.

"That does seem interesting, I had no idea something like that was going on around here. So to which Family and Organization do you belong?"

John was welling to guess maybe an Ordo Mekhet then again he could be horribly mistaken.

Emma French

PRE

"I am unaligned at the moment, and my family is gangrel. My Sire is a good man, who has made sure I receive a solid training. It was his suggestion that I become an archaeologist. I also found a passion for social psychology and decided to combined the two. So tell me more of yourself and how you pass the time?" Emma was always curious about how others defined themselves. She knew her tendency was to define herself by her profession, but that was because it was something that could be discussed around kine or kindred. And her studies on the social patterns of the kine showed they normally related who they were by their professions. Even hundreds of years ago they were the hunter, the weaver, or maybe the medicine man.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John chuckles, something about the way Emma said that made him think that she was trying to analyze him a little.

"Well I'm a Daeva Carthian, when I'm hungry or really bored I usually go bar hopping or check out the local nightclubs, however I have been spending more time on work lately. I work as a blogger for the Sacramento Bee. It's not a Glamorous job, I'm not going out and meeting celebrities or anything, but it keeps the bills payed. Aside from that I'm usually trying to find ways to be helpful around the Domain."

John could also add that he was also beginning to gather a nice network of media folks, who at some point John hopes will become very useful. However, that is probably best saved for a time when they knew each other better.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread