Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Secret Garden

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Betony Rue imagines disemboweling Spartan and then stretching his entrails from one end of the garden to the other until the Summer King finally submits to his higher faculties and ceases being quite so dense.

"I believe Mr. Pereg and myself were both referring to your previous visit to that house. These are simple questions Mr. Karalis. I wish to know if the creature you call the Bogeyman, and which we have established to be the fetch of the late Scarecrow Minister, Peter Milford, was near any particular mirror when he escaped you. I believe Mr. Pereg is following a similar vein of thought. He has asked why you chose that particular portal for the way home on that first visit to that Hollow."

S
    Spartan

2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-02 17:52:42 Spartan rolls 7 to Int2+Comp2 (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 7, 10, 6, 5, 7, 6, 9 2 successes
    Spartan closes his eyes for a moment, trying to remember, that was 6 months ago, remembering what happened was challanging, especially with all the headwounds. "Their was a open book on the dresser beneath a mirror. It was in a bedroom. A Plain looking bedroom. Marcus found the mirror and said he throught it was how what we now know as the Fetch got in and out of the Hedge."

L

"It's a good trick, if you see someone flee through a mirror in the Hedge the natural assumption has to be that they used it as a gate to get back to the mortal world. He'd just have to make sure it would take his pursuers a few seconds to try to follow him through so it's not suspicious that it's not an open gate by the time they arrive." It was brilliant in its simplicity, really. And Rick made a mental note to be especially careful not to underestimate their quarry during the hunt. "But it sounds like we know where to find him now. So we just need to make sure we can get him out of the mirror."

Because simply breaking the mirror seemed like something that could blow up in their face all too easily.

Betony Rue nods at Rick's thoughtful answer and glances at Moira briefly before speaking.

"I was able to free Moira from the mirror trap by shattering it. I would assume that a similar tactic would work in this instance as well. Good hunting, gentlemen."

The Autumn Witch begins to tidy up and seemingly has no more time to spare for the two men. It isn't until she starts cleaning the charred blood from the stone table that she stops and gives the transformed Summer King a significant look as she pokes at one of the bloody plates that had comprised his discarded armor.

"Do take these with you, Mr. Karalis."

S
    Spartan

"I will, I have plans for those..." Spartan says and begins collects his discarded carapace.

"Rick, Let me know when you want to go. I will be there." Spartan says with a nod of his head, leaving the planning up to the current reigning King.

L

Or maybe it really was that simple. "Shattering the mirror it is then." After a beat of silence he adds, "How's your luck been since then?" Which probably wasn't something he'd say to the ogress if the two of them were in some dark alley with no witnesses about.

He does, however, continue without missing a beat. "I'll get announcements posted as soon as we're back to the mortal world. I want to get this bastard taken down ASAP, sure the rest of you do too."

Betony Rue narrows her red-rimmed eyes at Rick as if she is trying to decide if her king is poking fun at her. After coming to some internal decision, the ogress merely nods her agreement and continues to tidy the garden. Moira bids both men a fond farewell before she too returns to gathering her strange harvest. Feeling that they have been dismissed, the two Seasonal monarchs step back through the mirror and make their way downstairs once more. Emma sticks her head out just long enough to inform both men that Sam and Marcus are waiting for them at Harry's. The blightbent then gives them a smile and a friendly wave goodbye before disappearing. From the sound of her soft voice, it sounds like she must be reading Jessica a bedtime story to help the little girl get to sleep. After rescuing the kidnapped girl, transforming Spartan's fae mien, and learning the true nature of the Bogeyman, they realize what a long day it has been. They could both probably use a drink.

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread